• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nemmy

So.... No MGR2 at TGS. My next bet is VGA just like MGR1. or maybe, a dark plot twist: There is no MGR2. :/

Don't even say such terrible things. Keep on believing!
I mean, with Bayo 2 out and Korra releasing real soon, Platinum must have something up their sleeve they didn't announce yet. My bet is either MGR2, or another new IP, and oh please let it be MGR2.

Ushiwaka

Don't even say such terrible things. Keep on believing!
I mean, with Bayo 2 out and Korra releasing real soon, Platinum must have something up their sleeve they didn't announce yet. My bet is either MGR2, or another new IP, and oh please let it be MGR2.

I want to believe :(

Maybe they are waiting for Bayo 2 and Korra's release to announce something new. If we're going to hear anything about MGR2 at VGA, Kojima should start teasing stuff soon. Like opening up a website with pictures of sliced watermelons or something. lol.

MGR2 is really going to use those 8GB RAM of PS4/X1. Imagine taking "cut everything" to the next level.

Lernaean

Banned
Stop being so sad both of you!
There IS a MGR sequel on the works and the longer it takes, the better it will be. Now give me some big smiles.

Ushiwaka

Now give me some big smiles.

RQ80Ker.gif

:p

Golnei

The import OT being right there is taunting me. I've tried to avoid as much media as possible (save for the Platinum blog posts) after E3 - hopefully I can last another month.

Lots of jap messages about Bayo 2 on Kamiya's twitter :D
Wonder what is the japanese for "Blocked".

Bx-zJJpCEAESxZ4.jpg

Party Hard.

Cool pic

and Japanese word for blocked is 'tsumaru' Not sure it would be appropriate to use in internet, but when you want to someone to stop doing something you say, tsumaru.

Auctopus

It may be because of Bayo 2's imminent release but is there a reason I shouldn't be excited for Legend of Korra?

Almost no hype of it anywhere.

Keasar

It may be because of Bayo 2's imminent release but is there a reason I shouldn't be excited for Legend of Korra?

Guess it kinda cancels itself out by being a license game yet its made by Platinum. I am really interested and looking forward to it, but at the same time its a license game, they rarely if ever get any good, but its by Platinum, so it has to be good. Yet its a license game. By Platinum. License. etc. etc.

Nemmy

Its release date is real soon isn't it? Because even Platinum blog seems to have zero updates about it.

Then again there's no way for Bayo 2 release to not overshadow Korra, I'm afraid.

Lernaean

Banned
Its release date is real soon isn't it? Because even Platinum blog seems to have zero updates about it.

Then again there's no way for Bayo 2 release to not overshadow Korra, I'm afraid.

It's October 21-22, like 2-3 days before Bayo2 (depending on platform).
Getting both anyway, i hope i progress much in 3 days cause Bayo2 will get all the attention.

I'm still hyped for Korra, but there is no information about it. I'm making the OT and having trouble finding more than a few interviews for the game mechanics.

Ushiwaka

I'm hyped for Korra too. Getting ready for my first combo videos :D

I'm still hyped for Korra, but there is no information about it. I'm making the OT and having trouble finding more than a few interviews for the game mechanics.

Well, its a small project. Activision doesn't seem to care enough to promote the game more which would lead to previews and stuff... .

I just hope that Activision gets Platinum to make a TMNT game. That would be super awesome. The guys at Platinum seem love the series too.

Nemmy

It's October 21-22, like 2-3 days before Bayo2 (depending on platform).
Getting both anyway, i hope i progress much in 3 days cause Bayo2 will get all the attention.

And there's Evil Within on 17th Oct. There's no way I'll beat it in 4 days.
So I guess I'll play through TEW, buy Korra day 1 in the meantime, then play Bayo 2 as soon as it releases, then arrive late to the Korra party (who am I kidding, there will be no Korra party).
Holy shit, October.

Lernaean

Banned
And there's Evil Within on 17th Oct. There's no way I'll beat it in 4 days.
So I guess I'll play through TEW, buy Korra day 1 in the meantime, then play Bayo 2 as soon as it releases, then arrive late to the Korra party (who am I kidding, there will be no Korra party).
Holy shit, October.

