• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5: Scalping Descends Into Violent Levels

Hahaha. I am sorry but I kind of find this funny and insane. It's a fucking video game console, learn to be patient and get over it and just play it when you can. I managed to snag 2 PS5s for launch.

One for me and for a family member and only reason I was able to do so was because I stayed up till 4 AM spamming Best Buy pre orders when they went up. If people truly want something bad, then they need to be smart about instead of hoping to win a lottery here.

Last edited:
sounds like it wasn't scalpers though? doesn't seem like they even had a PS5. they knew people are desperate to get a PS5 (not sure why) and are willing to drop hundreds of €/$/£ so that makes them a target of mugging.

not defending the assholes who done this but can we at least try get the story right?

Hahaha. I am sorry but I kind of find this funny and insane. It's a fucking video game console, learn to be patient and get over it and just play it when you can. I managed to snag 2 PS5s for launch.

One for me and for a family member and only reason I was able to do so was because I stayed up till 4 AM spamming Best Buy pre orders when they went up. If people truly want something bad, then they need to be smart about instead of hoping to win a lottery here.
right? i get this is a video game enthusiast site but c'mon! if you really really really wanted a PS5 you could've pre ordered when they went up. shit, i had no idea pre orders went live and just went onto Amazon and got a PS5 and XSX without breaking a sweat. ultimately cancelled them both cause felt like i was wasting my money.

there's just not enough games out right now on either console that would justify this desperation. it's just kids who want the latest new shiny toy so they can brag. have some patience. by the time i can get a PS5 there will be games out to play on it and i might even get it cheaper lol.

Last edited:
sounds like it wasn't scalpers though? doesn't seem like they even had a PS5. they knew people are desperate to get a PS5 (not sure why) and are willing to drop hundreds of €/$/£ so that makes them a target of mugging.

not defending the assholes who done this but can we at least try get the story right?

right? i get this is a video game enthusiast site but c'mon! if you really really really wanted a PS5 you could've pre ordered when they went up. shit, i had no idea pre orders went live and just went onto Amazon and got a PS5 and XSX without breaking a sweat. ultimately cancelled them both cause felt like i was wasting my money.

there's just not enough games out right now on either console that would justify this desperation. it's just kids who want the latest new shiny toy so they can brag. have some patience. by the time i can get a PS5 there will be games out to play on it and i might even get it cheaper lol.
A price drop is several years away.

hRSVHCh.jpg

The best way for retailers to combat online scalpers is to do what GameStop is doing: sell the console only in bundles.

Jokes aside In Boogie’s defense he did tell that asshole not to come to his house considering he was constantly harassing him.
He should have shot the malignant cunt in the groin and I'm serious. How is this Chad King or whatever its name is not dead or given permanent life changing features.

Last edited:

Codes 208

He should have shot the malignant cunt in the groin and I'm serious. How is this Chad King or whatever its name is not dead or given permanent life changing features.
What I don’t understand is why is he going around harassing people but Boogie is the one who’s serving jail time

Top Bottom