• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plaque’s Tales Requiem Confirmed 30fps on consoles. 40fps on120hz Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, proprietary for this game.

Translated from here:

Interesting an indie dev making their own engine. An A for effort.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
so you think the screenshot I took looks perfectly fine? I didn't even move my mouse quickly, that was a screenshot of a slow camera pan i did, running at around 40fps on PC
Thats not how the game looks when you play it.

I play the game and it looks like this when i turn the camera.

ed4a1dc5e86f43d7bed8aec9720c9524

Perfectly. Fine.

You guys make up problems in your head.

Last edited:

Rockman33

I prefer 60 fps given the choice. But 40fps is substantially better than 30. And if a game visually looks like it’s pushing graphic fidelity and gets 40 I’m not too upset. 120hz TVs are not very expensive anymore.

Pimpbaa

As long as it’s 30fps done right. Horizon Forbidden West is fucking seizure inducing on an oled at 30fps for some reason. Spider-Man, Rachet and Clank, and other PS5 exclusives look fine at 30fps. 3rd parties it’s a mixed bag.

MOTM

Banned
Out of all the reasons why a game could come out not totally optimised, these guys found a way to blame Gamepass 😂

The developer collected that Game Pass check from Microsoft, and this is the end result? Just push the game out like this, cause we already got paid??

If You Say So Shrug GIF

But we aren't supposed to talk about this kind of thing happening. It also frequently happens with games that Epic moneyhat for their store as well for what it's worth.

Yep.

I remember the defense for developers collecting those checks was that they could use that money to make the games better.

Bullshit.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Stick sensitivity: 2

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia
Thats how the game looks at default. Perfectly fine. You people have literally no argument. You're just ok with last gen looking games that do nothing to push the medium forward, long as they run at 60. Looks like a PS3 game? Holds a steady frame rate? Next gen!

Probably the same story with this game
They can always scale their game. Ww have plenty of games which are 30fps 1080p on S and 1440p60 or 1880p60fps with DRS on X. BS excuse by BS devs.

Shit engine with no option of DRS.
Devs also don't make use of FSR2 on SX or any RDNA2 features to keep parity with PS5 version.

ahtlas7

Is the poor performance on PC due to fidelity or lack of optimization? Small studio releases game using in-house engine has me believing the later. Is this one of those Nvidia sponsored games? You know, where before the game even starts you get the Nvidia logo.

Freeman76

Yeah not supporting this crap. 60fps should be standard at this point. Im sure they will put a patch out.

If games like Valhalla and Cyberpunk can look gorgeous and run at 60, this can.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I can't see people complaining about this one, when you look at the screenshots and the game clips it's instantly obvious that this is going to push systems. Just crazy.

It's understandable when a last-gen looking game is limited to 30 and people question it.
Exactly.
People expect 2k$ functionality out of a 500$ console. With this behaviour soon consoles will be this expensive…
It’s the usual fresh pc gamers perspective. Oh I’ve discovered 60fps on my 2k usd pc so now everything will have to be as I Say.

People have a hard time understanding that console is not a pc. I don’t want to care for any of these things. I just want to play. And current gen systems are extremely good for 500 and offer unprecedented graphics. Still boeasting features that even 2k usd pcs don’t have like direct IO.

2k usd consoles that are actually pcs with all their annoying traits? No. I don’t want that.

This narrative is pissing me off and it will lead to something bad. Either games will stop evolving or consoles will get very expensive and buggy.
You can’t have amazing grqphics and 60fps on 500 console. Unless you drop quality.

This game is pushing 1000000rps. No game ever has this high rats per second!

Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super - 1080p, DLSS Balanced, mix of High and V. High settings and I'm getting 60 FPS no problem.

Also, seems to run on Steam Deck

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Doesn’t look better than the TLOU2 for example, at all.
It doesn’t but these games do something completely different.
And optimisation comes into play. ND is using custom ps engine. That must be better than ue. At the same time tlou2 is not pushing thousands of rats lol.

I feel like people who skip game over 30 fps on console need to grow up. It’s the mentality of new entitled pc gamers. If they would have more gaming experience they would not give a fuck about this.
I also cared immensely about this… 20 years ago

Last edited:

Zathalus

Out of all the reasons why a game could come out not totally optimised, these guys found a way to blame Gamepass 😂
Gotham Knights is 30fps as well, I suppose that is the fault of Gamepass... even though it is not launching on it.

Last edited:
Reading reddits thread on this is tragic.
People skipping and boycotting a game that is cinematic and pushing graphics at perfectly fine 30 fps. Nobody cares for 40 either since I bet they don’t have hfr screens lol.

Believe me. Years later you will remember story, characters and how awesome the game looked. Not that it was 30 fps. Think about your previous gens. Do you really remember tlou as this terrible game because it ran 30 fps?

Besides. This game is pushing a lot rats per second!
Sorry dawg, its 60+ fps or GTFO from here on out

GymWolf

Another game that has no reason to not have at least a 1440p60 mode.

Also lol at those performance on pc.

Seems like i have to Wait for a few patches before buying the game.

TheTony316

Just watched Skill Up's review and it runs like ass on anything but a 4090. It doesn't even work on the steam deck and he was getting fps in the 20's on his 2080ti at 4k. Couldn't even hold 60fps at 1440p on medium settings on that card, certain sections just tank the framerate and putting everything on low made little to no difference.

This will be fun.

It's not that bad. I get 4k/30 and 1440p/60 on a 6800XT at ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom