• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think could make GTA 6 better than GTA 5?

chromhound

Releasing the game in only one generation.
Sadly it won't happen... Maybe Story DLC
Cracking Up Lol GIF
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Go_Ly_Dow

More well developed characters like RDR2.

No last gen versions.

Other than that, give the game world a distinct flavour like the previous games had. Something about V, or probably LA 1:1 didn't capture my imagination in the same way Vice City did.

Rac3r

Less cartoony characters and tone, and a similar mood to GTA III/VC/SA/IV. The previous GTA games struck a good balance between wacky and serious moments/characters. GTA V felt like the majority of the game was a sitcom.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
A map that feels alive and dynamic. Los Santos is pretty to look at it but it's so shallow and static beyond a basic day/night and weather cycle. I want thunderstorms, strong winds, floods, tornadoes, etc. I also want my actions to have an effect on the world instead of NPCs running and screaming if I look at them the wrong way. Building interiors would also be cool. I hated that I couldn't go into buildings except my house, garage, shops, etc.

And i doubt it'll ever happen but bring new features to the single player game instead of only giving them to GTA Online. If Rockstar had done this with GTA V i'd probably have played it a LOT more but sadly all the new cars/weapons and gameplay stuff was exclusive to GTA Online which I'm not a fan of.

squarealex

- Better Story
- Less "cringe zoomer comedy" or zoomers Art Style GTA Online.
- More interiors environnement
- Metro / Train
- Better physics / explosion (like GTA4)
- Better IA NPC
- Less "hollywood fashion"...
- Best PAWG Latina protag
- Less TPS Linear Solo mission like another TPS shoot
- More "freedom to interact mission", like GTA Trilogy (especially 3/VC)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Keep the heavy feeling controls but tune them to feel more like max payne 3 and less like gta4-5-rdr2, don't relay on auto-aim when you have already made one of the best tps ever.

Let the writing to the team who made rdr2, it was much better plot and character wise than gta5 (i mean except for lamar the roasting god)

I'm ok with cinematic, super cripted mission, but forcthe love of god, gimme at least half of the main campaign missions with a less rigid mission structure, learn from more sandboxy open worlds.

Arcade style of driving and a fast travel that is actually a gamey ass fast travel, it's ok to left some realism out to not annoy players.

Get rid of submarine exploration and just put the resources into the walkable area.

Last edited:

E-Cat

Completely destructible building is where you can take c4 or other explosives and blow the pillars out from underneath and watch them topple realistically and even into other buildings.

Combine this with fluid physics where you can go into the aquarium and realistically shoot all the tanks including a giant multi-thousand gallon tank and watch the water flow out realistically combined with amazing AI where people run and try to escape.

Additionally give me a god mode where I can drop tornadoes, earthquakes volcanoes meteors and other things on to the city. I don't care if it doesn't make any sense, it would be awesome.
It’s all good, but probably requires petaflops era consoles. Maybe even zettaflops

Last edited:

TastyPastry

- better story and characters
the gta 5 story was honestly pretty unfocused and lame. there was no good main villain and the whole plot with the goverment sucked. michael was the only good character of the main three and he is still pretty low tier in terms of gta protags. franklin was just bland and boring and i didn't like trevor either. lucia & jason look like a huge upgrade in that sense.

- better controls
please rockstar. i have nothing against some weight but look at how the new RE or ND games do it, characters feel weighty but responsive

- better map
there was barely any reason to go see the countryside in gta 5

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that felt the way I did about GTA V. That's why I prefaced this post with info about not liking it. And that's why it amazes me that even so it's still made truckloads of money. I have liked what I've seen from the leaks because it does seem Lucia and Jason I grittier and grounded

Here's what I want:
- Robbing houses. Even if for some reason the rest of the world had limited entry, being able to plan robberies and enter houses would be so engaging. Hell, we're criminals. May as well let us engage in what we do best.
- Lean into GTAIV physics and Max Payne 3 controls. Again, it's amazing they had both those games as perfect templates but squandered V and RDR2(To a lesser extent)
- Let the world live without you. Rdr2 did feel like once you left the world then it would go on without you
- Have an actual antagonist. Seems like this would be feasible given the idea of drug lords and the potential connection to Mexico in this game. That also leaves open the opportunity to have a system in the game to have rival gangs and recruit your own gang. Make it hard to go to certain parts of the city that are gang owned.

