• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 firmware Ver.3.0 is currently beta tested

Mihos

Gold Member
As long as there is a way for me to turn off/ignore all that social stuff, I am OK with it existing. People way over share stuff then take it personal when you don't care.

Matticers

If we get 3.0 without friend sign on and sign off notifications, I'll be wondering what the problem is. It seems like such a basic feature to have. Come on already.

When can I remove that FIFA 14 demo that I started once out of my library? Why is that thing there forever? It's so dumb.

I actually don't download any demos because of this.
I have been saying this for a while but Sony needs a Junior UI Designer on this at least that focuses on shit like this. All of the small little things that improve it overall. Even when I click on the download page. Why do I have to click one button to open it, and then mark all as read. Have L2 to remove all notifications and R2 to remove highlighted notification. Loads of examples like this, to heavily improve it.

-Horizon-

Please fix "Discover You can easily access your preferred power options" bug.

Please, Sony, I beg you. It's driving me crazy.

I don't know how but I managed to get that pop up message to disappear. The only thing I changed was to turn off all the system rest features so that the only option is to turn off the whole system.

mike4001_

Online Storage increased by 20% !

Now you have a total auf 3,6 GB of online storage (1,2 GB for each PS4/3/Vita)

just kidding

Sethista

I would rather they roll out specific sets of functionalities out little by little and make sure they work than to have them add a whole bunch of stuff at once.

The priorities seem whack tho. these social features were bottom of the barrel for most.

Dynasty8

Xbone needs a new dash though.

And it's getting one...real soon. (November for all and earlier for preview members).

PS4 on the other hand doesn't even have folders or friend notifications. This is my one and only complaint from Sony, but it's a big one.

I would rather they roll out specific sets of functionalities out little by little and make sure they work than to have them add a whole bunch of stuff at once.

The priorities seem whack tho. these social features were bottom of the barrel for most.
By most you mean gaf and other video game websites where gamers post. The social stuff is important to many.

Gamers: We want A, B, C, D, E, F, G.

Sony: We are adding Z, W, M.2, and stabilizing V.

More like:

Gamer A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Z, W, M.2, V all want different things.

They implement Z, W, M.2, and V.

Gamers A-G whine: How dare you add this crap that I personally don't care about? Don't you see I am the center of the gaming universe and what other people want is irrelevant? Cater to me! ME ME ME!

:p

On Demand

Banned
[Live from PlayStation] has been improved. Not only does it support broadcasts, it now supports video pictures and screenshots.

Does this mean uploaded pictures and videos will have their own section in LFP?

[PlayStation Plus] has been added to the main menu. Here, you can get the latest information on the Instant Game Collection and member discounts.

They're adding another thing to the game section? lol.

[Events] has been added to the main menu. From a PlayStation-related events list, you can now discover, participate, and view events.

And another. lol.

What they really need to do is let us turn off automatic trophy pics. That is so dumb we don't have a choice. When i take a screenshot i have to scroll through all the BS trophy pics to see what i captured. :/

More like:

Gamer A, B, C, D, E, F, G, Z, W, M.2, V all want different things.

They implement Z, W, M.2, and V.

Gamers A-G whine: How dare you add this crap that I personally don't care about? Don't you see I am the center of the gaming universe and what other people want is irrelevant? Cater to me! ME ME ME!

:p

I really don't agree with that. The community has been very vical about their requests for a long time now, yet Sony keeps focusing on features that have very little impact and appeal to a select few, and says nothing about the things we want. What makes matters worse is that Xbox is getting frequent updates and the community is in communication with the higher ups.

This really isn't a matter of people being disappointed that Sony isn't catering to them. It's not about entitlement. The console has been out for nearly 2 years and we still don't have many features that were present last gen or ones we've been asking for for too long. I have a hard time faulting individuals for speaking up about what they want from a company.

LAM09

If we get 3.0 without friend sign on and sign off notifications, I'll be wondering what the problem is. It seems like such a basic feature to have. Come on already.

It was shown in a video a few months ago, but I'm still in shock as to why it's not been added already.

Blanquito

You would think basic (like very basic) library sorting options would be the most important thing for a console that was advertised as a gaming machine first and foremost.

Yeah, if only the PS4 had put in basic library sorting features, like maybe around 2.0...

ZangBa

No folders no care. How have they not added folders yet? Is Sony against organization? Grace Chen Time answers that.

Kouriozan

I don't know how but I managed to get that pop up message to disappear. The only thing I changed was to turn off all the system rest features so that the only option is to turn off the whole system.

that notification only pops up for me when I turn the PS4 completely off. are you using standby?

I can get it to temporarily disappear when I turn every notifications off and then on.
But the next time I put my console in rest mode, it keeps coming back.

jrcbandit

Horribly underwhelming, YouTube and Twitter uploads only thing of any interest.

The library portion of the ui is supposed to be there to select games or apps you want to run, not be a huge list of stuff I've uninstalled and no longer own or will never download again. The most useless and most aggravating section of the UI.

thenexus6

- Notify when friends come online (Can mark friends as "favourite" so you don't get a flood of pop ups.
- Appear away, busy, offline
- Folders
- Can use your screenshots as your background theme
- Ability to "pin" certain games / apps to always stay at the top of the list
-Wishlist in PS store
- Activity log (shows you hours played for each game, app etc)
- Hide games / apps from your library (I don't need to see Destiny Alpha or Hardline Beta do I?)
- More cloud storage
- Don't show "£49.99" / "Buy now!" on a game page for a game I ALREADY own

Top Bottom