• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

It still dont know about the game.We seen 5 stage,12 characters and one mode.

We know nothing about other modes,online and other things.

It still dont know about the game.We seen 5 stage,12 characters and one mode.

We know nothing about other modes,online and other things.

Well we do know there will be online, we know there will be free for all, 1 vs 1, and 2 vs 2, we know there will be a story mode complete with unique storylines and rivals. I am sure there are more things we know as well, that's just off the top of my head.

Thought it be cool so I made this:

iCaaP.jpg

Yeah, I know the helghast soldier isn't Radec. This and a KZ3 costume is all Mm had.

Potential costumes for potential characters:
w6sAQ.jpg

That is so badass. I hope eventually there is a Sackboy costume for every character that makes it into Battle Royale.

Loudninja

Well we do know there will be online, we know there will be free for all, 1 vs 1, and 2 vs 2, we know there will be a story mode complete with unique storylines and rivals. I am sure there are more things we know as well, that's just off the top of my head.
Yeah we do know that each character in story mode, has its on story, ending and rival.

I take back what I said about not knowing much about the online

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gives players access to a wide variety of PlayStation characters and ties in the excitement of a four player, full screen brawler. Players can fight in a variety of configurations, including versus matches for four, team battles, special practice modes, and team up with friends to take on players online. Online battles will deliver a new set of challenges, including Tournament mode, Special Event Battle, and Custom Matches. In Tournament, players are matched online to gain experience and special awards. Special Event Battles allow SuperBot to set match parameters daily, and players earn experience points towards an overall leaderboard based on performance. Players can also arrange customized matches with their own rule

Forgot about the press release

SP modes
In addition to a rich and deep online multiplayer experience, players can engage in several single player modes including Combat Trials and Arcade mode. In Combat Trials, players not only learn the basics of the game but perfect their skills through hundreds of unique challenges. Additionally players can play through a fixed level progression with prizes in Arcade mode.

ascii42

Is it bad that I kind of wish this was "LittleBigPlanet Fighting" after seeing those costumes?

Not at all. I don't care how, but I want Sackboy versions of the characters in the game. I don't care if it's a Super, like has been suggested, or if Sackboy is this game's Kirby, or whatever.

TheMink

I've been thinking, and I really don't think snake will make the roster. It's going to be raiden.
"but they got david hayter as a VA!"
I hear ya, but i think he's going to be an NCP in a level or multiple levels.
Think the incident, where snake and raiden are sniping the bridge to cover Emma.
Only it will just be snake
sniping
the characters on the level.
Or snake in a metal gear fighting a collosus or something.
Or he will be a part of raidens LVL2 super like in the end of the game raiden and snake are fighting together.

In addition to that someone mentioned that snake would be the 4th "sit back and shoot" character to make the roster, when it's far more likely that mellee will have far more characters than ranged.

I'm really hoping for raiden, because it wouldnt bother me of they choose lightning over cloud (which they will)
Because raiden is all the way awesome, and is going to be pretty much exclusively mellee which is exactly how I like it.

jondabomb

I've been thinking, and I really don't think snake will make the roster. It's going to be raiden.
"but they got david hayter as a VA!"
I hear ya, but i think he's going to be an NCP in a level or multiple levels.
Think the incident, where snake and raiden are sniping the bridge to cover Emma.
Only it will just be snake
sniping
the characters on the level.
Or he will be a part of raidens LVL2 super like in the end of the game raiden and snake are fighting together.

In addition to that someone mentioned that snake would be the 4th "sit back and shoot" character to make the roster, when it's far more likely that mellee will have far more characters than ranged.

I'm really hoping for raiden, because it wouldnt bother me of they choose lightning over cloud (which they will)
Because raiden is all the way awesome, and is going to be pretty much exclusively mellee which is exactly how I like it.

Although I would prefer this because Raiden would probably be more fun to play with and Snake is already in Brawl, I still think that it will end up beign some variation of Snake/ Big Boss

If I were to guess I think it'll be Old Snake with moves evocative of that game, i.e Metal Gear Mk. II, the railgun, octocamo, the oil barrel, S.G Mine, maybe even emotion ammo!
I loved MGS4.

Take that level idea further; REX fighting a Colossus, the fight starts on REX avoiding attacks from the Colossus and then at some point the players need to jump over to the Colossus and continue fighting, but now dodging fire from REX.

I like the idea of stage mash-ups for the most part, but when it comes to fighting it out on top of a colossus, well... I don't want anything to interfere with that shit.

Okay, so I'm assuming heavy attacks gain AP slower but by a big amount and fast attacks gain ap faster but bit by bit right?

and also, whats the point of environmental damages? like the kz3 robot in the dojo stage. or hades' stage. its not like ap gets diminished...

Ryce

Okay, so I'm assuming heavy attacks gain AP slower but by a big amount and fast attacks gain ap faster but bit by bit right?

and also, whats the point of environmental damages? like the kz3 robot in the dojo stage. or hades' stage. its not like ap gets diminished...
I think I saw a character get hit by a missile in the Dojo stage and AP orbs fell out of him for the opponents to pick up.

TheMink

If you get hit it leaves you open to further damage from your opponents

I think I saw a character get hit by a missile in the Dojo stage and AP orbs fell out of him for the opponents to pick up.

Yep, environmental stuff will take AP out of you and scatter it around in those "orbs". Just like when buzz hits you with the pies!

For a final boss let's not ignore that Sackboy definitely has the power to bring everyone together like this. It would be fun if he were in fact the big mastermind. But the way Superbot has talked about it I'm more expecting it to be Polygon Man than anybody else
Oh and I remember reading somewhere before that the roster had been finalized...?

I wonder are they still adding to the roster or not?

They said during the panel that they're working on getting as much as possible onto the disc. That's why they're not giving us a solid number for the roster yet. I imagine they'll be trying to stuff as many characters as possible in before the release date and what gets left behind will be considered for DLC.

jondabomb

I wonder if they are going to incorporate the villains from each franchise in any way. They don't seem to be including any as fighters but I wonder if they will show up in each characters story at all

Loudninja

It's best to set our expectations to 22, then it'll be even more awesome when there are 24 characters.
Yeah I would be fine with that.

They were talking about DLC I think.

They said during the panel that they're working on getting as much as possible onto the disc. That's why they're not giving us a solid number for the roster yet. I imagine they'll be trying to stuff as many characters as possible in before the release date and what gets left behind will be considered for DLC.
Hmm both of these posts are true,so I guess its too early to give a number.

KalBalboa

Banned
The pre order states that all characters will get an alt from it

And It says multiple alts for each character

inFamous 1 Cole sounds more and more likely for those wanting it. Jak 1, 2, and 3 costumes too?

And those Blog comments bode very, very well for Solid Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom