• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 [OT] Taking Over The World One SSD At A Time

Neo Blaster

Also SlimySnake SlimySnake did say they could just lock it.

1Azo.gif
Funny, cause he was one who was feeding the trolls a lot

Last edited:

cragarmi

I'm not putting anyone on ignore, I'm going to ignore the old fashioned way.

Exactly, if you dont want to respond to someone, or rise to the bait then don't. To be honest I don't really care what other people think about my opinions that I post on a forum in a small corner of the internet. And if my formative years on this planet have taught me anything it is when to keep schtum. Silence can be a powerful tool. Some of you should try it! 😆

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
yesterday was the hottest day of the year, started playing uncharted 4 and I have never heard my ps4 pro sound like that before. turned console after 10 minutes, not taking any chances.

Neo Blaster

I ignore a few, but I really enjoy reading FUD for some reason. Keeps me sharp
I used to put a lot of people on ignore, but to be fair, I brought them back. It's not a discussion if I just keep ignoring people when I don't like what they say, unless they are trolls derailing and flooding, like those two yesterday.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Btw Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78

you quoted me some rap artist the other day, I never ever heard of him so I looked him up. God damn, to hardcore for me.

The only gangster stuff or name I remember from way back in the day was from a guy called Coolio, with Gangster paradise.

ANd I only liked that song cos I had a crush on Michelle Pfeiffer, fs i is old, cry. "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
yesterday was the hottest day of the year, started playing uncharted 4 and I have never heard my ps4 pro sound like that before. turned console after 10 minutes, not taking any chances.
Just open it up, clean out the heatsink and reapply thermal paste. My ps4 pro was just as bad as yours, fixed it over a month ago and its been silent since.

It will take an hour max. It's just two different types of screws. Make sure you have the right T8 security screw and everything else should be a breeze.

sircaw

Banned
Just open it up, clean out the heatsink and reapply thermal paste. My ps4 pro was just as bad as yours, fixed it over a month ago and its been silent since.

It will take an hour max. It's just two different types of screws. Make sure you have the right T8 security screw and everything else should be a breeze.

the problem is, I did open it up about a month ago, it was basically spotless inside after two years use, the only issue I have was getting the plastic covers of, almost ripped my bloody fingers off. Either that or I am very weak. Fingers hurt for days after that too.

maybe I should look into the thermal parte thing but sol close to ps5, maybe I let it slide, I plan on giving it to my brother, he can fix it.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Btw Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78

you quoted me some rap artist the other day, I never ever heard of him so I looked him up. God damn, to hardcore for me.

The only gangster stuff or name I remember from way back in the day was from a guy called Coolio, with Gangster paradise.

ANd I only liked that song cos I had a crush on Michelle Pfeiffer, fs i is old, cry. "lollipop_disappointed:
Yeah Fivio Foreign tht NYC drill music, that and Pop Smoke what is popping the most right now. Coolio 😂😂😂 Coolio had one or two songs but not my style.

cragarmi

So what do we think of the chances of PS5 combining a primitive form of DLSS using ML, with their Checkerboarding solution from PS4 pro? Would that give similar results to DLSS 2.0 alone ? Or would it be too costly in frametime ?

It's not just the raw speeds that will be a problem for the PC. The whole architecture of the PS5 is designed around off loading the CPU from having to do work moving data (same will be true for the OS). Yes, the bandwidth is very high, but I think the other improvements (like the hardware coprocessors and latency reduction) are as important. They're hard to quantify as there really isn't a raw bandwidth like number that comes with them and is easy to market.

Yep, the PS5 is designed so that a lot of tasks that a PC would use it's CPU to do are offloaded (like the I/O helping maintain the 5gb/s SSD speed). On PC you'd have to use the CPU to match that, which would take a big chunk of processing power away. That's why it's recommended to get 12-core CPUs if you want to buy now and sit on your PC through this gen.

So what do we think of the chances of PS5 combining a primitive form of DLSS using ML, with their Checkerboarding solution from PS4 pro? Would that give similar results to DLSS 2.0 alone ? Or would it be too costly in frametime ?

