• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plaque’s Tales Requiem Confirmed 30fps on consoles. 40fps on120hz Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Xbox is better for Rats confirmed 👍

d7nrmw6-8f991905-e636-422b-904f-581a7d705d95.gif

Trunim

I got cheap and downloaded it on my series S because gamepass, instead of ps5.
And holy shit it looks and plays like my base ps4 games back in the days.

If this is next gen, I’m happy with just ported 1440p/60fps games through all this gen.

Last edited:
That’s sucks, can u really blame them, look at how many platforms they have do have to develop and optimise for. Sx,Ss, ps5 and pc, that’s is just too many, ur going to see more and more 30fps games going forward

Last edited:

GHG

The developer collected that Game Pass check from Microsoft, and this is the end result? Just push the game out like this, cause we already got paid??

If You Say So Shrug GIF

But we aren't supposed to talk about this kind of thing happening. It also frequently happens with games that Epic moneyhat for their store as well for what it's worth.

Goon_Bong

And here I was thinking this would be the first console gen with consistent 60fps libraries.

Guess the 30fps lobby are absolutely frothing with excitement at the thoughts of their dreams coming true - good job lads, this is why we can't have nice things.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If You Say So Shrug GIF

But we aren't supposed to talk about this kind of thing happening. It also frequently happens with games that Epic moneyhat for their store as well for what it's worth.

Yep.

I remember the defense for developers collecting those checks was that they could use that money to make the games better.

Bullshit.

Just watched Skill Up's review and it runs like ass on anything but a 4090. It doesn't even work on the steam deck and he was getting fps in the 20's on his 2080ti at 4k. Couldn't even hold 60fps at 1440p on medium settings on that card, certain sections just tank the framerate and putting everything on low made little to no difference.

This will be fun.
The first one ran like ass as well, so no surprise here.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Reading reddits thread on this is tragic.
People skipping and boycotting a game that is cinematic and pushing graphics at perfectly fine 30 fps. Nobody cares for 40 either since I bet they don’t have hfr screens lol.

Believe me. Years later you will remember story, characters and how awesome the game looked. Not that it was 30 fps. Think about your previous gens. Do you really remember tlou as this terrible game because it ran 30 fps?

Besides. This game is pushing a lot rats per second!

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
And here I was thinking this would be the first console gen with consistent 60fps libraries.

Guess the 30fps lobby are absolutely frothing with excitement at the thoughts of their dreams coming true - good job lads, this is why we can't have nice things.
This is the goal.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

60fps is the sacrifice.

If yall wanna have last gen graphics at 60fps forever then cool, but the rest of us want to see a leap.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

I called it back when we saw a few 120 fps games at launch.

Everyone wanna show how fast and smooth next gen can be. Same as last gen where many games were 60 fps at release.

Then we go down to the lowest fps possible to sell graphics. Fuck gameplay, fuck responsive controls, decent image quality sells, the rest not so much.

As long as there's people who likes clunky games with good graphics, then thing will never change.

Banned
As opposed to what? Some nerdy fuck that values numbers over art? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

no someone who values responsive inputs and a clean view of the scene in an interactive medium where "art" was always a secondary (if even that) characteristic.

but nowadays [shallow gameplay, dumbed down to never give the player any friction] + [MUH GRAPHIX] and every casual pleb will call your game a masterpiece

Last edited:

Fredrik

The Last of Us 2 was 30fps and became the most awarded game of all time. The Witcher 3 was 30fps too, record amount of awards there too. Spider-Man was 30fps too. Halo. Mass Effect 2. Driveclub. Ghost of Tsushima. Skyrim. Flight Sim. And Zelda Ocarina of Time was 20fps, 17fps in Europe.

Just a reminder if you have short memory.

Anyway I voted with my wallet against 30fps for a long time. Still became a standard. Only thing that happened was that I missed lots of games.

There is always PC if you truly can’t accept it.

Saucy Papi

well, PC it is then.

not having a 1080p60 mode is honestly a joke considering the game already runs at 1440p40fps on Series X.
1080p is about half as many pixels as 1440p
I wonder if it's CPU limited via draw calls as opposed to a GPU limitation via fill rate/rasterization/memory bandwidth. Otherwise, I'd agree you could just drop the resolution and hit that coveted 60 fps.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I called it back when we saw a few 120 fps games at launch.

Everyone wanna show how fast and smooth next gen can be. Same as last gen where many games were 60 fps at release.

Then we go down to the lowest fps possible to sell graphics. Fuck gameplay, fuck responsive controls, decent image quality sells, the rest not so much.

