• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plaque’s Tales Requiem Confirmed 30fps on consoles. 40fps on120hz Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_game

I am not sure this youtuber is reliable. It may not be a optimized game. But there must be big gfx settings differences because if SS is 1080P 30fps then 1440P 30fps jump is too low SX and PS5.

Banned
Unless you're playing on a CRT or Plasma, motion resolution at 30fps tops off at about the equivalent of 480p. Congrats on your leap.

yeah, see my earlier posted image of the Matrix demo (at 40fps btw... so cleaner than on console xD )
kkjIz5h.png

and people make fun of DLSS 3 generated in-between frames when this is what apparently peak graphics looks like according to Represent. Represent.

Last edited:

Crayon

I am not sure this youtuber is reliable. It may not be a optimized game. But there must be big gfx settings differences because if SS is 1080P 30fps then 1440P 30fps jump is too low SX and PS5.

Unless it's dynamic and the s gets pulled way down. Had a few cases of that, so far.

Tqaulity

40hz mode is almost there.
This is so petty to skip a game because of 30fps. Everyone suddenly thinks they are too good for 30
I’m totally wit you rofif rofif ! It’s a losing battle since this forum is full of PC master race folk but it is ridiculous to skip a game just because it’s limited to 30fps. We’ve had 30hz games (and less) for the past 4 decades! And yes we’ve had plenty of 60hz games dating back to the 16bit era. Some of the best games in gaming history only existed on platforms ruining them at sub 30hz (Mario 64, GoldenEye 64, GTA3, FFVII, Gears of War, Elder Scrolls ,and the list goes On).

Even if you have A PC, not everyone has a top spec PC capable of running the latest games at 4K/60+! In fact 90% of people don’t. People just need to grow up

Topher

Gold Member
I’m totally wit you rofif rofif ! It’s a losing battle since this forum is full of PC master race folk but it is ridiculous to skip a game just because it’s limited to 30fps. We’ve had 30hz games (and less) for the past 4 decades! And yes we’ve had plenty of 60hz games dating back to the 16bit era. Some of the best games in gaming history only existed on platforms ruining them at sub 30hz (Mario 64, GoldenEye 64, GTA3, FFVII, Gears of War, Elder Scrolls ,and the list goes On).

Even if you have A PC, not everyone has a top spec PC capable of running the latest games at 4K/60+! In fact 90% of people don’t. People just need to grow up

Nothing petty about it. Not having performance options is a perfectly legit reason not to buy a game. Not sure why you even care. It isn't your money.

Banned
Hmm, after the logo the game loads an actual scene for the main menu, so it should be working your gpu, but it sounds like it's not loading fully somehow.

in 10min I'll have it on my C drive and try it there (the Xbox app is downloading pretty slowly today... which is typical of course xD ). if that doesn't work I'll reboot. it sure is weird. at first I thought maybe the devs are compiling shaders this way on first boot, but after waiting for 3min I restarted it and got stuck again... and again...

reinstalled, rebooted... same issue... well, guess I'm not playing it then 🤷‍♂️

Nothing petty about it. Not having performance options is a perfectly legit reason not to buy a game. Not sure why you even care. It isn't your money.
Exactly. They can have their quality option, give us our performance option as well. Both sides win.
But if you listen to people like rofif rofif then his opinion is the only correct opinion and we should not want a performance option. Options are bad mmkay.

Banned
hmm maybe a driver issue?
it works fine without any extra updates on my 6700xt, but maybe nvidia cards need a new driver?

could be, but according to the latest driver I installed I have the "game ready" driver for it... :/

guess I'll try a full driver reinstall... -_-

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Exactly. They can have their quality option, give us our performance option as well. Both sides win.
But if you listen to people like rofif rofif then his opinion is the only correct opinion and we should not want a performance option. Options are bad mmkay.

I like rofif rofif . It just sucks that he was dropped on his head so many times as a baby. Between that and being bullied on the playground by girls half his age, it really created some warped perspectives on things. That's why he has an LG OLED TV as a desk monitor. Of that, I'm certain.

Turn Of The Century Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

lol...you know I'm messing. love ya rofif rofif

Last edited:

Banned
reinstalled, rebooted... same issue... well, guess I'm not playing it then 🤷‍♂️

hmm maybe a driver issue?
it works fine without any extra updates on my 6700xt, but maybe nvidia cards need a new driver?

could be, but according to the latest driver I installed I have the "game ready" driver for it... :/

guess I'll try a full driver reinstall... -_-

so I reinstalled my drivers... rebooted the PC... and now the game is claiming to download a 44GB patch...

umri6fH.png

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

I’m definitely looking forward to playing Plagues Tale Requiem, but it seems like more gamers are ok with it being 30fps and lower resolution while Gotham Knights is unacceptable at 4k/30fps? Is it because it’s cross generation?

Topher

Gold Member
I’m definitely looking forward to playing Plagues Tale Requiem, but it seems like more gamers are ok with it being 30fps and lower resolution while Gotham Knights is unacceptable at 4k/30fps? Is it because it’s cross generation?

Nah, just a very loud minority.

Hoddi

so I reinstalled my drivers... rebooted the PC... and now the game is claiming to download a 44GB patch...

umri6fH.png

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation
I've had that happen three times today. It's like the auto-updater messes up the installation that comes through the Xbox app.

Also, the game runs at a smooth 25fps at 4k on my 2080 Ti. DLSS helps with that but damn.

Edit: It went from v1.0 to v1.1 to v1.2.1. Each update basically just redownloaded the game.

Last edited:

ren008

Neo Member
Game is definitely a looker but that 30fps is hard to take on xsx after getting spoiled for these past 2 years.

40fps mode feels better, but i ca only get it if i run 120hz 1440p output (tcl r635 hdmi 2.0) but then lose HDR as xbox still only supports hdr at 4k output for some stupid reason...

Hmmm decisions hdr vs 40fps?

DaGwaphics

Reading reddits thread on this is tragic.
People skipping and boycotting a game that is cinematic and pushing graphics at perfectly fine 30 fps. Nobody cares for 40 either since I bet they don’t have hfr screens lol.

Believe me. Years later you will remember story, characters and how awesome the game looked. Not that it was 30 fps. Think about your previous gens. Do you really remember tlou as this terrible game because it ran 30 fps?

Besides. This game is pushing a lot rats per second!

I can't see people complaining about this one, when you look at the screenshots and the game clips it's instantly obvious that this is going to push systems. Just crazy.

It's understandable when a last-gen looking game is limited to 30 and people question it.

Rippa

Just the way I like my cinematic action adventure games.

I’m sure an option for the 60fps crowd will come soon enough. Isn’t the first game 60fps on PS5/XS?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is the goal.

60fps is the sacrifice.

If yall wanna have last gen graphics at 60fps forever then cool, but the rest of us want to see a leap.
they can have 60 fps, just wait for mid gen refresh or buy a PC. GPU prices are crashing and you can probably build a PC for around $1k with a 20 tflops 6800xt. i saw it going for $540 the other day. sell your ps5 and xsx and you can easily get back $800.

angrod14

There's no excuse for this other than incompetence. 30 fps was acceptable last gen given CPU limitations but current machines are more than capable to deliver a substantial leap in visuals while maintaining high resolution and frame-rate. There are many releases that have proven this. At the very least they should offer "fidelity" and "performance" modes.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Game's performance is everywhere. It goes from 120 fps on a 3060 Ti all the way down to 70 fps in some sections. PS5 has traded blows with the 3060Ti in some games but not this game because this seems to favor Nvidia cards.

AMD cards like the 10.7 tflops 6600xt go from 60 fps to 35 fps in the same area.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Haven't played a 30fps game since 2017. I just recently played GoW 2018 in locked 60fps and I'm fine with waiting for the better "versions" of games.

This and Gotham Knights are not my type of game and they both scream hectic development.

God of War: Ragnarök, Spider-man 2, Wolverine - all in sweet 60fps and above with VRR. Can't wait.

Gameplay > Graphics

Allday anyday

hlm666

Performance discussion starts at 4 minutes 15 seconds in:
there is 2 generations difference in his cpu between the 2080ti and 4090 I wonder if there are some cpu bound issues? these guys made flight sim which is rather heavy on cpu.

Swift_Star

Banned
Mid gen refresh looks to be needed. I'd rather go back to last gen graphics at 60 if this is what we get going forward. Still going to Game Pass it of course, but I wouldn't pay until half price with this performance.
The game is actually badly optimized

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Aren't they using Unreal?

No, proprietary for this game.

The teams also have their own in -house engine , allowing them to respond to the issues specific to their games.

Translated from here:

hlm666

Tried it on my pc and xsx.
It's a pretty heavy game on pc, though pretty light on cpu usage (max 20% on my i9), though it's working the gpu fully (96-99%)
Got 30-40 fps at 70% (1512p) res scale and 40-80 at 50%(1080p).
Obviously a bit sharper at 70%, and looking mostly the same as the xsx version, but the added smoothness of the 50% run was undeniable and that's how I'll be playing it from here on out; this game could've benefited a lot from FSR2 imo.
What RT effects is it doing? Has it got RTGI like some of us speculated? Darktides has RT reflections and GI and it's very heavy with it all dialed up. On a side note does changing presets to high turn RT on aswell? I was thinking when those reqs were released for pc without specfic RT reeqs nvidia might be pushing for the presets to turn on RT so when sites like hardware unboxed do there benchmarks it's harder to ignore RT settings if High preset just turns it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom