• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Regiruler

BxD9bVaIQAAgGCF.jpg

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/509187841532776448
https://twitter.com/OnlyAfroGames/status/509185404739010560/photo/1
Thought this was funny

Also holy shit @W101 soundtrack release. I thought it was never going to happen.

Lernaean

Banned
Yes please!
I need to cheer up after today.
FUCK YOU Capcom ç___ç

You do this Kamiya.

Why do we
fuck Capcom
though?
No problem doing it, but i should know.

BxD9bVaIQAAgGCF.jpg

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/509187841532776448
https://twitter.com/OnlyAfroGames/status/509185404739010560/photo/1
Thought this was funny

Also holy shit @W101 soundtrack release. I thought it was never going to happen.

It's not funny, it's hilarious. XD

Feindflug

:O

Great news about the TW101 OST being released even if it's only digital (I'd love a physical edition though), soundtrack is amazing.

Also I have a feeling that we'll get something new from Scalebound at the TGS, maybe a new trailer with some gameplay bits here and there?
Please Kamiya!

Ushiwaka

Awesome as it may be, i'm pissed with this tweet, for all the obvious reasons.
It would be great if IGN had the same reflexes with W101 for example, not to mention Bayo 2 coming in 40 days. But those 2 are not in the right platform for IGN to care i guess.

Maybe he is secretly making a DMC game so they mentioned DMC and Scalebound out of all the games he made.
lol :(

IGN is also doing an interview about Bayo 2 which I think is going to be published tomorrow.

Nemmy

Goddamn, so I'm checking for Bayo 2 preorders every day and so far only two stores in my country have them at all, and the First Print is nowhere to be found. Most retailers seem to be ignoring the game completely.
Fuck my life...

I wouldn't suspect IGN people knew who Kamiya is. Wow.

On one hand, I'm happy at least Scalebound is getting SOME media interest, Microsoft money and all. On the other, goddamn games media, what about all those bombs P* made so far? :(

Lernaean

Banned
On one hand, I'm happy at least Scalebound is getting SOME media interest, Microsoft money and all. On the other, goddamn games media, what about all those bombs P* made so far? :(

Exactly how i feel. Game media will ignore you and let you burn if you don't carry a truck-full of money with you.

Edit: IGN video is up. Bayo 2 is phenomenal guys.

Nemmy

I love listening to P* people describing their work. Somehow I don't think most devs even realize the importance of a lot of stuff from that video (like those different attacks so you know where you are in a combo).

Also this vid gave me hope that P* realizes just how boring Bayo 1's Cardinal Virtues were on repeated playthroughs. Who knows, maybe Bayo 2 will actually change how I feel about big bosses overall.

Auctopus

Exactly how i feel. Game media will ignore you and let you burn if you don't carry a truck-full of money with you.

Looks phenomenal. Can't believe they feel in this industry it is 'abstract' to consider how a game plays and feels.

Nemmy

So I finally started watching The Last Airbender and turns out it's really awesome!

Though I can't help thinking stuff like "This scene could make a great bossfight!" or "I can see how this might be made into a combat mechanic" while watching it. It's getting me really hyped for the Legend of Korra game!

Ushiwaka

I couldn't resist it and finally watched some large amount of Bayo 2 gameplay footage. Oh lord the wait is going to kill me.
It's over guys, Digital Foundry crashed the dream.

Suddenly, Bayo 2 is the worst game ever.

I personally don't care, cause I played my first playthrough of Bayo on PS3 and fucking enjoyed it despite the shitty framerate, but I can understand why some people are disappointed. And come on guys no one is saying its the worst game ever. It's not 60FPS like we thought its going to be*, so people have the right to be disappointed.

*= Yes I know no Platinum game ever was solid 60FPS, but just see the DF test on MGR, its way more solid than Bayo 2.

Anyway, as I said I don't really care, but I think Platinum should improve their technical abilities for their PS4/X1 titles at least. If they are going to use Fox Engine for MGR2, its going to be interesting to see what they can achieve with that much power.

Nemmy

If Bayo 2 will run worse than MGR in Blade Mode then I will bitch and moan like a banshee on fire, I can tell you that.
And I would personally prefer P* to cut down on the crazy shit and keep a locked 60 fps at all times, as at the end of the day crazy shit gets old and barely matters after your playtime enters three digits territory.

