• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Coaster Alpha |OT| underconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrynnax

Tried to remake the Blue Fire coaster from Europapark, worked out fine until the end where I realised boosters appearently aren't a launch system for your coaster, doh! Gonna try and creat a lifthill instead, so it will be an inspired by...ride ;-)

Mik2121

That looks great, Kabouter! For my next park I will try to go super detailed on every corner, but without packing it all with assets as I'm worried I might make the PC go super-slow. Having buildings above the waiting lines and whatnot is a great idea though. Wonder how easy or difficult will it be to make.

Kabouter

That looks great, Kabouter! For my next park I will try to go super detailed on every corner, but without packing it all with assets as I'm worried I might make the PC go super-slow. Having buildings above the waiting lines and whatnot is a great idea though. Wonder how easy or difficult will it be to make.

Buildings above waiting lines are really easy to make imo.

Near finishing my super detailed park, and I can say ive put MUCH more scenery objects in this pirate land than Ive ever put into a whole park in RCT3.
Not a hitch right now and the game still worls flawlessly at nearly 60fps. It goes down to 50 sometimes, but I still dont know why, becuase after some 30 seconds it goes up to 60fps again even moving the camera around to look at your park.

I have a good PC, but this game is working MUCH better than I thought it was going to after doing super detailed lands. Its the cobra engine, the same as RCT3, but it seems a whole new engine seeing what it can do.

Going to put some screens and hopefully will do a video with a walthrough and on ride coaster POV, but I still need to finsh details around the land, mostly rockwork for the coaster's caves.

I hope eventually buildings will block light sources.

They already said they are working with the game to have those kinds of options when they roll out the dark rides update (Im pretty sure its going to be a whole future expansion).
But other than that, no, I dont want all the buildings blocking light sources. Its coming pretty handy right now that they reflect but dont stop light going through things.
I want the option for darkrides though.

Unicorn

Omg yes a darkride editor would be delicious. Some okay ones being made with coasters. Nothing of Pinocchio or Peter Pan caliber of course...

ryan299

I keep looking at people's creations and it makes me want to not play this game bc I know my parks will never look as good. haha

I think Im finished with my pirate land. Lots of work during this last 4 days, but I really love the end result.

First I reacreated Shambhala, an hyper coaster from PortAventura, and then rethemed it into a huge Pirate land with some rides instead of the miniland of the himalayas like the real coaster has. In the retheme I basically build the coaster around a story of a ship called Victory that after leaving port, encounters a huge storm and the kraken of legends, they fight back and try to get back to the port with the kraken loot but the wreckage is too much and the ship sinks near the coast.
Think ive used like thousands of objects (not exageratting, probably 5000-10000 pieces) to build all the adavanced buildings, and putting all the planting and rockwork. The night lights also took me a huge time to place. The "water" is basically mulitple blue roofs with rockwork surrounding it so it feels like artificial lakes.

Here are some screens. Will try to make a video with music and all that jazz.
planetcoaster2016-04-hmu1p.png

planetcoaster2016-04-zoukl.png

planetcoaster2016-04-5au3s.png

planetcoaster2016-04-xau6y.png

planetcoaster2016-04-i8utx.png

planetcoaster2016-04-l0ukx.png

planetcoaster2016-04-d5uwz.png

planetcoaster2016-04-p7u2s.png

planetcoaster2016-04-6vuyb.png

planetcoaster2016-04-8kuzt.png

planetcoaster2016-04-ozuqw.png

planetcoaster2016-04-8pun8.png

planetcoaster2016-04-lkuf6.png

satriales

I finished off my milkshake building.The tools are so great that even without that many objects just yet it's possible to do most of the things you can think of.

For this I used neon signs to create the tables, stairs, and top of the wall. Signs are also used as floor decoration inside the building, and as the red stripes/blue spiral on the external walls. The blue corner piece of the building is a shop canopy turned on it's side vertically and slotted in, and the 'stilts' of the building is actually just glass wall with some lights hidden inside.

I can't wait for them to add terrain tools and being able to change the colour of some scenery items.

QFUqWSF.jpg

Unicorn

This is going to be Spore levels of creative freedom - it's too bad Spore didn't have the game/gameplay to back up the creativity of everyone making stuff.

StayDead

Devs just released a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZN2-fybis

This game looks so amazing. I can't wait.

(Screenshot is shit-quality taken from the YouTube video)

This is going to be like RCT3 isn't it. Where I try my hardest to make something cool and then I can never catch up and do something as great as these guys.

I wonder if shyguy will ever play this (probably only Space Pirate would know who I'm on about), but he made a matchstick model of a theme park he called Wonder World and he recreated a lot of it in RCT3. It was amazing.

The Argus

Wow, some of these buildings are incredible.

Since the game doesn't have Steam Workshop support what can we actually expect with the user created content? I know you can save and share plans, but can we import new models and textures like RCTW?

Burny

Wow, some of these buildings are incredible.

Since the game doesn't have Steam Workshop support what can we actually expect with the user created content? I know you can save and share plans, but can we import new models and textures like RCTW?

Not at release. They said it would be added later.

satriales

I was going to wait for the terrain tools before I built a proper coaster but I started experimenting and got carried away.

It's only half finished, but coming along much better than I expected.

5aR6lm2.jpg

Now that im back from EGX, maybe I can start with a roman section for the park.

This is going to be like RCT3 isn't it. Where I try my hardest to make something cool and then I can never catch up and do something as great as these guys.

I wonder if shyguy will ever play this (probably only Space Pirate would know who I'm on about), but he made a matchstick model of a theme park he called Wonder World and he recreated a lot of it in RCT3. It was amazing.

I think shyguy is going to enter into the fry once this is released. I know the shyguy forums are back in full force thanks to the game.

Oh man! Go get some deets, SPR!

Sadly I found they only did a talk and it was the day after I discovered they were there :( Supper sad about not being there.

My biggest question is: Will the eventual game allow for driving rides of the coasters into people and watch people scream as they die horribly?

...I want that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJDwuZOv0 like this

They already confirmed guests cant die like in RCT3. I suppose theres still going to be derailing coasters into the paths though.

I was going to wait for the terrain tools before I built a proper coaster but I started experimenting and got carried away.

5aR6lm2.jpg

Its looking great! I really love the wooden bridge sustaining the coaster.

D-Pad

I can't wait to see what y'all do once the terrain tools unlock.

Going to stream me building my second big area based on Rome, if anybody want to watch it.
https://www.twitch.tv/spridley

Its my first time doing a stream, and my voice is not very good, so it only have the sounds from the game.

Damn I'll have to t try and catch the next one. I've been watching dark souls streams all day, this would have been a nice in-between break. :(

Mikeside

5aR6lm2.jpg

I think this is my favourite of all the Planet Coaster screenshots I've seen. Dense with content, but cohesive and stylistically satisfying too.

Well done, sir

I'd watch but I'm at work :(

I can't wait to see what y'all do once the terrain tools unlock.

Damn I'll have to t try and catch the next one. I've been watching dark souls streams all day, this would have been a nice in-between break. :(

Dont worry guys, you didnt loose too much, just me 3 hours being incredibly idiotic in my planning. lol
I just build like a coaster station Im not even that really proud of.

Also it seems what i recorded didnt save on my PC using OBS (Ope Broadcast Software), and I dont know why becuase I followed some tutorials, seems it didnt even save as old recording on the twitch page. Im pretty bad at streaming lol.
If I have some time this afternoon I will do another one, but im preparing for the ludum dare this weekend, so I dont know. Lets just hope if I do it is better than yesterday lol

Thanks! I added a bit more detail to that bridge. Here's a shot from the other side before it all gets completely enclosed in rocks:

IYePgZL.jpg

That looks DAMN nice! Reminds me a lot of Nemesis at Alton.

Just got my Coaster Head Club T-Shirt and wristband (Is that a wristband?). Shirt is looking good :)

The wristband has a 2gigs pen inside! It also has some secret link (still not open) for coaster head club members.

Bewre about the t-shirt though. The logo dissapears a lot after only one wash.

jax

Banned
Just saw which other games are developed by Frontier after I bought PC

I'm pretty hyped about the possibilities of Planet Coaster VR now. :)

Be hones here, did I go overboard with the lightning? :)

FVukRNB.jpg

lol
I really like those lights, it give the plazas really good festival feel.

Maybe make the building with the inside stores more back inside it, because tight now, the guests need to pass thorugh your walls to get to the right and left store.

Wrynnax

True, I'll try that, thanks for the tip! Wanted to create that feeling, so good to know it shows.
Tried to make a big tent-like place over it, so it could be like Bilbo's birthday party tent, but it looked terrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom