• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMink

No, Snake's all but confirmed. The only question is how he will play.

I'm telling you, it's going to be raiden! Snake will be in the game in some form, but raiden is going to be the character.
I'm calling it!

You can make fun of me later if I'm wrong :p

Raiden would be more interesting just because of his potential moveset. Snake is heavily gun based, and the game will have plenty of characters like that.

Loudninja

I wouldn't mind Raiden but its Snake,people been asking for him so yeah.

Raiden would be more interesting just because of his potential moveset. Snake is heavily gun based, and the game will have plenty of characters like that.
Those characters are different though not one plays alike or have supers alike.

SmithnCo

I'd like Raiden but people would riot. It would be like MGS2 redux, lol.

Definitely needed for a sequel though, if they dig deeper into franchise's characters.

Even though Omar says that they're still trying to cram characters on the disc, that's just his way of saying that he doesn't want to reveal the final number yet, excluding DLC. The game's out by October 23, but the game should hit gold around September, meaning that they can't touch the disc anymore.

This is what bugs me: did Sony force them to rush the game? October 23 doesn't really sound like the "Holiday 2012" release date that they first promised. A lot can happen in two months, it seems to me that they're quickly rushing the last bunch of characters in the game and the others that didn't make it in time will be released as post-launch DLC.

KalBalboa

Banned

True, but I think a lot of the "shooters" have plenty of close-range attacks to back them up (Jak, Drake). Radec seems to be the biggest gun-guy thus far, and Snake himself has CQC and the like to balance out his gun use.

I'm telling you, it's going to be raiden! Snake will be in the game in some form, but raiden is going to be the character.
I'm calling it!

You can make fun of me later if I'm wrong :p

Noted ( :',

Takao

Banned
Even though Omar says that they're still trying to cram characters on the disc, that's just his way of saying that he doesn't want to reveal the final number yet, excluding DLC. The game's out by October 23, but the game should hit gold around September, meaning that they can't touch the disc anymore.

This is what bugs me: did Sony force them to rush the game? October 23 doesn't really sound like the "Holiday 2012" release date that they first promised. A lot can happen in two months, it seems to me that they're quickly rushing the last bunch of characters in the game and the others that didn't make it in time will be released as post-launch DLC.

This game has been in development for like 3 years. It's time to come out.

Those characters are different though not one plays alike or have supers alike.

I didn't say that they played like one another. But there are currently 3 characters where guns are their primary weapon. They currently don't have any characters that are sword based. Ninja Raiden's moveset would be very different from Snake or any of those gun based characters because of his primary weapon, and that was my point.

TheMink

I'd like Raiden but people would riot. It would be like MGS2 redux, lol.

Definitely needed for a sequel though, if they dig deeper into franchise's characters.

I think MGS4 raiden is totally a comparable character to snake. (I actually loved MGS2 raiden, but whatev)
I don't think there would be a whole lot of hate for raiden.

I just feel like solidsnakex said that raidens playability would be waaay more interesting than snake.

(I would actually go out on a limb and say that I will probably main raiden if he is in it)

jett

D-Member
Old level design definitely was much more dynamic and interesting. What they've actually shown is BLAH, to say the least.

Oh, I know. 3 years is a long time, even by today's HD standards. I hope this is a learning experience for Superbot and that they can use that for the next game they're gonna make.

Loudninja

I didn't say that they played like one another. But there are currently 3 characters where guns are their primary weapon. They currently don't have any characters that are sword based. Ninja Raiden's moveset would be very different from Snake or any of those gun based characters because of his primary weapon, and that was my point.
True,well sweetooth does use a knife :p

TheMink

Old level design definitely was much more dynamic and interesting. What they've actually shown is BLAH, to say the least.

I just don't think (talking about hades old level here) that is a good lvl design, it's a total jumble.
Drakes level (which could quite possibly be in it) is awesome.

Also in the Q&A at comic con, Omar stated that they have a unique way of dealing with "falling off the stage"
And that the ONLY way to die Is to be killed by a super, I'm really happy with that.
That means there will be No unforced errors, unlike playing as sonic on a small level with dodgey net code in online SSB :p

Loudninja

I just don't think (talking about hades old level here) that is a good lvl design, it's a total jumble.
Drakes level (which could quite possibly be in it) is awesome.

Also in the Q&A at comic con, Omar stated that they have a unique way of dealing with "falling off the stage"
And that the ONLY way to die Is to be killed by a super, I'm really happy with that.
That means there will be No unforced errors, unlike playing as sonic on a small level with dodgey net code in online SSB :p
Yeah I have no clue what people see in the old Hades level.

SmithnCo

The train level looks great but old Hades looked like a mess. It would probably be hard to pull off supers in that level too unless they are level 3.

meta4

I think MGS4 raiden is totally a comparable character to snake. (I actually loved MGS2 raiden, but whatev)
I don't think there would be a whole lot of hate for raiden.

I just feel like solidsnakex said that raidens playability would be waaay more interesting than snake.

(I would actually go out on a limb and say that I will probably main raiden if he is in it)

I would prefer Boss though.

I'd like Raiden but I don't think the game will be lacking in swordsmen once Cloud
probably Lightning...so swordswomen I guess...
is confirmed.

I didn't see the pitch version of Hades but I fucking love the current version. It's got a good platform setup, a wicked stage hazard in Hades himself, and PATAPON!

SenEXunk

Banned
So there is a possibility of a Rapture stage. I think a good cross over would be the characters fighting in an aquarium sort of stage within Rapture while in the background the Ocean colossi from Shadow of the Colossus is swimming about.

TheMink

I'd like Raiden but I don't think the game will be lacking in swordsmen once Cloud
probably Lightning...so swordswomen I guess...
is confirmed.

I didn't see the pitch version of Hades but I fucking love the current version. It's got a good platform setup, a wicked stage hazard in Hades himself, and PATAPON!

Lightning I think for sure somewhat unfortunately, and Nariko I think will make it in. Im alright with cloud not making it in as long as raiden makes the roster too.

Raiden would be the fastest character (that's something there is none of yet a FAST guy) with a pretty much just mellee and some kind of bullet block.
Literally a dream come true for me if that ends up being the case

Loudninja

Some EU ps blog comments

When asked about more female characters like Kat and Nariko
Hi darylsdn,
Keep an eye on the blog for more character announcements, we’re not done yet.
I agree with both of you.
Keep an eye on the blog for further character announcements, we’ve got a way to go yet.
Hi Zero,
We already have a blonde in Fat Princess, but keep an eye on the blog for further character announcements, there’s quite a few to go.

Hi manutreble,
The PlayStation universe is so vast, the biggest challenge for the SuperBot guys was narrowing it down to the characters that can fit in the game.
Keep an eye on the blog for more announcements, lots of surprises still to come
Hi Falcon,
Keep an eye on the blog for further announcements, we’ve got some surprises up our sleeves.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...e-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-roster/

SenEXunk

Banned
Something tells me majority of the PlayStation fanbase including Superbot don't even know Jen Tate exists. I bet Superbot was never asked a question regarding her which is a damn shame. Shes one of the 3 characters that will convince me to purchase the game.

1. PaRappa. Confirmed.
2. Jen Tate.
3. Ape Escape character.

All 3 must be met and no DLC wont count because I doubt DLC characters will be represented in the story.

.la1n

Pretty sure we can bank on the princess from Ico and Nariko...Kat would be a very welcome surprise. Need more females dammit.

KalBalboa

Banned
Something tells me majority of the PlayStation fanbase including Superbot don't even know Jen Tate exists. I bet Superbot was never asked a question regarding her which is a damn shame. Shes one of the 3 characters that will convince me to purchase the game.

1. PaRappa. Confirmed.
2. Jen Tate.
3. Ape Escape character.

All 3 must be met and no DLC wont count because I doubt DLC characters will be represented in the story.

So unless Jen Tate happens you won't be buying? Isn't that a little short-sighted? Don't you enjoy any other characters that have been shown or who could potentially be revealed, or even the general gist of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom