• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshHood

So assuming that PM isn't a fighting character (seems more like he'd loom over, sending all the other characters at you in a final battle), do we think he'll have his own stage that unlocks when you complete the SP?

So assuming that PM isn't a fighting character (seems more like he'd loom over, sending all the other characters at you in a final battle), do we think he'll have his own stage that unlocks when you complete the SP?

I see him as a boss like Master Hand or Galactus. And fighting him in the XMB type place. That place could have an interesting mash up of essentially everything!
Or just be stand alone XMB which is fine too

Mr. Fix

Jak's preorder alt looking a lot better. Now if only they can patch in his Super Saiyan hair, and I will be content with it! I'm hoping they used Ratchet's R&C1 look too for his in-game alt.

Just mentioning we do know now that alt costumes also have alt colors. So that's nice

After watching it all, really want to commend the recent gameplay from superbot employees. Really fun, entertaining stuff

SmithnCo

I'm still thinking Kat and Ryu. Mink's source wasn't wrong besides the Lightning stuff which was speculation anyway.

Connor is likely too though, if they go past those two. Lightning and maybe Cloud as well if they can convince SE.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ld-opening-cinematic-and-final-boss-unveiled/

Post #9 response.

+ Seth Killian on November 8th, 2012 at 11:08 am said:

Yes! All-Stars will be available as day-1 digital on PS3. You will get the costume pre-order bonus AND the complimentary Vita version whether you buy a physical disc or the digital version of All-Stars on PS3.

woo!
Do day 1 digital games update with the store update that day or is there a chance of midnight? I think AssCreed III was up via search at midnight

SHOCKING NEWS
+ Berae on November 8th, 2012 at 8:21 am said:
The openic cinematic is great! The thing Im disappointed tho like a lot of people is the number of characters. I was still hoping for more. I know there will be DLCs but that sucks.

+ Seth Killian on November 8th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:
Stay tuned I think we may have some happy news in the near future…

I kinda want the digital version now but Steelbox is nice too...

SSReborn

+ Jrange378 on November 8th, 2012 at 8:30 am said:

Hey Seth, Quick question?

Will the imminent DLC characters have their own story too? Or just straight roster characters and nothing else ? (which is fine too)

+ Seth Killian on November 8th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

If we did DLC characters, they would have all the features that the launch-day cast would have.

+ Ryumoau on November 8th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

nice intro video. I’m still disappointed by the limited roster and lack of representation of jrpg characters that helped make playstation relevant during the ps1 era. The beta didn’t blow me away either.

I need to hear more about the single player content. Smash Bros. Brawl had a long story mode and lots of collectables. I need to know if this game has stuff to do for people who don’t want to fight online all the time.

Depending on what i find out in the next two weeks, I’ll either rent this or get it on psn if it has a good PS Plus discount.

+ Seth Killian on November 8th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

Beyond arcade mode with intros, endings, and rival cut-scenes for every character and all the multiplayer stuff, All-Stars has tons of interesting challenges and trials (both overall trials and character-specific stuff). Certainly it’s hundreds of hours of content there, and a very extensive set of unlocks, from titles, to taunts, to character-specific intro and outro moves, musical themes, badges, etc. Hope this helps.
Good stuff in the comments

Just read this on GameFAQs. Is this how pre-ordering on PSN works?

So you can pre-order a digital game? Interesting... if I do that, can I download it before the 20th and then play it as soon as the clock switches? Steam lets you do that and it's awesome, but I've never pre-ordered on PSN before.

yes you can

If so that's awesome

If we did DLC characters, they would have all the features that the launch-day cast would have.

Oh Seth you nice guy you

Beyond arcade mode with intros, endings, and rival cut-scenes for every character and all the multiplayer stuff, All-Stars has tons of interesting challenges and trials (both overall trials and character-specific stuff). Certainly it’s hundreds of hours of content there, and a very extensive set of unlocks, from titles, to taunts, to character-specific intro and outro moves, musical themes, badges, etc. Hope this helps.

SSReborn

David Jaffe when someone asked him his thoughts about seeing Kratos x Sweet Tooth in the intro.

"Love the new AllStars ad, love final boss reveal, and LOVE seeing ma boyz tearing shit UP at the end!Wishing my colleagues & friends the very best on a super successful launch in a few weeks! If this hits, I want a 3rd person action/adventure mash up with the same cast (plus others, of course!:) for the spin off!!! :) "

The answer Seth gave excluded costumes as an unlockable. I figured that's one of the prominent things you'd mention when talking about unlockables.

We allready know theres unlockable costumes. We have seen Dante with OG Vergils coat and Sweet Tooth with TM3 clownsuit.

In fact we have seen a player unlock a costume in a video from the LA event.

Mik_Pad

Banned
The answer Seth gave excluded costumes as an unlockable. I figured that's one of the prominent things you'd mention when talking about unlockables.
I think we have seen footage with other alts and in the mlg livestream someone unlocked a costume when they level'd up.

I think I read someone saw Old Heihachi in last night livestream??

David Jaffe when someone asked him his thoughts about seeing Kratos x Sweet Tooth in the intro.

"Love the new AllStars ad, love final boss reveal, and LOVE seeing ma boyz tearing shit UP at the end!Wishing my colleagues & friends the very best on a super successful launch in a few weeks! If this hits, I want a 3rd person action/adventure mash up with the same cast (plus others, of course!:) for the spin off!!! :) "

I am down for the Power Stone spin off :p

But I am still curious about this CTF idea they had

SmithnCo

I think we have seen footage with other alts and in the mlg livestream someone unlocked a costume when they level'd up.

Yep, someone unlocked a costume on one of the streams, no need to worry about that.

Old heihachi is alt colour, not costume. He just gets gray hair and still uses his classic tiger outfit.

Mr. Fix

I dunno man. Regardless as I sayd we have also literally seen how someone unlocked a costume for Ratchet via the leveling system. It didn't show what the costume was tho.

Damn, too bad they didn't show it. How does the leveling system work? It's not the number on the select screen in the beta is it?

Damn, too bad they didn't show it. How does the leveling system work? It's not the number on the select screen in the beta is it?

It is. The number is super wonky in the beta and doesn't mean anything on it tho. You get ''RP'' (rating points?) by playing the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom