• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Tease a Mysterious New IP

Instro

They've been talking for a little while about making a new IP that they would own themselves. Maybe this is it.

jorgejjvr

H1o6qVR.gif
Like water

Crayon

I hope they can continue to progress. N:A is their best game imo. They aimed high and it paid off. After a collaboration like that and attempting the somewhat large scale scalebound, I can't wait to see where they go from here.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm always game for whatever they make. They don't always hit it out of the park, but more often than not it's usually fun to play.

AXE

Wuxia greatness incoming!

Go hardcore kung fu and device a system that needs as thick a manual to play as the old flying sims did.

TreIII

Especially after Kenji Saito (Revengeance, TF: Devastation, upcoming Granblue game), I'm more than ready to see who else P* may have waiting in the wings as another name to look out for. Ditto whatever game they're working on!

Sesha

"Mysterious new IP"

New being the operate word.

"BAYONETTA 3"
"GOD HAND 2"
"WONDERFUL 202"
"OKAMI 2"

Ok GAF.

Also we don't know if this is their first own IP. The article suggests that but has no proof of that other than drawing a connection between the two key notes. I'd think if they were making their first IP that they themselves owned they would get someone like Kamiya or Kenji Saito to do it, to ensure the max amount of hype and potential for success.

Wtf, this would be awesome. Susan's crazy antics with the combat and mechanics of Platinum. Look at the utterly magnificent NieR Automata, Taro and Platinum was wonderful collaboration, Suda and Platinum could b equally worthwhile.

Maybe i'm just too old for Suda's "lol random" sense of humor.

big fake

Maybe i'm just too old for Suda's "lol random" sense of humor.

Suda has the capability of very complex and sophisticated stories with dashes of charm and wit (look at Killer 7). Its clear all of his recent games are his attempt at some semblance of getting more people to play his games. He was Uber niche at one point. I hope with a hoped Platinum collaboration​ that he would get more free roam to go wild and to have better exposure from a larger studio than his.

But this all wishful thinking at this point, I would love that immensely anyway.

Salebound. You play a car salesman who travels between dealerships on his dragon.

If he was traveling cross country on a road trip in a car that transforms into a robot dragon... damn.

Ending of the game would be realizing you don't want to go through with the sale anymore, that you and your car have been through too much together, and no amount of money is enough.

Tonky

If he was traveling cross country on a road trip in a car that transforms into a robot dragon... damn.

Ending of the game would be realizing you don't want to go through with the sale anymore, that you and your car have been through too much together, and no amount of money is enough.
The car's battery dies at the end.

Top Bottom