• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Magazine details on Drive Club (some new info + Q/A)

So it's a Sony racer? You smash at 150mph and nothing happens to your car...but lighting is "spectacular"....who gives a shit!

Why you hating ?

I love Evolution Studios games, Motorstorm is my favorite racing game on PS3 and i can't wait to see what they do with the PS4. I'm planning on buying it with the PS4 at launch.

Everything about this game sounds great. Motorstorm was the best PS3 launch window title, and I'm feeling the same about DC. My most anticipated PS4 game!

It isn't open an open world racer, it's a mixture of point to point and circuit based roads and tracks.

And how about confirming support for Logitech/Thrustmaster/Fanatec wheels?

If Sony aren't letting you then something awful like PS4 not supporting them is true...

driveclub1.jpg

About the date on the clock, does the game use the system clock and are all these screens that old?

If Sony aren't letting you then something awful like PS4 not supporting them is true...

driveclub1.jpg

About the date on the clock, does the game use the system clock and are all these screens that old?

Oh shit. Nice find.

If screens from last year look that good. I said DAMN.

Sounds amazing. Thanks for compiling the info dude. My hype for DriveClub is rising!

I know, I am almost sold on picking this up at Launch. It looks like Sony is going for a very diverse genre at launch. They are making it hard NOT to buy like 3-4 games when the system releases.

For some reason, I am equally interested in Knack. I have a feeling that game is going to be an awesome experience. If anyone could get the most out of the system at launch, it would have to be Cerny, right?

Oh shit. Nice find.

If screens from last year look that good. I said DAMN.

Good call, why else would they have that date? I would assume that was when those images were taken. It wouldn't make sense to be playing the game in 2013 with your car's dash clock showing July of 2012. The OCD in me, if I were a developer, would have that fixed STAT!!!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Evo are a very solid team, and I wish them the best.

One thing I think people don't quite understand about the AI behaviour in the Motorstorm games was that the idea was that the player should have other vehicles near them at all times to heighten the sense of close-competition. This was kind of a design tentpole which I think was probably a bit problematic in the long term, but I can understand why they chose that approach.

1-D_FTW

driveclub1.jpg

I certainly wouldn't expect it at this point. Between their complete silence and the type of games they made on PS3, I think they're looking for casuals who like cars and want a technical showpiece for their new hardware. Doesn't seem they want to alienate that group by making it too realistic.

Pretty interesting news, I feel DriveClub maybe indeed huge, and would go toe to toe with other racing games like Forze or even GT, I am interested to see more.

& suddenly phosphor112 is banned, what happened !!!

Top Bottom