• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
original.jpg

LAUNCH THE SYSTEM NOW!

(there's no surviving this!)

Kibbles

I'm going to be so damn restless on the 15th while waiting for UPS to deliver that sucka. ;_;
protip: go sign up for ups mychoice on ups.com (it's free) and make sure your address is the same exact as on Amazon and then when you get the tracking number you should be able to tell them from ups page to hold the package at UPS facility and you can pick it up yourself at 8AM. At least, that's what I did with GTAV.

If you never done this before and are hesistant try it on a small purchase between now and then if possible to make sure you got everything right

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It feels like just yesterday Sony ended their conference with the DRM and price megaton.

Can't wait.

The Playstation Meeting feels like yesterday. I remember we used to wait 18 months between a console announcement and it's actual release. 9 months is nothing in comparison.

Blackage

protip: go sign up for ups mychoice on ups.com (it's free) and make sure your address is the same exact as on Amazon and then when you get the tracking number you should be able to tell them from ups page to hold the package at UPS facility and you can pick it up yourself at 8AM. At least, that's what I did with GTAV.

Problem is sometimes it takes a while for the tracker/tracking number to update properly.

Just did this and realized the amazon account I used was my girlfriends so now I have to make one under her name, and add me to her account so I can pick up the package. It was weird that ups knew shit about me when I created my account to verify my name. It knew the car and year I drove, my brothers name, and the county I was born in. How the fuck did it know this shit.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I checked UPS centers in my area. The closest ones have pickup times at 4PM, which is later than I would get it just waiting. :(

if you sign up on ups.com and add your address. you get tracking before amazon emails it to you. i get an alert on my phone and email saying something is coming.

i think he's just talking about UPS's tracking system in general is slow/laggy.

i've noticed that too. i often times have packages sitting in front of my door but they still say that the seller has notified them for pickup. almost all of my UPS stuff tracks late. don't get me wrong, i appreciate the technological wonder that is package tracking, but UPS in particular is usually slow with it. Fedex isn't much better, and USPS is either awesome or terrible. never in between.

joshlpaige

Neo Member
My only concern was that the box wouldn't fit in my immense, military back pack. Seems like I'll be on my bike with a PS4 stored on my back. Can't wait.

i think he's just talking about UPS's tracking system in general is slow/laggy.

i've noticed that too. i often times have packages sitting in front of my door but they still say that the seller has notified them for pickup. almost all of my UPS stuff tracks late. don't get me wrong, i appreciate the technological wonder that is package tracking, but UPS in particular is usually slow with it. Fedex isn't much better, and USPS is either awesome or terrible. never in between.

it's usually like 5 minute delay. at least when they've dropped off packaged for me at night. i get a text saying it was delivered shortly after.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Just did that. Maybe I will pick it up first thing after all.

sith ewok

Just a reminder:

Winners of the Taco Bell contest should be getting theirs 7 days from now.

Actually, that's the day they *ship* the winners' systems. Nothing has been said yet about how they will be shipped.

Also, that box looks awesome. (though the all-blue original PS2 box destroys all other launch boxes imho. I didn't even want a PS2 at launch and that box made me drool lol.)

The inevitable PS4 Slim is gonna be so tiny. Hell, the third edition is gonna be unthinkably compact.

But Sony does know how to make very rigid, structurally sound products. It's amazing they could it so well with the first iteration.

The PS4 slim will be a Tablet confirmed!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So exciting.

Excited most of all to hear about how good hardware is working and how reliable it is when more people start getting it before launch.

Kinda scared about the limited protection in the packaging though.. That could spell all kinds of issues.

Has anyone done this repeatedly without issue?

I'm really tempted to do this, but I'm also scared as heck that my package will somehow get lost or that they have it out for delivery all day even though I told them to hold it.

it's usually like 5 minute delay. at least when they've dropped off packaged for me at night. i get a text saying it was delivered shortly after.

yeah when it's updating on time for me, it's usually REALLY accurate. i'll check and see it says delivered as the guy is driving off the property.

im not too worried about mine though. the carriers that have my complex on their route are super nice.

yeah when it's updating on time for me, it's usually REALLY accurate. i'll check and see it says delivered as the guy is driving off the property.

im not too worried about mine though. the carriers that have my complex on their route are super nice.

is the update thing universal? i expect it to be down that day. LOL

same for my ups guy too. i ordered so much stuff from amazon they probably should just give me a free UPS locker so they don't thave to travel here lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom