• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bro if you put them all on ignore they have no one to argue with, problem solved. I have like 100 Schills on ignore right now 😂 just do it.

That veteran guy really throwing shit around as facts, it boggles me that stating an extreme insider claim like HFW coming to PC goes unnoticed by the mod team. Seems like a fun guy to work with.

That veteran guy really throwing shit around as facts, it boggles me that stating an extreme insider claim like HFW coming to PC goes unnoticed by the mod team. Seems like a fun guy to work with.

That's just not going to PC for years, that's total BS. NXGamer and MLID were saying the other day how PS5 exclusives would need such absurd specs on PC right now (HUGE amounts of memory let alone NVMe SSDs that don't really exist yet on the consumer side) that it rules out any cross compatibility Xbox-style with PC in the near term.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That's just not going to PC for years, that's total BS. NXGamer and MLID were saying the other day how PS5 exclusives would need such absurd specs on PC right now (HUGE amounts of memory let alone NVMe SSDs that don't really exist yet on the consumer side) that it rules out any cross compatibility Xbox-style with PC in the near term.

The educated people around here know that, but that veteran in movies, gaming-expert-wannabe doesn't understand that.

Last edited:
HUGE amounts of memory let alone NVMe SSDs that don't really exist yet on the consumer side

Like the recommended requirements for Microsofts flight simulator. Not only does it recommend that you use an SSD it also recommends 32GBs of ram.

I think PS5 exclusives will be possible on PC but it's going to take a while before your average consumer is able to play them.

Rea

Let me share some of my photos, i don't have photography skill but i tried my best shots. Freaking addicted to the photo mode. :lollipop_grinning::goog_biggrin:
TSzpdX7.jpg

JmpqcEc.jpg

6Hh09w9.jpg

3VnB8Dv.jpg

ffo0uD1.jpg

The thing that annoys me about what happened in there was the arguing about PC specifications vs consoles.

PC will always be more powerful than the console systems. It has always been that way and forever shall be so.

That shouldn't be a reason to come in all preachy about it. People are excited because this is the first time that consoles have really stepped up their power levels that I can remember.

So they may not stand up to a 2080ti or 30xx+ GPU. Of course not. But I, like many, do not have $700+ to put into a GPU, $300+ for a CPU, etc.

Yes, you can build a PC and save money here and there. But if you're, as I call it, "future-proofing", you're looking at some seriously big money.

Even then, I feel the adage I believed in rings true, which is even if you spent ABSOLUTE top dollar, PC tech advancements would obsolete your equipment in a year's time.

PS5 may not have the raw TF number, but it definitely has far more secrets and customized features than we've officially heard about.

If it didn't, you'd see a lot more real devs talking about the significant "performance gap"(looking at raw specs), which they don't seem to say that really exists. Most devs seem very happy with Sony's machine.

McHuj

It's not just the raw speeds that will be a problem for the PC. The whole architecture of the PS5 is designed around off loading the CPU from having to do work moving data (same will be true for the OS). Yes, the bandwidth is very high, but I think the other improvements (like the hardware coprocessors and latency reduction) are as important. They're hard to quantify as there really isn't a raw bandwidth like number that comes with them and is easy to market.

Nickolaidas

Just block them and move on is the best way to deal with them.
FTFY.

I mean, yeah I take jabs on VFX (even though I know he has me on Ignore), but I never reported anyone I disagreed with, or simply disliked.

The only people I report are those who post vulgar images because kids also browse social media.

FTFY.

I mean, yeah I take jabs on VFX (even though I know he has me on Ignore), but I never reported anyone I disagreed with, or simply disliked.

The only people I report are those who post vulgar images because kids also browse social media.

I'm thinking about putting him on ignore since I find him really suspicious. Like when he conveniently has a source for everything. I know he's an insider and probably has connections in the industry but does he really have a source everywhere?

It's not just the raw speeds that will be a problem for the PC. The whole architecture of the PS5 is designed around off loading the CPU from having to do work moving data (same will be true for the OS). Yes, the bandwidth is very high, but I think the other improvements (like the hardware coprocessors and latency reduction) are as important. They're hard to quantify as there really isn't a raw bandwidth like number that comes with them and is easy to market.

PS5's decompression also is equivalent to nine Zen2 cores. PC doesn't have anything like that either. The CPU will have to decompress

Nickolaidas

I'm thinking about putting him on ignore since I find him really suspicious. Like when he conveniently has a source for everything. I know he's an insider and probably has connections in the industry but does he really have a source everywhere?
Doesn't matter how much insider info he has when most of the stuff he says are flat out wrong or so vague they could be interpreted as virtually everything. The only thing he was correct on was Horizon on PC, and I'm not 100% sure but that was leaked before he leaked it.

At any rate, I'm done talking about that clown. The mere mention of his name derails everything.

On topic, I really hope we'll hear a date announcement for the next State of Play in the following days. I need my PS5 fix, and I need it bad.

sircaw

Banned
Congrats on everyone who went off topic and childish on the other thread :messenger_confounded:

Good thing we have real grown ups like me, HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 , Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem and MasterCornholio MasterCornholio to keep the discussion on a higher standard :messenger_relieved:

don't worry I am here, to add Creedence and legitimacy to this thread. :messenger_beaming:

Start firing in the technical questions, I am err ready to answer them. :messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Pretty much disappointed to see the thread closed for two days.

