• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plan to triple dip in GTA 5 on ps5/series X? IF no, what would make you?

Pantz

Might be my 5th time buying it (and have yet to get very far in it).

Last edited:

Yoboman

If they add new SP content, substantially upgrade the graphics and get rid of the load times i might triple dip

Isn't it a free upgrade or something on PS5?

bender

What time is it?
I regretted the double dip on PS4. The port was fine but I didn't spend more than a few hours with it.

NeonDelta

ive Bought it 3 times, twice at full price, once for under a tenner and got it free on epic game store. If enhanced version comes to Steam i’ll probably buy that.

Xbox 360 completed it
ps4 got 3/4 complete
xbox one got half way
pc got half way

I've bought it on 360 and Xbox One. I'll most likely get the XSX version, haven't played it in a couple years and I loved GTA Online. Just a fucking amazing experience with other people.

I still don't plan to single dip. I have zero interest in GTA.

pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Artistic

Still haven't completed the single player after all this time, so I'm definitely will be purchasing the XSX version when it releases.

Errr probably nothing I played the single player campaign only and have zero incentive to replay but if I had to name a couple of things-

Make the the on foot controls slightly better than complete dog shit.

Change the mission structure from that garbage linear rail road crap.( A bit unreasonable as this would require them remaking the whole game but you did ask lol.)

I amazed rockstar repeated both of mistakes with RDR2 yet somehow got a 97 metacritic yet here we are.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Technically I already Tripple dipped, bought the game for 360, PS4 and PC. I won’t be buying a ps5 version as I have a baller PC, so hopefully any graphical updates are released to the pc versio.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
ive Bought it 3 times, twice at full price, once for under a tenner and got it free on epic game store. If enhanced version comes to Steam i’ll probably buy that.

Xbox 360 completed it
ps4 got 3/4 complete
xbox one got half way
pc got half way

Why lol. I mean, mainly the XBO version, if you already had it on PS4. Seems like a serious waste of money!

Metnut

Would need single player DLC at least 20+ hours and the game to cost $30 or less for PS5.

So no, I don’t see myself buying this game again.

Magikarp9

Neo Member
Absolutely nothing. I have the PC version.

Also i believe that not throwing money at them is the best way for them to put out more GTA titles quicker. Anyone paying for GTA online is a peanut.

Bought it day 1 on PS3, got really far into it but never actually finished it which is rare, can't quite remember what pulled me away from it. I'm definitely picking up the PS5 version.

This will actually be my 6th time buying - bought for Xbox 360, then PS3. Rebought for Xbox One, and then later for PS4 Pro. Also bought on PC. And now I’m going to get it for Series X

Warablo

I probably will end up buying it if online progress carries over. Got a lot of millions invested into it and hours.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I semi-double dipped on PC. It was free on Epic Game store long time ago...so there's nothing that would make me rebuy it now.

If it's free I might consider allowing it to take up space on my HDD. Probably wouldn't play it too much.

GTA 6 please.

Ryu Kaiba

Lol people acting like they have any leverage whatsoever.
I've never played more than a couple hours of the game but I'm not gonna pretend it matters.
You people didn't see the sales charts this generation where GTA 5 dominated like 2/3's of it.
Your single purchase is not gonna stop that train from barreling through another generation.

If it's a complete remake with high res textures and the proper graphics of current-gen like R&C, I will triple dip day 1.

K2D

Banned
I'd pay (a console upgrade) $20 $10 for some updated graphics and a performance boost..

Last edited:

Soodanim

I bought 5 on PS5 once upon a time. Then I assumed that I would enjoy it more on PC because of better performance. I was right, but not enough to make me want to finish it.

There is nothing there for me in GTA5, because I don’t like the single player and I’m not interested in the multiplayer.

nemiroff

Gold Member
After many hundred hours of exploring every nook and cranny via three different platforms there's nothing that can bring me back but a new game.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Bought it once on 360 and that's as far as I'm going with it. I think I did claim it on Epic games but never got round to actually downloading it.

Add a bunch of the multiplayer stuff (esp. heists) to single player and the graphics overhaul is my minimum request.

I really want more single player content than a remaster. I say this as someone who has played a ton of GTAV online.

Bramble

-More than just upgrading the resolution: I got a feeling that GTA 5 will be updated to 4k 30fps and call it a day! It's been over 7 years since the PS4 update: I want to see a significant graphics update!

What makes you say this? If it's just a 4K bump, the game would've been released by now. R* also stated they want it to be more than just a simple port. The messaging on their blog also states it will be a lot more than just a res bump. We can assume it's gonna be running at 60fps.

The new generation versions of GTAV will feature a range of technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements to take full advantage of the latest hardware, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever.

Also on the blog:

Expanded and Enhanced with New Features and Content

Last edited:

NeonDelta

Xbox 360 completed it
ps4 got 3/4 complete
xbox one got half way
pc got half way
Why lol. I mean, mainly the XBO version, if you already had it on PS4. Seems like a serious waste of money!
It was about 5 quid in a sale for a digital copy. My ps4 copy was on a disc and this was either last summer or the summer before when it was just about to leave Gamepass. I was planning to just get an XSX for next gen so it made sense at the time.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Must be better than PC version. Better graphics, loading times, HDR and DualSense support.

Knowing new Rockstar it's going to be the laziest port you can imagine.

DJ12

No, completed it on ps3, brought it for ps4 and pc and couldn't get back into it for more than a few minutes as I found it quite boring going through the story again.

If its a £10 upgrade, maybe buy it for the alleged new story content. Full price, not a chance in hell!

Bought it in 2013 for PS4 beat it, loved it, played online for 3 months.
And that was it.

Idk how yall keep dippin and and buying it over and over again bc of a little better fps or graphics lol you guys are funny. Been waiting for GTA 6 since 2014 😆

Top Bottom