• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

I love PlatinumGames and I watched the entirety of Avatar:TLA + LoK last week and loved it as well. Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

KoopaTheCasual

What a dreadfully ironic time for this game's hype cycle to begin.
You're talking about the news of the show getting pulled off TV right? I can't believe that's happening... How Nickelodeon fucked up the promotion and management of this franchise is beyond me. From green-lighting the show in babby fragments (killing any chance for continuity in the story telling), to the god awful marketing.

RK128

You're talking about the news of the show getting pulled off TV right? I can't believe that's happening... How Nickelodeon fucked up the promotion and management of this franchise is beyond me. From green-lighting the show in babby fragments (killing any chance for continuity in the story telling), to the god awful marketing.

Wait, the show is getting pulled off Nick? ....Why? I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of the series but it is one of the very, VERY few quality shows left on the network (next to TNMT).....and they want to get rid of it?

Doesn't this have another season after the newest one too......just stupid X(. Then again, this IS Modern Nickelodeon, so them doing this isn't that shocking sadly :(.

At least the Avatar fan-base and people who love Platinum's past games will give this game a ton of support :D. Really smart move getting them on board for this game, the ideal developers for an action-based Avatar game :).

Wait, the show is getting pulled off Nick? ....Why? I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of the series but it is one of the very, VERY few quality shows left on the network (next to TNMT).....and they want to get rid of it?

It's being taken off Nick and only shown on the digital Nick website iirc.

Season 4 is pretty much almost done, so they'll just air the rest of S3 and S4 online.

RK128

It's being taken off Nick and only shown on the digital Nick website iirc.

Season 4 is pretty much almost done, so they'll just air the rest of S3 and S4 online.

....That is just stupid X(. I mean, it is one thing to find ways to bring internet traffic to your website....but having your AAA animated show be available ONLY on your website when you have two channels to put the show on is just....stupid :(.

It's especially sad because the show has been firing on all cylinders this season. Shame it just wasn't enough.

Akiller

At least the Avatar fan-base and people who love Platinum's past games will give this game a ton of support :D. Really smart move getting them on board for this game, the ideal developers for an action-based Avatar game :).

Yeah, that's what i've always thought about P* developing a game based on a series: P* fans will begin to get interested in that series and the fan of the show will get interested in P* thanks to the game. A possible win-win deal.

Peff

Animations look a bit rough, but it is a downloadable game after all. Otherwise it looks like a different take on Rising, which is very promising. Good!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's especially sad because the show has been firing on all cylinders this season. Shame it just wasn't enough.
It really sucks because I havent seen a lick of season 3 because I be at work during when it airs, it was perfect on saturdays idk why they fucked that up

RK128

Don't tell me none of you didn't think of THIS when Korra was fighting the mech XD!

On a serious note though, the game looks very promising :). The combat looks like it was directly lifted from MGS Rising (not a bad thing at all :D; that game looks to be a blast to play :)), the visuals look very nice and crisp (abit lacking the detail the show has with its animation) and the Temple Run-est Polar Bear mini game looks to be fun.

I think this will go down as one of the better license games out there and the fact that if this does well they will make more games like this (Platinum Power-Rangers anyone :D?).

SykoTech

Looks solid, but a far cry from an ideal Avatar game. The environments look way too stiff and seem to lack interaction with bending. Levels also seem very narrow (even on-rails areas, ugh). Would have much preferred to be able to run free around Republic City, and bend up the place to my heart's content.

Though I suppose I shouldn't have expected Platinum to be able to deliver a big game like that, especially since it's a downloadable one this time. Oh well, at least the combat seems fun. Should be a pretty enjoyable game I guess.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think this will go down as one of the better license games out there and the fact that if this does well they will make more games like this (Platinum Power-Rangers anyone :D?).

What are you talking about? We already have Platinum Power Rangers.
670px-0,1024,0,575-The_wonderful_101_by_vgwallpapers-d69g6hs.jpg

Korra game looks pretty good.

Teknoman

Don't tell me none of you didn't think of THIS when Korra was fighting the mech XD!

On a serious note though, the game looks very promising :). The combat looks like it was directly lifted from MGS Rising (not a bad thing at all :D; that game looks to be a blast to play :)), the visuals look very nice and crisp (abit lacking the detail the show has with its animation) and the Temple Run-est Polar Bear mini game looks to be fun.

With Power Rangers, i'd rather Platinum just make more original sentai hero games. Wonderful 101 enemies and high impact boss battles are amazing. I wouldnt mind seeing them try something similar to Kamen Rider series though.

Squishy3

With Power Rangers, i'd rather Platinum just make more original sentai hero games. Wonderful 101 enemies and high impact boss battles are amazing. I wouldnt mind seeing them try something similar to Kamen Rider series though.
A Kamen Rider game would be more their style than something like Power Rangers, considering Kamen Rider usually focuses only on one Rider except for the stuff where multiple Kamen Riders interact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom