• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation’s 3.50 system software update out tomorrow

KyleCross

The PS4 isn't strong enough to support 1080p remote play, guys. Same reason the Share videos and streaming are capped at 720p.

Jellzy

Neo Member
As far as I know, Xbone streams gameplay to Win10 (and Oculus) in 720p60, same as PS4.

Whilst I don't have one I believe that it does 1080p/60fps via the very high streaming preset. I think it was hidden on release but has been added to the UI since.

Gumbie

The PS4 isn't strong enough to support 1080p remote play, guys. Same reason the Share videos and streaming are capped at 720p.

Lol not true. It's just a matter of them updating the remote play code to support 1080p. They updated it last year to support 60fps because it started out 30 only.

SSReborn

At some point I fully expect our profiles to mirror something like fb or instagram where we can have like a top 10 of our best gaming moments, a list of games we mainly play. Etc etc.

As for the sharing your friends stuff to the feed thingy it would be a good idea if the feed were more useful, as it is right now I feel like most people just ignore it. But maybe this'll be something that makes people pay more attention to it, something that solves itself.

BibiMaghoo

It's a shame we can only remote play to PC at 720p, but it's a small gripe for the feature showing up at last. Really there is very little in it for them so I'm grateful they did it at all.

BTA

Oh nice, this'll make chipping away at The Witness during breaks in my day a lot more feasible.

Zim

Dumb question time....

Is it possible for someone to convert this app to work with Windows 7??

I've been looking forward to this feature to play on my lunch breaks, but sadly my job will not allow any OS besides Windows 7 :(

Xbox One maxed at 720p when it first launched correct?

I would assume Sony will add 1080p later. But better than nothing. Now I can play while my wife hogs the media room TV.

Dumb question time....

Is it possible for someone to convert this app to work with Windows 7??

I've been looking forward to this feature to play on my lunch breaks, but sadly my job will not allow any OS besides Windows 7 :(

Remote play your PS4 from work? That's a great employer.

Muzicfreq

Banned
PC Remote play!
uNFxF8e.gif

Can finally play some games at my PC with my own music.

RE_Player

I'll be sure not to update my PS4 until we know full well that the update is solid. After hearing horror stories of bricked PS3's and PS4's after certain updates I rather be safe or then sorry.

firelogic

I'll be sure not to update my PS4 until we know full well that the update is solid. After hearing horror stories of bricked PS3's and PS4's after certain updates I rather be safe or then sorry.

Even if every other PS4 updates fine, yours could still be borked. Even if 99% of other PS4s are bricked, yours may not be. Waiting is fine I guess but you won't know what the update will do until you do it. The only benefit of waiting is if there's a systemic problem with the firmware update that will guarantee a bricked console for 100% of the machines in the wild, and the likelihood of that happening is as close to zero as you can get.

Play Together

This feature allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Isn't this already the case? Can't you already see what each party member is playing/doing in the party screen?

Happy to see the rest of this launching tomorrow - will use that offline mode.

Jingo

Does anyone know if the remote play on pc will work on any wifi or wired conection? Or is it ala xbox one only using the same network?

Ps vita remote play its great cause i can use it anywhere, thank you

Isn't this already the case? Can't you already see what each party member is playing/doing in the party screen?

Yeah it shows the games a person is currently in when your in a party so im not sure what they mean by that.

Yeah, this point is confusing because to my knowledge and experience it already does the described.

bombshell

It's about this new menu item "Play Together", but like you I'm not sure what new functionality it enables that is not already visible in the current party screen.

26232342745_ae4024d691_z.jpg

The Chef

More than likely yeah. I think it'll give you the option to connect over the network or internet like how it RP works on the other devices.

As long as I can play from work im happy.

Remote play mentions internet bandwidth. Is it not LAN streaming like XB1?

I imagine it will be like the Vita. You just needed to open the appropriate app on the Vita and you could play your PS4 from anywhere. Worked so well.

MrBenchmark

If remote play works like it does on PSTV i'm gonna be pissed off because it sucks on there. I want it playable and good quality like remote play on Xbox One. I can't even play patrol in destiny on remote play from PS4 to PSTV and played most of this weeks iron banner remotely on my tablet from my Xbox One wirelessly and no issues. Yet Destiny is garbage remotely HARDWIRED from my PS4 to my WIRED PSTV's. please please deliver SONY.

Kyoufu

If remote play works like it does on PSTV i'm gonna be pissed off because it sucks on there. I want it playable and good quality like remote play on Xbox One. I can't even play patrol in destiny on remote play from PS4 to PSTV and played most of this weeks iron banner remotely on my tablet from my Xbox One wirelessly and no issues. Yet Destiny is garbage remotely HARDWIRED from my PS4 to my WIRED PSTV's. please please deliver SONY.

Remote Play isn't good for games like Destiny (or just games in general tbh).

The latency is a real dealbreaker and that's a shame.

MrBenchmark

And it shouldn't be. I play KI and Destiny and other competitive Online games perfectly fine on my Windows 10 Tablet and that's over my WiFi yet my Playstation stuff is wired and can't? It's really frustrating.

Xbox one wired tablet wireless games play awesome.
PS4 wired PSTV's wired horrible and unplayable. WHY!

slash3584

Yeah at first I thought it wasn't that bad.

Then I bought a steam link and I realized how shitty is remote play.

And it shouldn't be. I play KI and Destiny and other competitive Online games perfectly fine on my Windows 10 Tablet and that's over my WiFi yet my Playstation stuff is wired and can't? It's really frustrating.

Xbox one wired tablet wireless games play awesome.
PS4 wired PSTV's wired horrible and unplayable. WHY!

Yup, Xbox One streaming works way better than my PSTV streaming at home. I even play competitive games like Titanfall and it works great. On PS4 ? forget playing anything that goes fast.

I hope this update makes things better. It's a very important feature for me as i have a baby to take care of and having my laptop close to me is more convenient than firing up my tv, turning the system on etc.

Top Bottom