• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 Slim |OT| Svelte, Efficient, and now, with less Optical flair

Has anyone been able to get the HDR enabled games to work in HDR (such as Infamous SS and Last of us remastered) on the slim (or any ps4 other than the PRO) as I have a HDR TV (Xbox one s works fine with hdr games) but these games wont work in HDR on the ps4.

I also cant seem to find a definitive answer online if that the older pre Pro PS4s can actually play games in HDR. Anyone know?

Do you have a PSVR hooked up? The PSVR breakout box won't pass through an HDR signal.

If not, what make/model TV do you have?

Transfering data, 585.5GB from old PS4 to my new PS4 slim. Have them both connected to my modem via Ethernet, but it says it's going to take 16hrs. Doing roughly 20MB/s. Is this normal?

Trace

Banned
Transfering data, 585.5GB from old PS4 to my new PS4 slim. Have them both connected to my modem via Ethernet, but it says it's going to take 16hrs. Doing roughly 20MB/s. Is this normal?

Why are you going through your modem? Just connect them directly.

Why are you going through your modem? Just connect them directly.

It says on the official PlayStation guide that there's no difference. It's too late now, I don't want to interrupt it, think I'll just stick through with it, only 13hrs now!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/09/how-to-transfer-your-data-from-ps4-to-ps4-pro/

4. Connect both consoles with a LAN cable

Next, connect the two PS4s together with a LAN cable, into their respective LAN ports on the back of the console.

Alternatively, you can connect each PS4 to your router, using two LAN cables. The transfer process will be exactly the same.

Well I tried to connect them both directly, having one connected to my router via wifi for a connection but it said they have to be both connected to the router through Ethernet.

So I stopped the transfer for nothing.

Top Bottom