I'm definitely leaning on just Sony giving us a better version of checkerboarding. And similar to the Pro I think there's hardware for it in the PS5.

Neo Blaster

Thats imo one of the strengths of PS5, it doesnt have to have parity with PC hardware. Also not working with windows and building an OS from scratch, specific to gaming - probably has its advantages (Less bloat.

Btw I think this thread is much better suited, for discussions regarding PS5 😺

Anyways what kind of Features are you guys hoping to be included for the next OS? Here are a few of mine:

- A mixer for PSN party
- Wishlist for PS store
- Let me gift games/dlc's
- A complete overhaul of Communities (Filters, Members hierarchy, Topics, Integration with events, Search functionality, moderation tools, some form of visual customization, etc)
- Enable me to delete games in my trophy list (this annoys me...)
- Customizable stream overlay and added functionality (widget like modules)
- Allow us to play music over stream, perhaps Spotify could add a different subscription model to allow this
- Tag functionality for recorded gameplay/screenshots
- A more streamlined way to upload user generated content to other platforms
- More stats for games and the ability to turn it off / hide from other players
- Let me change account region, my PS history is in my US account since PS3(there was no Brazilian PSN at the beginning), but exchange rates make games too expensive. I hate having to use a separate Brazilian account just to buy games, I prefer to have everything in one place(PSN, PS+, PS Store, PS Now)

- Bring PS Now officially to Brazil

- Offer a PS+/Now merge service

Gamernyc78

Banned

Sony never lags behind they will have their own form of tht feature as good or better. It happens everytime just like they had their dx12 equivalent.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
the problem is, I did open it up about a month ago, it was basically spotless inside after two years use, the only issue I have was getting the plastic covers of, almost ripped my bloody fingers off. Either that or I am very weak. Fingers hurt for days after that too.

maybe I should look into the thermal parte thing but sol close to ps5, maybe I let it slide, I plan on giving it to my brother, he can fix it.
You have to open it up all the way. The issue is that the thermal paste dries out. The chip had a whole side without any thermal page whatsoever. My heatsink had a giant blob of dust too.

And yes, i lost two fingers to that bitch.

Neo Blaster

Yep, the PS5 is designed so that a lot of tasks that a PC would use it's CPU to do are offloaded (like the I/O helping maintain the 5gb/s SSD speed). On PC you'd have to use the CPU to match that, which would take a big chunk of processing power away. That's why it's recommended to get 12-core CPUs if you want to buy now and sit on your PC through this gen.
This, and once you don't have the same storage speed, a much bigger amount of data must be parked on RAM/VRAM, hence a much bigger memory requirement.

Imtjnotu

My ps4 pro was BEGGING for the sweet release of death while playing Ghost. Shit was STRESSED.
I knew it was time to stop using the Ole pro when my girlfriend said she could hear it from the living room with the bedroom door closed.

I stopped using my platinum headset cause I could hear the pro over them.

During rocket league I have to use my 1000mx3's just for noise canceling 😂😂😂

Well i told you guys to stop reporting. They said Xbox guys had more reports so imagine if we didn't report at all. They would be the ones banned for mass reporting and being snowflakes.

That said, it's clear vfxveteran is a crazy dude and needs to be put in ignore by literally everyone. He's a pathological liar making up sources on the fly. You guys are right, he just craves attention and will make ridiculous claims like horizon pc looking like horizon 2 and gow not having seamless transitions. I thought he would get banned after i exposed him making up sources but i guess not. Time to ignore him and move on. If everyone has him in ignore he can't derail threads.

As for the Xbox guys, just leave them be and stop reporting them. Ther are just fanboys, not sociopaths like vfxveteran.

Vfxveteran, as a typical fanatic PC fanboy, was claiming that consoles would be way more underpowered than the official specs. He Said there was no way Xbox one series X would be 12tf as an example.

