• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Boss Man

Oh, I noticed something with the 'victory pose' bug. It seems like when someone has an overall score of zero they get the winner's pose. Or at least a neutral one. It seems like people with an overall zero never have the loser's pose. Maybe that will help someone with debugging if they ever see this info lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No I just think its crappy

Also WOW some use Sly level 1 to counter Fatty pee level 2

That's good to know. I will use it when I need to.

Is Sweet Tooth's level 1 glitched?

It's too weird hitbox. Sometime I would go through other players and not grab anything.

You can dodge FP's level 2 people have done it and I been dodging a lot of supers

Yeah, we dodged that too but problem i sthat when other people got me into combo. I am dead. lol

What's heihachi lvl 2?

He would summon Kuma.

I'm quite convinced you can use slys lvl 1 to counter anything >.<

Good to know, again. :)

I just went 6-0 playing hard and not running. I see a lot of players running away when they don't have keep away characters or health and people aren't dodging or blocking. Is there a way we can play a private match?

I would love to have private match with gaffers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh, I noticed something with the 'victory pose' bug. It seems like when someone has an overall score of zero they get the winner's pose. Or at least a neutral one. It seems like people with an overall zero never have the loser's pose. Maybe that will help someone with debugging if they ever see this info lol.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it work just fine for their copy because they had to cut out some of codes such as other characters.

k_Reign

Heihachi summons Kuma, the bear. Kuma seems to run around attacking the other players, you can see in the 1-on-1 video that he manages 2 kills with it.

Yeah, and in the Free for All he manages something like 5 kills with a level 2. It does seem to me that a level 2 should be capable of getting any more than 3 kills...

solidus51

Banned
There ways to get in on radec players just dodge near him do a short jump to a move your character does and just keep mind gaming the radec players

solidus51

Banned
How do you rush them exactly? There is no dash or run in this game right? Does that pose a problem in rushing opponents who are far away from you?
When the game starts I go exactly to them when they are camping. What's up with all the sly players running away then doing his level1?

There ways to get in on radec players just dodge near him do a short jump to a move your character does and just keep mind gaming the radec players

I'm getting quite good at playing as Radec in CQC... if the enemies are noobs lol.

Are you guys dodging super 1's? I find that I never see them coming, and when I do, it's when there are 10 seconds left, in which case I keep my distance from the enemies (unless I have my own super to dish out).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm getting quite good at playing as Radec in CQC... if the enemies are noobs lol.

Are you guys dodging super 1's? I find that I never see them coming, and when I do, it's when there are 10 seconds left, in which case I keep my distance from the enemies (unless I have my own super to dish out).

Sly is hardest to dodge out of all. I found it easy to dodge kratos and Princess because they had a hint when it is coming. Sly, it was just out of no where.

J-Tier

When the game starts I go exactly to them when they are camping. What's up with all the sly players running away then doing his level1?

The level one is very good to use out of invisibility, you'll find a lot of sly users harassing others with this strategy xD

solidus51

Banned

Yea I'm dodging them but slys supers are probably the best right now. He's top teir. all of his attacks beat out FP's. And his super where his friend comes out has a fast start up while other characters have slow start ups

cyborg009

Banned
Yea I'm dodging them but slys supers are probably the best right now. He's top teir. all of his attacks beat out FP's. And his super where his friend comes out has a fast start up while other characters have slow start ups

Kratos Lunge needs a better hit box

Also Fat princess has the easiest combos

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man that really sucks that Acquiescence didn't get a clockwork invite. He really does deserve one from how much he posts here about this game.

Anyhow catch up time:

PSY&#12539;S;40372904 said:
• How about the ability to throw items vertically? Sometimes chucking an item to the left or right isn’t the best option and that item goes to waste.

Yes this is a problem.

I think they made a mistake removing knockouts and hazard deaths because people couldn't tell that they were dying. People can't tell that they're dying because it's hard to keep track of your character in the first place. Removing knockouts and stuff just removed an element of the game for no reason, I worry.

The first thing they could do to help that would be super easy to implement is to make it so that the '1P', '2P', '3P', '4P' icons only appear over players who are playing locally on the player's machine. Online, I don't these things should be indicated for other players.

I agree that the palate swaps for Kratos, Radac, and Sweet Tooth just are not different enough, and a big lag spike where every thing jumps everywhere is obviously confusing. But otherwise I'm not having a problem with being able to follow my character at all. And it was just as easy to lose track in brawl, what being thrown super far away super quickly. And I know I've died every time I died too. Sometimes I didn't know why, as I didn't know all the supers of everyone yet, but I certainly am never confused, outside the costumes and lag spikes.

I'm interested in hearing thoughts on the combo system and any combos you guys managed to make.

