• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Hoo-doo

Banned
So what's the latest on getting in the beta? Is it still at random or can you sign up somewhere?

Dying to try it out for myself.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well they got like 2 1/2 months to fix them.

I really hate how buggy is the item picking.

Yeah, I tried to picked up but I can't for some reason. Also I would like to see if we can adjust controller setting in retail game.

I would love to set up R1 - Super Attack and R2 - Dodge/Block; L1- Item and L2 - Taunt.

Leezard

Question to those who have played:
Can you choose what level super to use? What sparks the question is one of the first trailers, in which you could see Parappa use a level 1 super while having 2 charges ready.

Gorillaz

So far so good for me right now.

Music dies off/doesn't play on character select(don't know if it was suppose to be music or no music)

Gameplay wise, I feel Radec needs a move that allows him to jump up a little higher then just the jump button. Maybe im missing it but he needs something that will give him just a little boost.

libregkd

Question to those who have played:
Can you choose what level super to use? What sparks the question is one of the first trailers, in which you could see Parappa use a level 1 super while having 2 charges ready.
As far as I know you cannot. Once your meter reaches either level 2 or 3, you are commited to perform that level of Super.

btkadams

Played 4 matches so far. All we're perfect but one. In that match, there were random bodies frozen, independent of the people playing the game. That's the only bug I've noticed so far.

Jaroof

On a separate note, I love how Fat Princess's butt stomp can go through platforms. Just like if you were falling normally you hold down to go through the platforms and don't hold down to land. So you get to choose where the butt stomp lands. Its really details like that which make me appreciate the attention to detail in the gameplay that Superbot puts into this game.

I also noticed this. And this goes for any character, apparently.
I was able to do it with Sweet Tooth's stomp, too.

btkadams

I just attempted to get into 5 games in a row and it timed out. I'm going to go to sleep, but I can't wait to play some more tomorrow! I still haven't played as Radec or Sly. Fat Princess is my favorite (by far) so far.

What I'm feeling right now is a seething concoction of jealously and rage: it feels like everyone's got a code except me. I'm wondering if it's because I'm in the UK and not North America or something.

Just found out - lvl 3 specials stop the timer all together. The announcer was counting down, Said 1, a sweet tooth did their lvl 3 got like 6 kills and after it was all done the match ended.

Got a PM from Clockw0rk during the night. Do i have to provide the info for my US account, or is it ok if i reply with info for my main (UK) account?

Donos

I still have hope, Ploid 3.0 was one place before me in the list and he got a code. When i don't get one, it's okay. I can wait for the PSN+ version in August. And i think the man has better business to do than send pm's and codes all day and night.

Wow, I've been busy this week and have been away from this thread for a few days so I had no idea there's a beta going on. Checked my mail but didn't see an invite so I guess I'm out :(
Is it US only or did the EU also get invites?

Thoraxes

Can't wait to get hands-on eventually ;_;

Hopefully they'll open it up to both systems too. Would love it if they would like people to test transfarring or something, *cough cough*.

MMaRsu

Banned
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

There's a beta?

Can you still get in?

OMG

I'm a huge Smash Bros fan, but i've been a bit on the sidelines for this game as I wanted to buy it if the online was good. But now I'm hearing stuff about a beta is making me really want to check this game out and test to see if it holds up. I'll do an extensive write up if I would get in ^^.

There are people who posted less than 10 times, yet still got the code. Anyway, I'd love to update the OP but not many people seem to read it, even though it was very to the point and wasn't a long-winded spergfest.

Nope, but to be fair I made less than 100 posts. There are people who've posted double, triple who should get first preference ;)

I thought you had way more than that. I'm the top 13th poster in the discussion thread and I've got nada. I'm thinking it's a regional thing.

There are people who posted less than 10 times, yet still got the code. Anyway, I'd love to update the OP but not many people seem to read it, even though it was very to the point and wasn't a long-winded spergfest.

I honestly loved the OT and found it very straight to the point. However, I'd love to see it expanded on with possibly more helpful information.

Desmond

I thought you had way more than that. I'm the top 13th poster in the discussion thread and I've got nada. I'm thinking it's a regional thing.
Must be regional then.

I do have a US account if needs be.

SSReborn

On the throw mechanics just how much ap does it drain. Is it possible to combo into one?

I believe that there are 3 throws one throws the opponent forward, there is one that will ground your opponent, and one that throws them up into the air(this is the one you can combo off of)

Oh I also think that they each take out a different levels of AP depending on which one you use.

nitrowolf2

Neo Member
On behalf of Sony and SuperBot, I wanted to thank everyone who is actively participating in the beta! Sony really came through with providing us the resources needed to get this going, and they're just as excited as we are to finally get the game into people's hands. I apologize for not being able to hand out codes to everyone, but I hope the people who are getting a chance to play are having a good time testing the game online.

(Speaking of which, I may have some more codes to give out tonight here on GAF, as well as some unclaimed ones. Keep your eyes peeled O___O)

Please keep in mind that this is just a small sample of what to expect from the finished product, and the main purpose of the beta is to test online capabilities. We're glad to hear people are having a good time and we are thrilled to have so much thoughtful feedback. If you think the game is sick now, just wait until October 23rd!

Clock

gah went to sleep, hope they aren't all gone

I'm surprised you didn't get a code your definitely someone I see as a regular. Were you online a fair amount yesterday while he was giving them away?

A fair bit, yeah. I even directly addressed him (begged) while folks were getting codes, so it wasn't like I was out of sight. I dunno, maybe I just spoke too much shit about that sacred cow Jennifer Tate and it angered Superbot.

Ran rp

Go to sleep for a few hours.

Wake up to PM from Clockw0rk!! :D

Thanks so much!

Edit: Downloading now! Thanks again, Clock!

Top Bottom