• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Player One Podcast - Episode 213 (11/22/10) – Pac-Man Fever

poplogo.jpg

This week! We talk about game tapes such as Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Dragon’s Lair Trilogy, Crazy Taxi, Namco Museum Megamix and The Sly Collection. Plus: Black Friday, starting a retro video game shop, game difficulty and shortest review times.
iTunes | Blog Post | MP3 Link

Player One is a podcast deserving of a weekly thread, in my opinion. I'm sure there are others that feel the same so I thought I'd make one for this weeks episode and see how it goes.

For those not familiar with the show here's a brief (outdated) summary from their website;
The Player One Podcast is a podcast about video games hosted by two ex-video game journalists — Chris Johnston (ex-Electronic Gaming Monthly News Editor and Review Crew member) and Phil Theobald (ex-GameNOW Reviews Editor). They are sometimes joined by special guests such as Greg Sewart, Greg Ford, Kevin Gifford, Ethan Einhorn, etc.

Gregs Ford and Sewart are of course also co-hosts at this point.

So, Player One Podcast: DISCUSS.

I love Player One Podcast for about a thousand reasons. They crank it out every week, somehow make it funny and entertaining every episode, are NOT just about whatever the latest thing is, and have enough diverse tastes throughout the team that more genres are represented than not.

Keep up the GREAT work guys!

And I hope this thread does resurface each week. :)

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
It's been weeks since we've heard from Milo, it has!

This show does deserve a thread though, its been one of my faves for a long time.

Also, assuming CJ might stumble upon this thread, can we get Robot Unicorn on Android, please?

eznark

Banned
stewy said:
Wow is that description outdated.
what would a sometime guest know about it?

Did you give some great ides for fixing the end-game in NASCAR? Brilliant finish yesterday that no one cared about...

stewy

eznark said:
what would a sometime guest know about it?

Did you give some great ides for fixing the end-game in NASCAR? Brilliant finish yesterday that no one cared about...

Hamlin taking himself out early took most of the drama out of the finale. And it's not like Harvick ever had a chance unless the other two wrecked.

Mechar

Neo Member
Love this show, and I approve of a weekly episode-thread. Will listen to this while I play some Oath in Felghana (which Phill is right about regarding how awesome it is!) after a late lunch.

GhaleonQ

That's it. I (or someone) will make a weekly thread, even if it consists of a mere 20 posts all saying, "I sure do enjoy this show."

eznark

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
That's it. I (or someone) will make a weekly thread, even if it consists of a mere 20 posts all saying, "I sure do enjoy this show."
Follow my preferred method of an over-arching thread and bump weekly damn it!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
GhaleonQ said:
I enjoy the show!

But then, I am frequently wrong about things.

SuperPac

stewy said:
Wow is that description outdated.

Maybe someone in this thread will write a better description and I can replace it. Or I can make time to fix up the website a little bit. But I don't know when I'll have that time to do that.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
GhaleonQ said:
It's 1 of the best recent ones!

I listened to it yesterday. I don't know if 'best' is how I would describe it. Shortest is more accurate.

SuperPac said:
Maybe someone in this thread will write a better description and I can replace it. Or I can make time to fix up the website a little bit. But I don't know when I'll have that time to do that.

Don't play Rock Band for a day and you'll have time. ;)

Balb

ICallItFutile said:
I listened to it yesterday. I don't know if 'best' is how I would describe it. Shortest is more accurate.

? It ran for over 1 hr 40m, which is pretty long for p1p.

GhaleonQ

ICallItFutile said:

SuperPac said:
Maybe someone in this thread will write a better description and I can replace it.

*copies and pastes from episode 212 thread*

"This has all of my favorite versions of the 4 IN 1 SHOW: Greg Ford's being smug, Phil's being nerdy, Chris' being exasperated, and Greg Sewart's dealing with family issues (and he gets his greatest entrance ever)."

2 birds, 1 stone.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This was my first time listening to this show. I enjoyed the discussion... I'll tune in for another week and see if I keep going from there.

Top Bottom