But with that said, that DF thread is fucking ridiculous.
I mean, waiting for a discount on what is likely a strong GOTY contender because the fps isn't stable is fucking nuts.

abadguy

Banned
So I finally started watching The Last Airbender and turns out it's really awesome!

Though I can't help thinking stuff like "This scene could make a great bossfight!" or "I can see how this might be made into a combat mechanic" while watching it. It's getting me really hyped for the Legend of Korra game!
Nice to finally get a good game based on this series and by Platinum of all developers, finally the bending styles will be done justice.

Unit24

This is what really gets me hyped for the Wonderful 101 OST release:
The sound quality is a step up from the music in the game itself, so even those of you who spent hours in the Sound Test are in for a treat. The theme song for the game, “The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 100”, has also been remastered. The game version of the track was edited to loop endlessly, so we got Hiroshi (lead BGM composer) to go back and give the song a fitting conclusion. The soundtrack is the only place you’ll find this version.

Lernaean

Banned
Ok, keep watching that DF video, i'll be playing the real deal in 39 days.

If Bayo 2 will run worse than MGR in Blade Mode then I will bitch and moan like a banshee on fire, I can tell you that.
And I would personally prefer P* to cut down on the crazy shit and keep a locked 60 fps at all times, as at the end of the day crazy shit gets old and barely matters after your playtime enters three digits territory.

But with that said, that DF thread is fucking ridiculous.
I mean, waiting for a discount on what is likely a strong GOTY contender because the fps isn't stable is fucking nuts.

It won't be as bad as MGR on blade mode, but you are right, they should have locked the framerate but it seems they preferred the spectacle.
TBH i don't care that much, game seems to be over 45fps at all times and i survived W101. Additionally, i have to say that i may be blind, but watching the Gamersyde videos which are 60fps, i don't see the 15fps drops described by DF, maybe because there's so much going on on-screen, including all the effects, but if it's there, it doesn't bother me.
Also i don't want to talk about DF, last time i did i got a ban :p

Nemmy

TBH i don't care that much, game seems to be over 45fps at all times and i survived W101. Additionally, i have to say that i may be blind, but watching the Gamersyde videos which are 60fps, i don't see the 15fps drops described by DF, maybe because there's so much going on on-screen, including all the effects, but if it's there, it doesn't bother me.
Also i don't want to talk about DF, last time i did i got a ban :p

Yeah, I'm not that sensitive to unstable framerate either, as long as it's not getting in my way I might as well not notice the game is not locked 60. But Blade Mode framerate was... something else :p

How bad was W101 by the way? I'm planning on getting it when I'm done with Bayo 2, but then I read some posts about single digits framerate and as usual on gaf I'm not sure if it's a hyperbole or not.

The worst offenders for W101 are the ice stage where its like...ALWAYS under 60, and its especially grievous in the second half. Also all the Vorkken boss fights seem to be slowdown city.

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah, I'm not that sensitive to unstable framerate either, as long as it's not getting in my way I might as well not notice the game is not locked 60. But Blade Mode framerate was... something else :p

How bad was W101 by the way? I'm planning on getting it when I'm done with Bayo 2, but then I read some posts about single digits framerate and as usual on gaf I'm not sure if it's a hyperbole or not.

It's hyperbole. Typical GAF WiiU hating hyperbole.
W101 has framerate issues, it often drops when there is too much happening on screen, but when there is too much happening on screen, there is TOO MUCH happening on screen.
So yeah, you may even have 60->40 drops, but that's that, and with 70+ heroes, fighting with 3 unite-morphs, juggling a giant robot while other grunts are closing in, and a dozen effects on screen and pieces of armor being torn off from the robot and stuff like that... trust me, the last thing in your mind will be the drop.
Also PG must keep its tradition of not having one 60fps console game.

The worst offenders for W101 are the ice stage where its like...ALWAYS under 60, and its especially grievous in the second half. Also all the Vorkken boss fights seem to be slowdown city.

Yup, Vorken fights had their problems, but then again, they were the most (HW) demanding fights.

Top Bottom