• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plaque’s Tales Requiem Confirmed 30fps on consoles. 40fps on120hz Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
mod edit: This source is not to be used as the technical basis for threads. Egregious errors, 'mistakes' and false points of comparisons (e.g. RDR2) means we do not start threads based on this source. Please stick to VGTech, NXG, DF. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

GHG

Just watched Skill Up's review and it runs like ass on anything but a 4090. It doesn't even work on the steam deck and he was getting fps in the 20's on his 2080ti at 4k. Couldn't even hold 60fps at 1440p on medium settings on that card, certain sections just tank the framerate and putting everything on low made little to no difference.

This will be fun.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
oh boy dunk GIF

Didn't play the first and most likely won't play the second.

Last edited:

Karppuuna

This game is going to be this generation Crysis, 2080Ti doing 20fps in 4K max settings dlls off and no RT.

Last edited:

twilo99

Just watched Skill Up's review and it runs like ass on anything but a 4090. It doesn't even work on the steam deck and he was getting fps in the 20's on his 2080ti at 4k. Couldn't even hold 60fps at 1440p on medium settings on that card, certain sections just tank the framerate and putting everything on low made little to no difference.

This will be fun.

Seems like a VRR game …

T4keD0wN

I wanted to get this, too bad i cant run this because i only have a 3070. feels bad

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

This will be fun.

i bet this will be true for gotham knights as well

Banned
well, PC it is then.

not having a 1080p60 mode is honestly a joke considering the game already runs at 1440p40fps on Series X.
1080p is about half as many pixels as 1440p

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Me not buying this confirmed.

Oh wait, I wasn't planning on it anyway.

Mid gen refresh looks to be needed. I'd rather go back to last gen graphics at 60 if this is what we get going forward. Still going to Game Pass it of course, but I wouldn't pay until half price with this performance.

Eww. Hell no @ 30FPS on PS5. Drop some graphics settings so as to hit 60FPS please.

40hz mode is almost there.
This is so petty to skip a game because of 30fps. Everyone suddenly thinks they are too good for 30 fps…. In a cinematic game pushing graphics quality.
It’s but multiplayer shooter…
You can relax and play the game. It’s not a competition.
Guess you skipped bloodborne, tlou1,2, uc4, got and all other.
Give it a chance. You will get used to it.
If not, then F off , get a pc and let console be console. These are cheap boxes. I want tech to be pushed. If that means 30fps, fine. I want more stuff like naughty dog is doing.

Maybe it’s some senior wisdom or just plain ignorance but I am gaming since forever, had 120hz crt, 240hz lcd and now 120hz oled and I can switch. Your brain can of is not tragic 30fps.

And no. Mid Gen. refresh is not needed and will not help.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Good. :messenger_sunglasses:

Told yall, developers will ALWAYS prioritize graphics over framerate. Its been like this since the dawn of time. As its only the frame nerds who value that shit over better graphics/fidelity. Just get used to it, or buy a PC
A high end gaming PC doesnt run this game well either, and its without RT, with DLSS enabled.

Devs should wake up and make a 60fps mode with lower visual settings, its 2022 now. No one request 60fps with high settings on consoles.

Last edited:

Banned
Good. :messenger_sunglasses:

Told yall, developers will ALWAYS prioritize graphics over framerate. Its been like this since the dawn of time. As its only the frame nerds who value that shit over better graphics/fidelity. Just get used to it, or buy a PC

Said like a true caual pleb. why are casuals on a gaming forum is my question tho

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
well, PC it is then.

not having a 1080p60 mode is honestly a joke considering the game already runs at 1440p40fps on Series X.
1080p is about half as many pixels as 1440p

According to GHG GHG 's post and the Skill Up review (which I haven't seen yet myself), lowering settings etc doesn't help on PC much either.

It seems like the games engine is very resource heavy and there's not much in terms of optimization.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
40hz mode is almost there.
This is so petty to skip a game because of 30fps. Everyone suddenly thinks they are too good for 30 fps…. In a cinematic game pushing graphics quality.
It’s but multiplayer shooter…
You can relax and play the game. It’s not a competition.
Guess you skipped bloodborne, tlou1,2, uc4, got and all other.
Give it a chance. You will get used to it.
If not, then F off , get a pc and let console be console. These are cheap boxes. I want tech to be pushed. If that means 30fps, fine. I want more stuff like naughty dog is doing.

Maybe it’s some senior wisdom or just plain ignorance but I am gaming since forever, had 120hz crt, 240hz lcd and now 120hz oled and I can switch. Your brain can of is not tragic 30fps.

And no. Mid Gen. refresh is not needed and will not help.
I just don't care about these games. The first one looked like everything I hate about modern video games. Too much focus on some depressing ass masturbatory narrative with gameplay that looks more like an afterthought.

Pass.

Banned
According to GHG GHG 's post and the Skill Up review (which I haven't seen yet myself), lowering settings etc doesn't help on PC much either.

It seems like the games engine is very resource heavy and there's not much in terms of optimization.

I'll see how my 3060ti handles it I guess

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
A high end gaming PC doesnt run this game well either, and its without RT, with DLSS enabled.

Devs should wake up and make a 60fps mode with lower visual settings, its 2022 now. No one request 60fps with high settings on consoles.
That’s your opinion.
I think devs should do what they care for.
And if that is to prioritise graphics, then it’s my choice too

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just don't care about these games. The first one looked like everything I hate about modern video games. Too much focus on some depressing ass masturbatory narrative with gameplay that looks more like an afterthought.

Pass.
This I understand. I could barely watch first one on yt :p

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yeah it works. 40 divides evenly into 120hz so there won't be any judder, and a solid 40 FPS will feel a hell of a lot smoother than a solid 30 FPS any day.
Well anything that improves framerate makes it more smooth.

It's just utterly depressing to still read about 30 fps, and the "oh my god 40 fps" in an age where pc users are used to 120+ fps,and had been for a long time.

This is 2022, not 2002.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well anything that improves framerate makes it more smooth.

It's just utterly depressing to still read about 30 fps, and the "oh my god 40 fps" in an age where pc users are used to 120+ fps,and had been for a long time.

I totally get that, but in this games case reportedly 2080Ti is struggling at 4K/60 and only a $1500 4090 card is able to brute force its way through.

A solid 1440p/40 seems like a decent turnout for a $399~$499 priced hardware.

It looks like a fundamental engine level issue.

Stuart360

Just played a couple of hours on PC and i mostly get a stable 60fps. I have to run at 1080p with medium settings and textures set to max though (3700x, 32gb ram, 1080ti). Also if you have textures set to max, the game just looks the same on low and ultra, so no wonder changing settings doesnt do that much.

The game is cpu limited in some areas though, like the first city you get to when you're exploring the stalls. my game was dropping to around 50fps and i have a overclocked 3700x, so that may be why they didnt do a 60fps mode on console, because they couldnt.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The developer collected that Game Pass check from Microsoft, and this is the end result? Just push the game out like this, cause we already got paid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom