• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Ploid 3.0

After a point everything just clicks with you and you feel like you have the ability to control the chaos or use it to your advantage. Like when I see that people are in a ball I lay low for a few seconds like a Lioness ready to pounce with my level one to try to get them all. Also Block and Roll, use it. I still haven't used grab, I never used level 3 but I understand it's usefulness, when you can't seem to get a opening for 2 or more kills with one level 1 or 2.

I hope they fix the OP power parappa has...nobody should be able to build their meter at will.

You mean the boombox? It's not as easy as it seem. Though I do place it in corners so the wall will catch one side, or put it somewhere then get back so I can grab some. The orbs shoot far away, it's good for distraction since people expect the orbs to fall to the ground near the box.

Loudninja

Clockwork sent another PM not a email. Not sure if that was standard or what. It's probably random on if he sends PM or Email with the code.

Ooh I'd really like it to be on PSN for release. I'd rather have it on my HDD ready to go with marvel parked in the disk drive. I'd actually rather have as many games as possible on PSN for download.
The vita version of course will have a digital version.

I'm really hoping that some extra beta codes are sent out by someone in the community. I'm pretty desperate to play this beta and I would be honestly half tempted to get a month of Hong Kong PS+ if it wasn't for the rumor of us possibly getting beta access in NA PS+

Tratorn

So, is it still possible to get a code?
Since the OP said we stopped with the "code begging"-list I didn't ask for one, but it seems many are still getting one?

So... I would really like one too. :)

People post their PSN info, but they don't even list their country. I don't like chasing people for their information because I'm busy enough as it is with the second part of the OP, they should have the common courtesy to follow some simple rules. I'm not asking them to cure cancer.

Gaf name / PSN ID / Country

It's that easy, yet I see shit like

gaf bobthejunkie: junkbob

The reason I bolded it is so that there's little chance I glance past it while browsing the thread.

This is the last time I bring it up. If I get PMed and that person still fucked up on the layout, then I won't add you period.

Ryce

Wow, I'm terrible. It's a fun game, though, but I can't help but feel that 1v1 is going to be much better. I can't keep track of anything with so much going on at once.

I think it's because they want to keep this beta on a smaller scale so that they can iron our any problems with the online servers.

wouldn't a bigger scale allow them to actually see potential problems for when the game releases (and there are hopefully a bunch of people on)?

Ploid 3.0

When the game is out, and we can do our gaf rooms/tournaments the fun factor will be blown through the roof I feel. Then playing one on one, two on one, two on two... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ((explode)).

Ploid 3.0/Ploid/Central USA

Wow, I'm terrible. It's a fun game, though, but I can't help but feel that 1v1 is going to be much better. I can't keep track of anything with so much going on at once.

It's like learning to dance when you're getting shot with paint guns. You can do it, but it's hella annoying with all those paint gun bullets.

Keep playing and you will get better...

And guys, for the last time, this is going to be available to all Plus members by the first week of August. It's practically confirmed

solidus51

Banned
Ok I'm gonna complain about sly again since its fun. His level 1 is so good he can do it while he is getting put in a combo

So got the beta, but now I got a code from Clock from the PS Forums. Do not ask me please, I have told him that I already got a code... after already getting the code (because I thought it was a scammer). I know who I'm going to give it to, but I'm waiting for the confirmation. He told me to be discreet about the beta discussions for some reason...

I dont think he knew I was the same person as the person on the PS Forums... What should I do?

It's like learning to dance when you're getting shot with paint guns. You can do it, but it's hella annoying with all those paint gun bullets.

Keep playing and you will get better...

And guys, for the last time, this is going to be available to all Plus members by the first week of August. It's practically confirmed

practically confirmed where?

practically confirmed where?

PSBlog pretty much says there is a huge surprise, and the first week of Plus always has a big update, and this beta will likely be it. By next week, they should be able to increase their server load even mode, which is the whole purpose of the beta.

I am sure of it

So got the beta, but now I got a code from Clock from the PS Forums. Do not ask me please, I have told him that I already got a code... after already getting the code (because I thought it was a scammer). I know who I'm going to give it to, but I'm waiting for the confirmation. He told me to be discreet about the beta discussions for some reason...

I dont think he knew I was the same person as the person on the PS Forums... What should I do?

Perhaps you should ask Clockw0rk if he could re-use the code or if you could do a giveaway on NeoGAF or the PS Forums :)

wouldn't a bigger scale allow them to actually see potential problems for when the game releases (and there are hopefully a bunch of people on)?

It's typically best to start small. They'll get there and probably end up with an open beta on PSN or a multiplayer demo prior to release just to make sure everything runs smoothly with thousands of concurrent players.

SmithnCo

When the game is out, and we can do our gaf rooms/tournaments the fun factor will be blown through the roof I feel. Then playing one on one, two on one, two on two... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ((explode)).

Ploid 3.0/Ploid/Central USA

Yeah, I hope there is spectating as well (can't remember if they commented on this, but if there's a tourney mode it's probably in, right?). Watching other gaffers play during tournaments and chatting could be just as fun as playing I think.

Jafku

Just got out of an intense match. 2 sweet tooths (one being myself) a sly cooper and a kratos. The match goes into 3x overtime! In the end Kratos was first. I got second place. Supers EVERYWHERE

Ploid 3.0

Getting just one overtime was a bit too tense for me lol. "Am I the one that's tied? Oh crap I bet I'm not, now I have to work just as hard to catch up!"

Boss Man

I agree that the palate swaps for Kratos, Radac, and Sweet Tooth just are not different enough, and a big lag spike where every thing jumps everywhere is obviously confusing. But otherwise I'm not having a problem with being able to follow my character at all. And it was just as easy to lose track in brawl, what being thrown super far away super quickly. And I know I've died every time I died too. Sometimes I didn't know why, as I didn't know all the supers of everyone yet, but I certainly am never confused, outside the costumes and lag spikes.
I didn't realize this was the case, as I haven't played Brawl in years. Still, I feel like something could be done either with the camera, indicators, or both to make it easier to follow your character. It doesn't ruin my enjoyment with the game, but it is a big set back IMO and I'm sure it might be an even bigger deal for others. Whether or not it's a problem that Brawl has shouldn't really determine if they do something about it IMO.

I remember reading that the guys who are porting over the Vita version have done something with the camera to deal with this, and I hope something is done to alleviate the problem on the PS3 side. Even if it's just an option that you can turn on for when there is only one person playing locally I'd be happy.

v As I mentioned earlier, I think a great and simple step in the right direction would be to remove the '1P', '2P', '3P', '4P' icons for characters who are not being played locally.

Loudninja

Once you get use to it you wont lose tracked of you character as often.

Maybe they could put your username on the top of the character?

Gorillaz

Once you get use to it you wont lose tracked of you character as often.

Maybe they could put your username on the top of the character?

It's even harder during death, Because you don't realize it until you respawn. Also Respawn's should be color coded to what people are example:

player 2-blue

blue light should shine when respawning.

^ I like the idea of removing the P2, P3, and P4 over the enemies heads, and making your P1/username much more visible.

The game's colours just make it harder.

SSB was easy to follow for a number of reasons, camera followed the action. In PSA, the camera will move out for the background events.

SSB also simply had a cast of characters that fitted better into their world. I dont know what else they can do, but right now, the best way is to have better indicators.

I really like the idea of color coding and think spawns should work differently: Spawning in Metro with the Air taxis is a lot better than having that blue light that is used for both KO's and respawns.

Super 1's and FFA make it very hard for me to see death coming, and this can be alleviated by making who has what super when more noticeable. They have a lot of room for the HUD to improve, they should do that

Boss Man

I think the deaths themselves should be color coded as well, so it's easier to notice when you die.

There could also be some kind of color coded effect (just a player colored trail or something) for when you get knocked way back, since this is usually when it becomes easy to lose track. It doesn't have to be outlandish, just a subtle blurring trail that is colored the same as your player number.

I think all of these things combined would be relatively simple to add to the game, and go a very long way in making the game better.

Here's some more vids of All-stars for guys who still didn't get beta yet. One of the Best matches i had in the game it was super intense and the scores were so close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWPz8OOo9oA

Finally, some great quality footage.

I'd really like for this game to have a record/upload feature like in Just Cause 2. Even more advertising strategies that could get this game out.

I hope that they add finishing touches like, changing the music to something more upbeat during OT

tribal24

Banned

I'd really like for this game to have a record/upload feature like in Just Cause 2. Even more advertising strategies that could get this game out.

Were going to be recording more footage when the game comes out going more in-depth with combo's .

Boss Man

So here's what I'd like to propose as things to consider:

1) Remove '1P', '2P', '3P', '4P' icons for characters who are not being played locally.
2) Colored (according to player number) death lights.
3) Colored (according to player number) respawn lights.
4) Add a subtle colored (according to player number) trailing effect for knockbacks.

Perhaps the colors should also only kick in for local players. It would remain white for AI players and online opponents, to further reduce confusion.

I hope that they add finishing touches like, changing the music to something more upbeat during OT

I'm Timberland2K7 in the match.

PS: Kratos's air arrow daggers have a ton of combo potential (1:17 of the video).

Gorillaz

It took a few years for the smash site to get started tho, I think it really didn't get going until Melee came out? Possibly Years after. At the same time online wasn't big back then.

I see this game being a cult classic. Strong enough to get it's own site.

So here's what I'd like to propose as things to consider:

1) Remove '1P', '2P', '3P', '4P' icons for characters who are not being played locally.
2) Colored (according to player number) death lights.
3) Colored (according to player number) respawn lights.
4) Add a subtle colored (according to player number) trailing effect for knockbacks.

I approve. I really, REALLY like #4, if it doesn't add to the on-screen cluster. I hope this is put into the OP

In addition:

5) Color code the aura that is there when you get a super
6) I really think this is a good idea: Surround the whole perimeter of the super bar with a color coded splatter-paint effect when you get a super so that you can see it from the corner of your eye with your peripheral vision. And make it "shine" when it gets to level 3.

Maybe even a color coded aura that glows around the perimeter-- there is a lot of room on the HUD
7) An audio cue may help too

SykoTech

Got my code, so you can remove me from the list (if it still exists).

Thank you based Clock. I'd sent you a PM, but I know your box is probably running over.

Downloading now.

Top Bottom