Pretty much mission accomplished by the usual suspects. That tread is a bane to their existence.

I am slightly sad to see the mods getting conned by the likes of Eastwood and co, but it is, what it is.
We're just as much guilty as they are.

They can spew all the crap they like, it's our damn fault for accommodating them and giving them our time.

Doesn't matter how much insider info he has when most of the stuff he says are flat out wrong or so vague they could be interpreted as virtually everything. The only thing he was correct on was Horizon on PC, and I'm not 100% sure but that was leaked before he leaked it.

At any rate, I'm done talking about that clown. The mere mention of his name derails everything.

On topic, I really hope we'll hear a date announcement for the next State of Play in the following days. I need my PS5 fix, and I need it bad.

I can understand that even the best insiders can be wrong. But what I don't like is his attitude when it comes to giving us information.

HawarMiran

Banned
I hated the fox shrines in GoT because I felt an urge to fucking pet every fox afterwards and if I didn't I felt guilty. So I ended up petting every fox (sometimes they weren't there to be petted afterwards and it made me happy :) ). Cause I hated watching that stupid animation that played out every goddamn time.

Neo Blaster

So now that the Next-Gen chat has been locked ......

Been thinking about what Sony May still have to show us. This is what I came up with:

General
- UI features - create, activities, suspend/resume, etc
- backwards compatibility details
- VR improvements
- PS Now, PS Plus changes/enhancements
- PS Store changes

First Party
- next-gen upgrades of first party games
- Naughty Dog: Factions multi-player, TLOU2 expansion, tease of next big project
- Santa Monica: God of War 2
- San Diego: MLB The Show 21, a collaborative project?
- “Secret“ San Diego Studio: Uncharted?
- Guerrilla: first person shooter
- PixelOpus: next project
- Japan Studios: Kouno project (RaySpace?), Toyama project (Silent Hill?), Iijima project (Knack 3?)
- Mark Cerny project (Jak? Ape Escape?)
- Bend Studios: next project
- Media Molecule: next project
- London Studios next project

Third Party
- Arrowhead Games: Testament
- Wild Sheep: Wild
If SMM is going to be a launch title(would be really dumb for it not to be), then they must show gameplay snippets soon. I think Sony showed at least two gameplay demos of Marvel's Spiderman in events before release, they could begin in the rumoured State of Play.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Saw this mentioned on Reddit.
Channel was updated yesterday but no new videos have surfaced yet but may be set to private in advance of the upcoming state of play.

8VGob54.jpg

I don't know much about YouTube logistics, what does that update mean? Another video included in the playlist but private at the moment?

Edit: sorry, didn't read below.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Well its your own fault.

Eastwood baiting everyone and arguing about ps5 graphics, only had PC versions of Halo and Flight sim as back up and still managed to hook every poster.

VFX veteran likes to argue about PC superiority over puny consoles based on his CGI offline background and has no background in gaming. NOT relevenat to a console next gen speculation thread he will change the discussion every time to DLSS 2.0 and CGI renders, but everybody argued with him again and could not help themselves.

Its like ground hog day.

Put those 2 on ignore and done as they just keep repeating the same stuff. If you reply, you are the problem.
Agreed, ignore function is useless if everyone else keep feeding the trolls.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

I agree actually. It seems to me that after that MS show we basically had seen what both sides are offering and are capable of in the next year or so. The final speculation was whether MS could do better than the May show - we got our answer.

Still if either Sony or MS screw up again the whole forum will be infected instead of just one thread. If the mods don’t mind it’s fine with me but I don’t think this is the end of the story. Troll threads incoming....
At least this one is a safe port, there's no excuse for mods to let trolls roam freely here.

GRIEVEZ

Thats imo one of the strengths of PS5, it doesnt have to have parity with PC hardware. Also not working with windows and building an OS from scratch, specific to gaming - probably has its advantages (Less bloat.

Btw I think this thread is much better suited, for discussions regarding PS5 😺

Anyways what kind of Features are you guys hoping to be included for the next OS? Here are a few of mine:

- A mixer for PSN party
- Wishlist for PS store
- Let me gift games/dlc's
- A complete overhaul of Communities (Filters, Members hierarchy, Topics, Integration with events, Search functionality, moderation tools, some form of visual customization, etc)
- Enable me to delete games in my trophy list (this annoys me...)
- Customizable stream overlay and added functionality (widget like modules)
- Allow us to play music over stream, perhaps Spotify could add a different subscription model to allow this
- Tag functionality for recorded gameplay/screenshots
- A more streamlined way to upload user generated content to other platforms
- More stats for games and the ability to turn it off / hide from other players

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Well i told you guys to stop reporting. They said Xbox guys had more reports so imagine if we didn't report at all. They would be the ones banned for mass reporting and being snowflakes.

That said, it's clear vfxveteran is a crazy dude and needs to be put in ignore by literally everyone. He's a pathological liar making up sources on the fly. You guys are right, he just craves attention and will make ridiculous claims like horizon pc looking like horizon 2 and gow not having seamless transitions. I thought he would get banned after i exposed him making up sources but i guess not. Time to ignore him and move on. If everyone has him in ignore he can't derail threads.

As for the Xbox guys, just leave them be and stop reporting them. Ther are just fanboys, not sociopaths like vfxveteran.

Top Bottom