I've been having a lot of success with fat princess's down triangle > side triangle > up triangle. Its fun for me to do too since its a really easy motion to follow, just one button and the stick moves in one direction. Doing the timing between each hit is very easy. I've tried to transcribe the combo video superbot came out with and do some of those, but my mind can not handle changing both the sticks and the button quickly enough. Something like neutral circle > down triangle ruins me.

So what do any Smash fans think of the game? I'm a big Smash fan and was excited about this game since it was first revealed, but I wonder how the lifebar system would work, as I always preferred the percentage system in Smash for arena fighters.

I'm a huge smash fan and even played competitively in some local tournaments. I really like this game. All of the characters feel like the top tier characters in smash. A smash bros game where every single character is not a clone and can hold thier own is really intriguing to me. The controls are just very smooth too. Where smash is clunky and has a lot of lag on some moves, every character in PSAS has little lag after attacks which makes you feel a lot more in control of your character.

The super system works pretty good for FFA too, but the jury is probably going to have to be out until release to see if it works well in 1v1 stock modes. I suspect it will be fine.

solidus51

Banned
As me being a smash fan I really like the way the game plays its really fun four player wise. I just wanna know the 1v1s will be like.

Ploid 3.0

Took me a while but I'm now doing great with Parappa. I couldn't figure out how to do his normal ground machine gun punches for the longest. Also using the mike "Get over here" more for combo setups. I can't land his Down+Square, Up+Triangle x3 combo. Usually because I'm worried about getting hit by others. Playing smart really pays off. I think I pissed off a few sly coopers when they'd waste their whole level 1 trying to catch me. "Oh what's that you can't shoot your missiles below shelter? Bwhahaha!"

Ploid 3.0

Clockwork sent another PM not a email. Not sure if that was standard or what. It's probably random on if he sends PM or Email with the code.

Didn't know where to ask. Has it been confirmed if this will be on PSN on release day?

Ooh I'd really like it to be on PSN for release. I'd rather have it on my HDD ready to go with marvel parked in the disk drive. I'd actually rather have as many games as possible on PSN for download.

solidus51

Banned
Ok well I really don't like fp's first two supers. The start up for level 1 can be knocked out of and her level two mobility is bad.

Clockwork sent another PM not a email. Not sure if that was standard or what. It's probably random on if he sends PM or Email with the code.

Ooh I'd really like it to be on PSN for release. I'd rather have it on my HDD ready to go with marvel parked in the disk drive. I'd actually rather have as many games as possible on PSN for download.

No I mean, does he give you the code, or ask for your email?

SmithnCo

Hey can I get some of you guys PSn IDs?

Here's a list we started a while ago in the other thread:

JStein0222 / jsnake22 / NA
TimeEffect / Alpha-Male22 / NA
SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
MyMyAxaco / GottaBeat / NA
Desmond / DessieB93 / Ireland
Drencrom / Drencrom / Sweden
k_Reign / goodguyme (only for HK) / NA
Acquiescence / Acquiescence / England
jondabomb / jondabomb / NA
Tribal24/ Tribal24 / NA
Jonboy / jonboy_jlf_2004 / NA

Ploid 3.0

I have been mainly sticking with Parappa's level one. It can get all 3 people, I really should do level 2 more but it seems like it'll just be easy to jump over, and I'm not familiar with it's movements. I'll just save that for when I get the game and can train in a room or something.

Ploid 3.0/Ploid/NA

No I mean, does he give you the code, or ask for your email?

Asks for Name, Email, and PSN, sends code to PM after you reply with info.

J-Tier

And here's the list on the OP of this thread:

SSReborn / Klipz-Wish / Canada
k_Reign / k_Reign / US
The Grim Heaper / TheGrimHeaper / US
Sarcastic Response / renewman1 / US
SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
Tribal24 / Tribal24 / NA
jtir123 / jtir123 / NA
baekshi / sharingan_itachi / us
Drago / PokeDrago / US
Napalm_Frank / NapalmFrank / Fin
Fancy Corndog / Malpractice / US
Jakfu / Jafku / US
Grokbu / Grokbu / Sweden
LuuKyK / LuuKyK / Brazil
Miutsu / Miutsu / Venezuela
PSY&#12539;S / SuP3RiViAIN / US
TurkishEmperor / TurkishEmperor / EU
bakedpony / bakedpony1 / Phi

Hey can I get some of you guys PSn IDs?

Here's a list we started a while ago in the other thread:

SmithnCo / smithnco / NA
k_Reign / goodguyme (only for HK) / NA
Tribal24/ Tribal24 / NA

There's also an *incomplete* list in the OP. It's missing a few scattered people form the topic.

SSReborn / Klipz-Wish / Canada
k_Reign / k_Reign / US
The Grim Heaper / TheGrimHeaper / US
Sarcastic Response / renewman1 / US
SmithnCo / smithnco / NA