• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYSTATION 3 hardware pix from CES

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sony BDP-S1.....1080p/60 output, upscales DVDs to 1080p
attachment.php

attachment.php

Suppossedly there is a game demo loop at CES too...

185492.jpg

Izzy

Banned
I'm glad they concentrated on the PSP.

The focus tonight was on the PSP's remote-viewer feature for LocationFree TV (released in v2.50 firmware), as a Sony rep proudly showed off a live television feed from his New York home here in Las Vegas—elsewhere, another rep logged-in to his Tokyo base station. In addition, Sony announced that the Connect Video download service will launch in March, allowing users to download feature length videos onto the PSP's memory stick.

Also on display at the booth are three new PSP titles: Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Daxter, and MLB, along with the new (and improved) version of Pursuit Force. We'll bring you more coverage in the following days.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I am very happy to see that little "Conceptual Design" sign. I hope they realize Spider-Man has nothing to do with the PS3.

And thanks for the login, it worked great :)

Doube D

umm, the pics are NOT "same old" They are clearly new pics of the same freaking shell. What did people expect the shell design to change? In fact, in one of the pics, the thing has a blue led on that makes it look mighty purrty :D

Mihail

Banned
So it definitely does have an internal power supply, right?

I'm starting to accept the design. I really hated it at first but I'm growing accustomed. It's still slightly awkward (like 2 differently-shaped devices were melted together) and reminiscent of a kitchen appliance, but I don't dislike it as much as I used to.

I got this when I tried to use a bugmenot.com account :(

bmn, looks like you broke one or more rules. You were banned on 08-14-05 for forever.

The ban will be automatically lifted never.

There is currently forever remaining.

After your ban time expires you will once again be able to access the forum.

Reason you were banned/suspended:
Shared accounts are not welcome on AVS Forum. Thanks you.

If you have any questions as to why you were banned, feel free to PM or email the staff once you are reinstated.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
You need to register to view that forum.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'd be interested to see if any of that footage is new. IIRC, Sony had not shown UT2007 as part of a showfloor reel like this before (only that UE3 tech demo from E3 in developer presentations).

xabre

Banned
PS3 looks like something designed in decades gone by to look futuristic, a.k.a 2001: A Space Odyssey or the original Star Wars.

EGM92

I'm not too fond of the Silver mixed with that design, the Black makes it look sexy, and man it would be an awsome combo with the PSP styling.

In those pictures, Is that a blue LED on the right hand side of the console? where the little door is with the Compact flash /MS etc? or just a blue light reflecting off from somewhere else?

mj1108

Any idea what this is??

ps3what.jpg

Looks like it would reveal an expansion slot of some kind.... to attach a HDD???

Vince

Banned
gofreak said:
It's the HDD slot (i think it slides in - it shouldn't stick out on the side, i guess?)

Yep, the 2.5" HDD goes in there and it's flush, allowing it to stand vertical.

jimbo

Banned
I wonder why they put a sign saying conceptual design. Maybe Sony is planing on changing the looks of it.

jimbo said:
I wonder why they put a sign saying conceptual design. Maybe Sony is planing on changing the looks of it.

Bingo. They will have to be flexible depending on how the heat dissipation for the chips works out. They probably want to avoid X360 situation where they lock in the case design then have to create a giant power brick because the heat dissipation was greater than expected for the inner components.

Announce it as "conceptual" or whatever and they can change the casing depending on how things work out. I call it "Operation: More vents - maybe". :lol

TigerKnee

Jesus Christ that's an ugly fucking console. I'll be sure to put a nice plant in front of it whenever I get it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TigerKnee said:
Jesus Christ that's an ugly fucking console. I'll be sure to put a nice plant in front of it whenever I get it.

Yeah, I wished it looked at least as good as your avatar :p

PS2 KID

Jill Sandwich said:
IT KNOCKS OUT THE FAT!
grillkut.jpg
Obviously OLD!

If Sony was smart the inside portion(side with the Spiderman font) would actually look like that: one big aluminum heatsink tethered by heatpipes to the CELL, RSX and whatever else needs cooling. A long cross flow fan in the back (more vents please), and vents on the bottom and side.

They may also want to look into liquid metal cooling.

Mihail said:
I'm starting to accept the design. I really hated it at first but I'm growing accustomed. It's still slightly awkward (like 2 differently-shaped devices were melted together) and reminiscent of a kitchen appliance, but I don't dislike it as much as I used to.

Like maybe a vacuum food sealer?

20286_med.jpg

Top Bottom