But the pinacle of his own lunacy was when we had a fake rumours of nextgen consoles when he automatically got a call from someone in the industry confirming to him that there would be a ps5 pro after 2 years of ps5 release that would still have lower specs than Xbox séries X. And the craziest thing of all is that there are still people giving him credits as legit. These people are probably PC fanboys like him who dream about all PS exclusives comming to PC so they feel the need to give him credits to keep their Hope Going.

Last edited:

cragarmi

I'm definitely leaning on just Sony giving us a better version of checkerboarding. And similar to the Pro I think there's hardware for it in the PS5.
To be honest I was pretty impressed with the solution used by the Decima engine. It cleaned up the imagine nicely. But tbh my TV is only 40 inches so I suppose imagine clarity is going to be worse for those with larger screens

Am I the only one who's been re-watching the PS5 event in it's entirety, the hardware reveal trailer, the youtuber reactions every day since june 11th? I am obsessed about the PS5 just as I was with every single PS before it. Can't wait to hear more new exciting info about it and hopefully get my hands on it day one. Who's here with me? :)

I knew it was time to stop using the Ole pro when my girlfriend said she could hear it from the living room with the bedroom door closed.

I stopped using my platinum headset cause I could hear the pro over them.

During rocket league I have to use my 1000mx3's just for noise canceling 😂😂😂

lol come on, it's clearly time for a DIY cleaning and some thermal paste :D

your gf will appreciate it and normally that improves not only the ps4 performance but also the bj services provided (both quantity & quality wise) :messenger_sunglasses:

J_Gamer.exe

If the upscaling mechanism makes it look almost as good (to a level where I have to oom 400% to see the difference), then I wont mind what internal resolution its running at. But if its a blurry mess where I can notice the difference between it an native easily, then I would rather have 4K native.
Its already not needed. You have already seen modern lastest temporal techniques on pixel sized triangles so who cares ?

If you think the above can be improved upon.....I dont know what to tell you.

The best question is has Ps5 put in any silicon to help performance of latest temporal techniques we have seen from Insomniac and EPIC

Yes wasn't their temporal injection imperceptible to native 4k by digital foundry.

Therefore if thats the case its 1440p all day and use that performance for way higher visuals for me.

If its via some hardware great for PS5 if its just an upgrade of their last implementation then great again.

Yes wasn't their temporal injection imperceptible to native 4k by digital foundry.

Therefore if thats the case its 1440p all day and use that performance for way higher visuals for me.

If its via some hardware great for PS5 if its just an upgrade of their last implementation then great again.

I would definitely say 1440p is the way to go, especially at the distance people sit from their tv sets.

Also just bought a new Samsung G7 monitor (1440p @ 240Hz) which I would be more than happy to o use for some more competitive gaming sessions :)

cragarmi

What if HFW is already using a similar technique and DF mistook it for full 4k? It will be interesting to see how close their predictions are when you can no longer tell by 600% zooms, hopefully it should take them emphasis off resolution

Imtjnotu

lol come on, it's clearly time for a DIY cleaning and some thermal paste :D

your gf will appreciate it and normally that improves not only the ps4 performance but also the bj services provided (both quantity & quality wise) :messenger_sunglasses:
I re did the thermal pads and paste last November. Worked for a little while. Now it's in permanent afterburner mode

I re did the thermal pads and paste last November. Worked for a little while. Now it's in permanent afterburner mode
Man that's weird... assuming you're not keeping it in a closed place or filled with dust, it must be pulling way too much power.

Does it happen in every game or just some select ones?

J_Gamer.exe

What if HFW is already using a similar technique and DF mistook it for full 4k? It will be interesting to see how close their predictions are when you can no longer tell by 600% zooms, hopefully it should take them emphasis off resolution

Dont think horizon will be, I think UE5 was maybe also a reason it was hard to notice or maybe am talking out my rear?

Imtjnotu

Man that's weird... assuming you're not keeping it in a closed place or filled with dust, it must be pulling way too much power.

Does it happen in every game or just some select ones?
Select games that pretty much align with everyone else's issues.

Cod warzone. The last of us 2. Rocket league. God of War. I don't mind waiting a few more month's for the ps5 to play or finish the games tho.

Top Bottom