• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Magazine details on Drive Club (some new info + Q/A)

Razgreez

The only thing that worries me is how Evolution is enamoured with shitty ruberband AI... :/
And 30 fps.

Everything else seems ace.

Technically the AI in motorstorm isn't fully rubberband-ed. They actually drive to a set time whether they wipe out or not - which is still cheap yes (they do sometimes slow down a bit to let the player catch up though so the catchup is fully rubber banded)

I think I might need to buy this o_o

goddamnit there isn't a single game from the Feb reveal that I'm not interested in...I don't even know how I'm gonna get all the moneys :(

Putty

Colin Rogers is a friend of mine who I've known for more than 20 years, he joined Evo from Codemasters when development finished on Grid 2, which he was heavily involved with. He has hinted to me a few times about DC being a real looker and THEN some! He also mentioned Forza 5 ....8)

Afrikan

The particles comment makes me hopeful of some great weather effects...maybe we'll see at e3.

if they achieved this on the PS3...just imagine....just imagine. :eek:

of course I don't expect similar extreme weather environments, but more impressed with just how realistic certain parts look...like after the explosion and the lighting returns to overcast with lightning flashes. Just amazing.

iX1w8Gxut5fau.gif

iratA

of course I don't expect similar extreme weather environments, but more impressed with just how realistic certain parts look...like after the explosion and the lighting returns to overcast with lightning flashes. Just amazing.

Omg yes. My mind was blown the first time I played on this track in Apocalypse. I just Hope Driveclub has some sort of SP campaign to work through, all I keep hearing about is racing with friends.

this needs a special edition trilogy re-release for the PS4

Piggus

This is pretty big news if true, could see wheels go the way of the dodo on PS4.

Yeah right. No controller even comes close the experience of a good wheel no matter how accurate the gyro is. The reason wheels are appealing is because of the force feedback and realistic resistance. It a actually feels like driving and in the case of games like Gran Turismo is extremely realistic if everything is set up correctly.

I'm more hyped about this than GT! But to be fair it's because this is a PS4 game and GT6 at the moment is a PS3 only game.

Jburton

Banned
So it's a Sony racer? You smash at 150mph and nothing happens to your car...but lighting is "spectacular"....who gives a shit!

Lol, I see its been a hard day for someone (all that MS bad news) .......... it's ok just go to bed and sleep it off.

Sounds great so far, I hope to be further impressed at E3.

saladine1

They also said this elsewhere

Each car was painstakingly set up with over 13 mics before being captured on track. You'll not get anything closer to real life

Amazing sounds incoming!

-Amon-

:O

My question is will GT fans ignore this if it is not a pure driving simulator.

Difficult answer ... speaking of myself i love anything car related speaking of videogames. I like switching from sim to arcade often, my days of fundamentalism are luckily long over :)

Foshy

Yeah, sounds cool, will buy etc.

But what about wheel support? I won't shut up about this until it's official.

:O

My question is will GT fans ignore this if it is not a pure driving simulator.

I love GT. I love PGR. I love Forza Horizon. I love Outrun.

For me, as long as the handling is good then I don't mind if its a bit more arcadey. I can't stand Shift or Dirt due to the weird handling model. Worryingly, I couldn't get on with Motorstorm: Apocalypse either (whereas I loved the first two) due to the weird handling.

Shift, Dirt and MS: A all feel like you rotate the car. It's as if the cars have been vertically skewered at the centre and you twist the skewer. Really, really horrible.

As long as the handling feels right, I'm there. I'd kill for a PGR style game on the PlayStation platform. PGR is one of the rare arcadey racers where you can drive properly and feel substantial differences between cars.

Top Bottom