• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 firmware Ver.3.0 is currently beta tested

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks very underwhelming....it's more like small tweaks then big update, pretty much like all previous updates.

cyba89

When can I remove that FIFA 14 demo that I started once out of my library? Why is that thing there forever? It's so dumb.

I actually don't download any demos because of this.

Is it 3 months? Feels like it's been six. 3.0 won't hit until September most likely, when was the last big one?

*checks wiki*
2.5 was March, so about six months between 2.5 and 3.0.
2.0 was October 2014, so about six months...
1.7 was April, so another six month gap. Well, at least 1.75 added 3D bluray, so that would be a 3 month interval there, if you count that as a major update.
1.6 was February, but that was a fairly minor bugfix update, mainly added wireless headphone support.

It's basically six months. It was a bit faster at launch with a few smaller updates like 1.6, but the big ones have been every six months since it came out. I don't think any of us are counting stability updates here.

But they do add features in between major and stability updates right? Hoping they add stuff before next spring

When can I remove that FIFA 14 demo that I started once out of my library? Why is that thing there forever? It's so dumb.

Ugh tell me about it. Have to scroll through all that crap just to find a game I have g played in a long time.

data

please Sony, let us do this. I had to make another PSN account just for demos since seeing them in my library annoys me to no end

Nesther

Nice list. Like being able to trash talk in activities, like on the vita.

The OS is already solid. As long as they keep the clutter down it's all good.

....oh and give peeps their friend on/off notifications. Everything else in these wish lists are subjective.

There's nothing subjective about wanting the cloud save storage to be fixed. As of now, the way saves are at least 10mb (most tend to be 60-100mb) and we only get 1gb, it's basically useless for most users on Gaf and anyone who buys games regularly.
Heck, its even an annoyance now because every game notifies you that your storage is full.

Xando

Looks disappointing. Sony should finally get their shit together and implement some basic features like name change or external harddrives.

Slightly off topic, but is anyone's video capture work like it did at launch?

It used to record the last x mins of game play, but now it only records from the moment share is pressed. I've looked in the settings but nothing seems to change.

Not bad. Hopefully they fix the download speed glitch. They already added my most requested stuff with DLNA and web browser saving cookies, now I just need the speed fix and I'm golden.

androvsky

But they do add features in between major and stability updates right? Hoping they add stuff before next spring

It's rare, but they can. Off the top of my head, DLNA wasn't even a firmware update, it was just an app (that should've been there when the system launched but hey). And there was 3D bluray as a mid-gap firmware update.

I'm really hoping PS1/PS2 BC is a TGS announcement, that's where it would make most sense to me (would've made more sense two years ago... sigh). But that's about when the firmware update would be too, so it should've leaked with 3.0 unless support is hidden in the firmware, but needs a wrapper app to be downloaded to actually use it (which I also kinda expect).

Uhhh... what?

Sony is hosting a month long summer sale with new game deals every week? (Not to mention weekly deals every week for PSPlus members and a steady flow of flash sales). How is this worse than whatever Best Buy is doing?

I think a $100+ discount on the console itself (plus a sweet deal on a good tv) beats game sales by nature of actually acquiring new 'customers' but its really unnecessary to argue about who has a better sale so let's just agree to disagree.

Honestly as long as PS4 is selling in current rate they have very less reason to rush their update, but yeah I wish competition will force them to spill features they are intentionally holding (just my guess but I'm pretty sure they are).

However Sony tends to put no meaning in "*.0" version so I'll just wait for updates in future. It was 2.50 when they added suspend/resume feature which seems pretty major..

Yep that's all I really want is good competition because I want my product to become better. Like I said I actually favor my ps4 so I'm glad it's doing so well but I get excited when Microsoft starts doing well because of what it might mean for Sony. Besides I win either way because I have both so it's all good.

You're right I shouldn't look too much into this since they dont reserve their big number updates like some others do.

Is it 3 months? Feels like it's been six. 3.0 won't hit until September most likely, when was the last big one?

*checks wiki*
2.5 was March, so about six months between 2.5 and 3.0.
2.0 was October 2014, so about six months...
1.7 was April, so another six month gap. Well, at least 1.75 added 3D bluray, so that would be a 3 month interval there, if you count that as a major update.
1.6 was February, but that was a fairly minor bugfix update, mainly added wireless headphone support.