Exactly this.
I'll try to beat TEW too before Bayo2 releases. Meanwhile, I'll get Korra on release and i hope i'll have some time to spend on it.
In my case, i'll buy Sunset Overdrive too, with no hint of when i'll be able to play it, and November has stuff i want too. WTF?
Anyway Bayo 2 takes priority over everything.

Coda

I'm hyped for Korra too. Getting ready for my first combo videos :D

Well, its a small project. Activision doesn't seem to care enough to promote the game more which would lead to previews and stuff... .

I just hope that Activision gets Platinum to make a TMNT game. That would be super awesome. The guys at Platinum seem love the series too.

A Platinum 4 player co-op TMNT game would be so hype.

Akiller

hnnng
What is that Kanji on the screen?
Z-Z-Z-ZANDATSU?!
sorry for the panic hype attack.

That would be awesome, but you know what i'd like to see from P* as for licensed games.

Lernaean

Banned
hnnng
What is that Kanji on the screen?
Z-Z-Z-ZANDATSU?!
sorry for the panic hype attack.

That would be awesome, but you know what i'd like to see from P* as for licensed games.

That would be this, but i'm sorry, i don't have the slightest idea what's its use in this case, we need a Japanese to help here.

Btw what would you want to see from PG as for licenced games?

Ushiwaka

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY :D

Didn't Platinum say they would like to do more licensed games? Saying these stuff is dangerous :p Fans could go crazy :p

====

We need more hype for the Korra party. Here is Maximilian's video describing the game's mechanics. (I'm not sure if I posted it before, but even if I did, we need it for more HYPE so I'm posting it again :p)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vPwLCg3MTE

That Korra video is great. I love the attention to detail like when she changes bending styles, her stance is the appropriate one. I think it might be the sleeper hit of the year. Can't believe it's coming out the same week as Bayonetta 2. The end of October is going to be crazy.

Lernaean

Banned
That Korra video is great. I love the attention to detail like when she changes bending styles, her stance is the appropriate one. I think it might be the sleeper hit of the year. Can't believe it's coming out the same week as Bayonetta 2. The end of October is going to be crazy.

Agreed, agreed, agreed, and on that last part, agreed. End of October and ofc November will be way too busy.

Feindflug

OK I finally pre-ordered the First Print Edition! hopefully everything goes well. October looks like an amazing month with Bayo 2, Legend of Korra & The Evil Within coming, thank god because 2014 is a really weak year thus far for me.

Also I'm playing Anarchy Reigns on Hard the last few days and it's so fun, too bad the online modes are dead. I'd love to see Platinum expand on these ideas and make something even better in the future...well after Vanquish 2 that is. :p

Lernaean

Banned
From nortec.gr for 70e. I pre-ordered it 2 hours ago though it's not available now, hopefully everything goes well. :/

It will be fine. Safer than mine on GAME :p
Also got a Special Edition from Amazon with launch day delivery. October 24 is gonna be divine (or hellish :D).

Lernaean

Banned
MGR:R on PC will perform great on a mid-high gaming rig. There are locked settings that might annoy those with very high end rigs, and there is no texture upgrade. Also the cutscenes are rendered in 720p and display thus whatever your settings are.
But gameplay wise, you can have 1080p 60fps with AA, making it the best performing PG game, and with the addition of a setting that allows you to set a limit on how many pieces you can cut on blade mode, the game can be as smooth as your PC allows.

I felt a shiver down my spine. The following weeks, much crow will be served.

Nemmy

It's 2560x1080 lol I've seen I can play it on 21:9 thanks to this: http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/#FWSSupportedTitles

I meant what about the performance and so.

Assuming you won't have random issues some people experienced (a roughly typical case of a PC game hating certain hardware setups for some reason), the performance is stable 60 fps on a good rig and a X360-like framerate on PCs that fall below minimum requirements :p So yeah, best framerate in a PG game ever.

EDIT: Woot, 10/10 from Edge again? They seem to be really in love with Bayo!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees that LTTP Wonderful 101 thread* *sighs*
*sees people cheering that Bayonetta 2 underperformed in Japan* *siiiiighs*

Top Bottom