nkarafo

- Better AI for NPCs and drivers
- More unique interiors and buildings you can enter
- More well hidden secret areas and secret missions
- Fewer collectathon items. Scanning the whole map to find 1 of of 500 whatever items isn't fun
- Have other areas to explore than just the main map (with their own map system). Kinda like "mini maps" inside the main map. Maybe a huge cruise ship far in the distance, a big mall or a fully explorable skyscraper that all have their own mission structures within.
- Being able to buy empty houses where you can fully furniture and decorate yourself, with stuff you buy/earn/find.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Crossplay.

Thats about it, the only thing i found missing from gta5 was i could either play with my xbox bros or my pc bros, but not both

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
A little extra space between the side walk and the lights so I can run over pedestrians more easily.

K2D

Banned
Something like the nemesis system for enemy gangs and criminal groups?

More fleshed out law enforcement and federal agency?

News reporters and obnoxious vloggers in the street? (Your shenanigans immortalized in in-game social media!)

VR? VR!

Plethora of "strange encounters"

K2D

Banned
Seedy underbelly (city under world).. I.e Under ground raves, rampent criminality, dubious establishments.. etc..

Higher emphasis on branching side quests.

Tiger King-esque encounters

I don't actually miss drug related crime from gta vice city and other media, too real for me, heh..

Satire on degeneracy, politics and woke (stuff people get really amped up about irl).

More comedy characters (stand up comedians etc)

Masked vigilantes (comic relief)

Collaborations with irl music artist

Mini games (LARPing side missions for instance)

At least one fucking Radio Station that streams.

I'm sick and tired to listen the same songs over and over again.

Don't give me that bullshit that Rockstar can't afford It or this is not possible because of licensing issues.

Game should be more serious means no characters like Trevor.

More interiors more Interactions and especially more side missions.

The story mode should be expanded like Fortnite. Means there should be new single player content every two or three months.

Last edited:
Reactions: K2D
I agree with the focus on 1 playable character, surrounded by a good cast.
I get it. I hated the 3 system in GTAV. But, we already know by now that it's not the case. We have Luicia and Jason. However, I think this setup could be really cool. Why? Because all of the characters in V were vastly different and had disjointed relationships.

Jason and Lucia seem to be a couple. I think that leaves more room for more interactive moments because they have each other's backs. For example, let Lucia seduce some guy while Jason sneaks around back to steal. They'll be more cooperative and hopefully that opens more uniqueness in gameplay.

Mozzarella

Ranked by order of priority.

1- Better mission design.
2- Cut out the tired stereotypes that plague Rockstar games in both characterization and plot.
3- Better gameplay/combat

Totally forgot to mention change the garbage mission design.

The story should evolve depending how succesful you have been.

Means directly response from your client.
Something like True Crime Streets Of LA did ages ago.

HighPoly

Banned
I'm totally worried about GTA 6, I mean, the leaks i've seen showed me, a pre alpha game and I know that's a long work to be done in this game.
But I'm afraid with the possibility of this game looks and feels pretty much the same as GTA 5...
I don't think we need a GTA with HELLBLADE 2 graphics, but I hope for something much more impressive than GTA 5 and that must feel better than GTA 5, like better Physics and A.I.

Last edited:

rolandss

Half the appeal of GTA games since IV is being a tourist in a big city. Vs map I found dull compared to GTAIVs Liberty City, with its subways, distinct boroughs etc. We need a more interesting map, that borrows a bit more from Red Dead 2s random encounters compared to those in V.

We goin' back to Vice City? We gotta have some Scarface references like the original VC, including, but not limited to, chainsaw dismemberments!

Throw in some Miami Vice references too!

K2D

Banned
At least one fucking Radio Station that streams.

I'm sick and tired to listen the same songs over and over again.

Don't give me that bullshit that Rockstar can't afford It or this is not possible because of licensing issues.

Game should be more serious means no characters like Trevor.

More interiors more Interactions and especially more side missions.

The story mode should be expanded like Fortnite. Means there should be new single player content every two or three months.

I'd be up for an AI radio host if they made it really apparent and overt that it's an AI and play into it. Integrate it with Spotify or and music streaming app.

Last edited:
Top Bottom