As long as there's people who likes clunky games with good graphics, then thing will never change.
Dark souls was barely 30.
Yet we all fell in love with it.
Try looking beyond your pity limits

Banned
man some of y'all are real hard to please :messenger_tears_of_joy:

the Matrix demo looks nice with preconstructured and scripted sequences and still images, but in the open world it looks like pure shit as soon as anything on the screen moves.
the ghosting behind every element on screen is ridiculous and the TSR reconstruction breaks apart really fast as well making the demo look like sub 1080p at times.

the low framerate is one of the main culprits of why it looks like that btw. less frames = less reference for the TAA and Upsamling algorithm to contruct a good looking image

edit: made a real quick screenshot of what the Matrix demo looks like in motion since I still had it sitting on my desktop
kkjIz5h.png

that demo sure is beautiful... BUT DON'T MOVE!

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Tried it on my pc and xsx.
It's a pretty heavy game on pc, though pretty light on cpu usage (max 20% on my i9), though it's working the gpu fully (96-99%)
Got 30-40 fps at 70% (1512p) res scale and 40-80 at 50%(1080p).
Obviously a bit sharper at 70%, and looking mostly the same as the xsx version, but the added smoothness of the 50% run was undeniable and that's how I'll be playing it from here on out; this game could've benefited a lot from FSR2 imo.

Represent.

Frame rate is king, because gameplay is king.

The prettiest graphics mean nothing when your character responds like a 400lb slob knee deep in mud.
I would agree. So its a good thing that 30fps is perfectly smooth.

TLOU 2, Driveclub, Ghosts of Tsushima, God of War, Spider-Man, Skyrim, Mass Effect blah blah basically every game in existence I guess are all unplayable.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let's wait for the day one patch to reach any kind of conclusions.

There was already a 3GB update to the game and its already 1.2 and 1.02 on Xbox and PS5 respectively. If there's another patch planned on top of that tomorrow that's great. But I have a feeling that was it.

Banned

lower framerate = lower temporal resolution = blur in motion

the higher the framerate the sharper a game looks in motion. high fidelity at 30fps is for people that want to stand still and take photo mode screenshots instead of playing a well made game

Represent.

lower framerate = lower temporal resolution = blur in motion

the higher the framerate the sharper a game looks in motion. high fidelity at 30fps is for people that want to stand still and take photo mode screenshots instead of playing a well made game
All those games I listed are well made games. You just ignored them to boost your nonsensical argument.

MarkMe2525

Yep.

I remember the defense for developers collecting those checks was that they could use that money to make the games better.

Bullshit.
You're right, MS wrote a check so big that that don't have to worry about revenue from every other platform. Lucky them.

Banned
so I tried launching it on PC and am stuck on this.
most notable is the 100% GPU usage on a black screen with nothing happening running at 50fps

the game already gives off unfinished vibes

Banned
All those games I listed are well made games. You just ignored them to boost your nonsensical argument.

I'll give you half of them, the other half are shallow AAA mainstream fodder, dumbed down to the max so even game critics can finish them
also all of them (that got patched or were unlocked) play IMMENSLY better on PS5 running at 60+fps, it's not even remotely close in quality.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I'm currently reinstalling on another drive, if that doesn't work I'll try a reboot. but this behavious sure is something I've never seen before. the GPU usage at that framerate in particular is weird as fuck
The startup is basically a logo/video right away, maybe something is preventing it from playing?

Goon_Bong

Good to see the flicker show enthusiasts crawl out of the woodwork to defend the colony. They are if anything, consistent. I particularly enjoy hearing from the ones that say they can't perceive any difference - time to see a neurologist if you're part of this cadre.

Tqaulity

Good. :messenger_sunglasses:

Told yall, developers will ALWAYS prioritize graphics over framerate. Its been like this since the dawn of time. As its only the frame nerds who value that shit over better graphics/fidelity. Just get used to it, or buy a PC
You mean “or buy a high end PC” which isn’t practical for the vast majority of people. As mentioned this game runs horribly on 90% of the PC configs out there.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
no the video plays (very stuttery) and then after the logos, black screen, my GPU fans start up and my GPU usage is at 100%
Hmm, after the logo the game loads an actual scene for the main menu, so it should be working your gpu, but it sounds like it's not loading fully somehow.

Banned
Hmm, after the logo the game loads an actual scene for the main menu, so it should be working your gpu, but it sounds like it's not loading fully somehow.

in 10min I'll have it on my C drive and try it there (the Xbox app is downloading pretty slowly today... which is typical of course xD ). if that doesn't work I'll reboot. it sure is weird. at first I thought maybe the devs are compiling shaders this way on first boot, but after waiting for 3min I restarted it and got stuck again... and again...

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

TLOU 2, Driveclub, Ghosts of Tsushima, God of War, Spider-Man, Skyrim, Mass Effect blah blah basically every game in existence I guess are all unplayable.

It’s all a matter of what you’re used to.

My local beaches have shitty looking, cold water.
Beaches further south of me have softer sand, the water’s clear, and it’s warm as bath water.

Can I go to the shittier beach? Sure. Do I enjoy it as much as the nicer beach? Fuck no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom