• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analistadebits is not a reputable or credible source to start comparison threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that it's 900p on the series S makes me think it's just not a very optimized game at all. Also, aren't there multiple graphics modes? There's performance and graphics modes aren't there? What modes are they talking about here?

Roni

Gold Member
Honest question: Is this game considered good? I see people post about it, but everytime I see it it looks like a budget mobile game. I've always assumed it was some throw away title, but the amount of people talking about it keeps increasing.
It is worth a playthrough, if you don't suffer from thalassophobia.

Is there any reason why he should be?
I've always liked his videos.

They said the issue was with the quality of the comparisons. He's making a lot of mistakes that more seasoned comparison sites are not making. This could be due to his inexperience but it's hard to discuss comparisons when they have some pretty bad mistakes in them.

Apparently once the quality is on par with the others he wil be unbanned. If he hasn't been unbanned already.

JackMcGunns

Is there any reason why he should be?
I've always liked his videos.

From what I understand, there were some honest mistakes made and they were corrected. VGTech made a few of those in the past, everyone should have a fair chance to evolve, I don't think there was anything nefarious going on, but anyone who knows more on this matter can feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
They said the issue was with the quality of the comparisons. He's making a lot of mistakes that more seasoned comparison sites are not making. This could be due to his inexperience but it's hard to discuss comparisons when they have some pretty bad mistakes in them.

Apparently once the quality is on par with the others he wil be unbanned. If he hasn't been unbanned already.

What mistakes?

One thing I like about him is he keeps his mouth shut and let me draw conclusions.

ManaByte

Well its a more powerful machine, that should never have been up for debate.
are you new GIF

JackMcGunns

Yeah the average playstation owner is really gonna lose sleep over this for sure

Do you believe these head to heads are created to either make fans feel "good" or "bad" about their purchase? It's either to people who own both consoles decide which version they should get, or if it's a game they're basically buying the system for, say a huge release like Resident Evil Village or Mass Effect Legendary, it can help them decide which console to buy. Playstation owners can sleep fine all the time, so long as it doesn't bother them that Xbox Series X is more powerful and starting to show it more and more as time progresses.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
This is unhealthy though.

If he was one of those youtubers that only makes clickbaity videos to troll on people, then fine, but his videos seem pretty objective and straight to the point to me.
Digital Foundry videos for instance are a slog to watch, they used to be so much better.

jeffyjaixx

Are you saying they got the resolution wrong? We'll see, so far they've been correct, but warriors keep attacking them for no good reason.

After that fake fps counter fiasco, I'd rather wait for analysts who use official frame counter equipment.

Doesn't Elanalista still use open source instead of official?

Last edited:

If he was one of those youtubers that only makes clickbaity videos to troll on people, then fine, but his videos seem pretty objective and straight to the point to me.
Digital Foundry videos for instance are a slog to watch, they used to be so much better.

Some of the mistakes seem pretty trollish to be fair. Like of they were extremely minor that would be fine but using a broken framerate counter is another thing. Usually these sites review their content before posting them. Something that obvious should have been seen before uploading it.

JackMcGunns

I think that was sarcasm lol.

When RE8 showed better framerate on Series X, everyone was quick to point out how they couldn't be trusted, but then DF and VGTech had the same conclusion, go figure 🤷‍♂️

Fredrik

I see some vegetation not moving on XSX that is moving on PS5. In the texture comparison.
Is the water still in that moment on XSX or did they scale animations back to reach native 4K?

After that fake fps counter fiasco, I'd rather wait for analysts who use official frame counter equipment.

Doesn't Elanalista still use open source instead of official?

Thay was a pretty big mistake on his part. I remember someone pointed out another video where it said there was screen tearing on the PS5 version but it was a locked 60 at that point. I think it was his RE8 comparison.

assurdum

Banned
Do you believe these head to heads are created to either make fans feel "good" or "bad" about their purchase? It's either to people who own both consoles decide which version they should get, or if it's a game they're basically buying the system for, say a huge release like Resident Evil Village or Mass Effect Legendary, it can help them decide which console to buy. Playstation owners can sleep fine all the time, so long as it doesn't bother them that Xbox Series X is more powerful and starting to show it more and more as time progresses.

Confused Emma Stone GIF by SAG Awards

LMJ

They aren't BC games if it's a retail PS5 copy.

No but they ARE cross gen games and clearly not an indication of power, usually the Pro/X version receiving a few bells and whistles. hardly representative of the PS5s actual power considering Ratchet is getting praise for it's "Pixar come alive" graphics ;)

Another victory for MS and their brilliant legacy support (seriously can't gush enough about this)

JackMcGunns

Thay was a pretty big mistake on his part. I remember someone pointed out another video where it said there was screen tearing on the PS5 version but it was a locked 60 at that point. I think it was his RE8 comparison.

Others have made mistakes in the past, I don't think it's fair when someone is making an honest mistake and corrects it.

assurdum

Banned
Others have made mistakes in the past, I don't think it's fair when someone is making an honest mistake and corrects it.
I wouldn't call an honest mistake by a channel who repeatedly put ahead series X on graphic setting even when it was totally false but well 🤷‍♂️

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think that was sarcasm lol.

When RE8 showed better framerate on Series X, everyone was quick to point out how they couldn't be trusted, but then DF and VGTech had the same conclusion, go figure 🤷‍♂️
They didn't.

You literally just stop replying to people when everyone pointed out that you were wrong. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

assurdum

Banned
Already happening, so I guess that's your expression on how you feel about it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

*Bookmarked for later ownership
Already happening in your head from the start of the generation you are like a parrot with the same argumentation again again and again. You want a practical example? RE8 runs exactly as DMC and I already predicted it slightly better FPS on series as always. The other? All BC games and we know how better is series X on BC. Outside Hitman 3 we have Outriders? It has a better higher resolution dynamically (not that easy to perceive because dynamic) but with the sacrifices in the AF s I wouldn't call it a demonstration of unparalleled powerful over ps5 but eh

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

33% more pixels on xsx is not that far from theoretial compute advantage, also its unity engine game and noticed that devs struggle a little with this engine on ps5 (only 1440p on new Oddworld)

JackMcGunns

Already happening in your head from the start of the generation you are like a parrot with the same argumentation again again and again

In my head? Where do you think ANOTHER ONE.GIF originated from? PS5 was taking all the head to heads, even if by a small margin, but that has reversed as of late.

Have you been under a rock or are you just being purposely ignorant?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
33% more pixels on xsx is not that far from theoretial compute advantage, also its unity engine game and noticed that devs struggle a little with this engine on ps5 (only 1440p on new Oddworld)
One thing I've noticed about Unity games, not sure if its the game engine or studio or low budget, but it sure seems every time I play some Unity indie game, they crash a lot. More often than bigger splasher games with their own engine.

assurdum

Banned
In my head? Where do you think ANOTHER ONE.GIF originated from? PS5 was taking all the head to heads, even if by a small margin, but that has reversed as of late.

As? The most games we seen lately are all BC. Are you deliberately ignored it?

Last edited:

I always thought it started when Github released. Something about the PS5 being underpowered and unable to compete with the XSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom