• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 |OT| 12 Man Squads, 2000 Players, So Free You'll Want to Pay!

Just got a brand spanking new computer. i53570K, 8 gig ram, GTX670.

What kind of performance can I expect from my rig?

This game looks incredible. Can't wait to get in on the action.

Jhriad

I've got practically the same rig with a 660Ti. You should see 60+ FPS most of the time with occasional drops during fights with lots of infantry & vehicles.

mr_nothin

Banned
Cosmocratores

With the holiday people will be in and out this week so possible contacts to get in Nukemall, Jaerin(that's me), Teethworms, Morphina, FiestaWagon, and Phlimsy.

I will be out of town for most of the week visiting family but the outfit should be created tomorrow evening (probably around 6:00pm Central)

If you're going to be on Connery you might consider running with us and The Terran Alliance. TTA has a lot of folks with a similar mindset.

EDIT: Is there any way to download the client now? Want to make sure we're up and running as soon as possible.
I'll definitely keep that in mind. I like smaller squads of like-minded ppl :D I hoping that The Enclave doesn't have that big of a presence on the Connery server since we'll have a lot more ppl on the server at any given time now. I really want to see more real outfit vs outfit battles. i'm really hoping The Enclave doesnt ruin the Connery server for me. I'm going to give it a try to see how it goes.

Soooo, should we come up with some type of schedule for which day/s we'll be trying out whichever server?

Here's what I have: i7 2600 @ 4.2Ghz, GTX670, 12GB Ram
You should be seeing 60-100fps at 1080p for the most part. Larger battles during the last week of the beta were between 50-60fps with occasional dips down to 45fps. This was running on Ultra settings (only available through .ini file tweaks and not in-game)

Jhriad

Just want to repeat that a number of us will be busy over the holiday so please be patient if you don't see one of us online. As you get into the outfit I would ask that you state you've done so here so that your name can be added to a list of in-game contacts for the outfit so that people can find someone to get them into the outfit.

mr_nothin

Banned
The Enclave will be on Mattherson, not Connery. Should be okay.

Whoops, that's what i meant because I'm looking at Mattherson atm.
Also, no way of pre-loading the game as of right now. We have to start fresh when the download is available 10am PST.

how will this game run on a 1055t and a 7950?

Game doesnt tend to favor AMD procs atm but they're working with AMD to optimize further. It's hard to say what kind of fps you'll get because it's different for a lot of AMD users even if they have similar specs. You'll just have to wait and see but I'm guessing around 40fps avg for you...probably a little higher.

MrBig

The nice thing about F2P is that you don't have to pay for the game just to find out it runs like shit on your system

17 hours

Game doesnt tend to favor AMD procs atm but they're working with AMD to optimize further. It's hard to say what kind of fps you'll get because it's different for a lot of AMD users even if they have similar specs. You'll just have to wait and see but I'm guessing around 40fps avg for you...probably a little higher.

dang

mr_nothin

Banned
watching the CGI trailer again, Galaxy crashes are almost as fantastic as that

All I could think about while watching that was:
I cant wait to spend my Station Cash on some awesome fuckin armor! People will learn to run when they see me!

Also, they really need to make an amp station on a plateau like that with lots of rock/boulder cover at the bottom. I also really hope that we get the vehicle interiors modeled so we can look around in them while riding.

mr_nothin

Banned
Always loved how the game looked during this time of day:
ibq0mHydpW2xYs.png

That's too bad - the largest tank encounter I've witnessed was TR pushing Vanu back from the big ass gorge up there, pushing VS west. It started just before dusk and lasted until the server crashed past dawn.

Anton668

so it seems my system falls somewhere in the middle.

how bad you think it'll be?

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Radeon HD 5770 1Gb
8Gb Ram

and any idea yet as to what GAF server will be?

Atilac

I take it my AMD Phenom II x4 955BE at stock won't like this game very much, even with 16 gigs of RAM and an AMD 7870??

Liberty4all

Banned
Originally Posted by Bamelin:
I'm running a i52500k 8 gig ram and a nvidia GTX ti 560

I'm good for ultra?

Running at 1080p...probably not good at Ultra. You'd probably be in the 30-40fps range or maybe lower because of your CPU. Then again we dont know if there will be any big optimizations in for the release. My 670 held up pretty well at ultra with RenderQuality at 110% (downscaled by 1.1x) at 1080p. Was 60-100fps without much going on and dropped to around 50-60fps range in bigger battles with occasional dips to around 45fps. My CPU is an i7 2600 @ 4.2ghz btw and I got 12GB Ram.

Darn. I'm overclocking my CPU to about 4.2 Ghz (not sure exactly ... My PC was custom built and has a setting that overclocks the CPU automatically) ... That won't help at all?

mr_nothin

Banned
Make sure you get the latest Geforce 310.61 drivers that are made with Planetside 2 in mind:

AndyB of Nvidia said:
The new GeForce 310.61 beta drivers are now available to download. Otherwise identical to last week's 310.54 beta driver, 310.61 beta improves compatibility in Hitman: Absolution and Planetside 2, and supports a new Black Ops II SLI profile that's available through NVIDIA update.

Windows Vista, 7, and 8 32-bit and 64-bit desktop and notebook downloads available at: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/..._download.html

If you have any feedback please leave a comment in this thread, and if you have a technical issue please report the problem direct to Manuel via the NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form. This will allow us to file bugs and work on any issues immediately.

Thanks,

AndyB
NVIDIA

it is a mystery~

i'll be playing on matherson since a few fuck-huge organized outfits are rolling on it.

I will be joining the good Doctorbon on Matherson because I've been playing with the Enclave. Love em or hate em its a whole lot of fun to roll around with 80+ people every night I log on. If you have ever wanted to be in a large group that can change the tide of the battle then I'd say give them a try.

Only negative I have had with the outfit so far is that there are some people in there that are a little immature when it comes to some more politically correct subjects.

Probably closer to the 6-8GB range after installation. They reserve 15GB for patches and extra content.

That's good to know. That means that the Steam download will be between 6-8GB.

Will they reset the stats etc before launch?
Probably a silly question.

Probably. If they were not going to reset it then I would assume that they would not have taken the game down for several days prior to launch.

mr_nothin

Banned
Will they reset the stats etc before launch?
Probably a silly question.

Everything is reset and all databases were cleared. You'll even have to re-register your name again if you didnt get Alpha Squad (which came with name reservation). It's as if the beta never happened.

Wes

venison crêpe
Most of the Euros I've spoken to are hoping the majority roll on US East so that we could join in.

I'll likely be creating on Mattherson either way as West is just a bit too far on the ol' latency.

HeliosT10

Hmm anyone have any idea how my laptop would handle this, specs below.

Alienware M14x
Intel Core i5 3210M
2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

I'll be playing at 1600x900 res.

Game looks amazing btw, can't wait to give it a go!

MrBig

Hmm anyone have any idea how my laptop would handle this, specs below.

Alienware M14x
Intel Core i5 3210M
2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

I'll be playing at 1600x900 res.

Game looks amazing btw, can't wait to give it a go!

You can find out in 30 minutes.

Are we going East or West?

(East plz)

We'll figure it out after today. I'll be opening up the gaf player form when the game goes live so that we can see where people are mostly located.

Devs are being very adamant about uninstalling the beta now, saying that it will cause issues with launch install.

Delete everything PS2 related in "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\" and "npsoeact.dll" in "C:\Users\(Your Account)\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment"

Anyone new, you have to create a SOE account. You can do it here or in the launcher when installing.

Top Bottom