It's basically six months. It was a bit faster at launch with a few smaller updates like 1.6, but the big ones have been every six months since it came out. I don't think any of us are counting stability updates here.

I hope it launches a day or two before Phantom Pain.

Kolx

If this was 2.5 it'd have been acceptable, but for a 3.0 this is a bit disappointing :/ Hope there is more than this.

LAA

...What about folders...? ;)

But yeah I seriously want folders already. Other than that, backwards compatibility (Would be great if PS3 PS+ games would work on PS4 espicially!), and just shrink the OS footprint down and give games more resources.

....oh and give peeps their friend on/off notifications. Everything else in these wish lists are subjective.
nah u buggin...folders, custom backgrounds, better notification options and sorting options are absolutely not subjective, everyone will benefit from it.

I can see u saying that about changing ID. Sorry ppl who want that but that's very user specific. Most of these customization request should be standard UI updates man. No custom background? It's 2015.

Nameless

please

just

just let me change my fucking psn id

steam lets me, xbox lets me

please

Pretty much. Eager to set things up and play I hastily went with an old unused Twitter handle for my PSN ID. I don't hate it, but would definitely get it changed.

I've lost hope
no i haven't

It sucks because when I made my account I just used my real name. I didn't realize that's what every schmuck would see when I'm playing online.

i made a pretty dumb name that attracts lots of dumb friend requests, I wanna change mine too ;_;

I'll even pay them $10 like fucking microsoft charges

TP-DK

I got Destiny Alpha, Beta and the game itself in my library. If they can remove PT then surely they can remove demos and the likes too.

Google translate.

Version 3.00 The main features that are updated in the beta

(Event) has been added to function items. From the list of events related to PlayStation, discover events, and participate, you will be able to watch.
(Friends) in (community) has been added. (Community) is a feature where you can find a player preferences and interest is close. You can create a new community, or you can join the already certain community. It can members and games and parties of the community, you will be able to discuss a common topic.
In (Most in the play), members will see a list of the party at that time a game and participants are playing, easily you can start the game from the list, you will be able to participate in the party. Also it can now be viewing request of game play screen to members. (You can get in the play) is, What's New, (Friends), and has been added to the message screen, profile of the (community), (message).
Message screen (message) has been improved. You can view the (Most in play), you can now start a party easily and members. In addition, you will be able to add your favorite group in the favorite group] of (Friends).
It is now possible to broadcast using You Tube ™.
It was able to upload a video clip to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum)

Version 3.00 Other features that are updated in the beta

Has been (Live from PlayStation) is improved. Not only broadcast, video clips, even on the screen shot I was supported.

Configuration

(Settings)> in the Accessibility> speed of automatic scrolling], we were able to change the speed of the automatic scrolling.
(Settings)> In the News], community to the item you can set the display of the announcement message, viewing request of game play, the event, the current song has been added.

Other

You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.
Is added (message) to the (stamp), it can now be even more enjoyable communication and friendship.
(PlayStation®Plus) has been added to function items. You can check the content of free play and discount PlayStation®Plus, you can now get the latest information such as deals campaign.
In the Blu-ray Disc ™ / DVD player, it now supports accessibility features. We have expanded the scope of other accessibility features.
Game of the start-up limit can now be set while watching the age information and rating icon.
Sub-account for the children and I can now be created from the [new users] of the user selection screen.
Harmful use set of services to block the display of the Web site can now be from (Settings)> [Parental Control]. (To use the service, you might separate charge is applied.)

All of this sounds great. I'm looking forward to it!

Hasney

On/off seems subjective since I wouldn't use it. So literally everything is subjective.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's not true. The last major beta (for firmware 2.50) revealed everything, including suspend, button mapping and 60fps remoteplay.
Those were the major features but 60fps remote play was not in it, Shareplay was. There were also quite a few minor customization features that weren't in until the final release.

Loakum

Banned
YOUTUBE BROADCASTING!

You Tube™をつかってブロードキャストができるようになりました。

That's a VERY HUGE deal!

Kouriozan

Please fix "Discover You can easily access your preferred power options" bug.

Please, Sony, I beg you. It's driving me crazy.

Top Bottom