• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

It's more of a "ah, that's quite clever of them to include something from Playstation's history", versus something that everyone wants. What will his impact be as the boss though? He'll be THE Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale final boss. Kind of how Master Hand
no one cares about Tabuu
has become somewhat...iconic? Not sure if that's the right word.

Tabuu was kind of cool tho
I personally thought he was the shit in brawl. Sub Space was also pretty good. Even tho the last hour or so was a little too long the entire thing was pretty badass to bring each character together in one big story.

In this game I have a feeling the boss will end up being somebody from FF7....If cloud is added (which at this point I believe he will be)

Jawmuncher

Finally dug up some info on polygon man.
Honestly that wouldn't be a bad inclusion as the final boss, since it is really related to PS history.

I'm just now realizing I have no idea how Tabuu figured into the Smash Bros story at all...Crap.
I think Polygon Man would be cool, I would be content with him as the final boss. BUT, I think it would be cooler to go with somebody that immediately gets a reaction from fans rather than most being like "well he must have been created for this game" or something like that.

Random: It's just now occurring to me how the hype for this game would explode if Crash and Spyro were revealed
Nobody better post that Slowpoke picture!! *shakes fist*

Drago

Random: It's just now occurring to me how the hype for this game would explode if Crash and Spyro were revealed
Nobody better post that Slowpoke picture!! *shakes fist*

24420502.jpg

Jawmuncher

I'm just now realizing I have no idea how Tabuu figured into the Smash Bros story at all...Crap.
I think Polygon Man would be cool, I would be content with him as the final boss. BUT, I think it would be cooler to go with somebody that immediately gets a reaction from fans rather than most being like "well he must have been created for this game" or something like that.

I agree which is why most of the talk is indeed on sephiroth.
While most of us know, you gotta admit him being the last boss with some HWA playing would make for a cool boss.

ESPECIALLY if Crash and Spyro come in to help you fight him or something.

Superbot really needs to show off some of the story mode soon, so we know what were in for. Besides that how do the songs on the levels works? Are they taken from the game or are they original music?

SmithnCo

Superbot really needs to show off some of the story mode soon, so we know what were in for. Besides that how do the songs on the levels works? Are they taken from the game or are they original music?

They've said they are remixes. Basically a track that combines two themes from the games in each level.

Jawmuncher

They've said they are remixes. Basically a track that combines two themes from the games in each level.

Interesting that should bring in some good remixes then.
Especially with some of the 3rd party charcater themes.

I already know MGS and the OLD DMC themes went well together.
I don't know whayt they'll be doing with the new DmC and his theme.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Its worth noting that when you say combined, you mean it starts on one theme, and then 100% flips to the second theme leaving the first one behind.

One thing I wonder is how its going to work for an epic 6 minute match or something. Music seems to swap at the same time as the invasion point 1:30 seconds in. I always get sad when Buzz invades the LittleBigPlanet stage and forces that music to go away, and it would be sad if it lasted for the rest of the match no matter how long the match takes.

SmithnCo

One thing I wonder is how its going to work for an epic 6 minute match or something. Music seems to swap at the same time as the invasion point 1:30 seconds in. I always get sad when Buzz invades the LittleBigPlanet stage and forces that music to go away, and it would be sad if it lasted for the rest of the match no matter how long the match takes.

I wonder if turning off stage hazards affects that at all, or if the crossover and music change happens either way.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man I love sandover village with all characters. Its so damn tiny that opponents group up easily, which is ideal for pretty much every level one super, including radacs. And you have that nice getaway down in the water when you need it.

J-Tier

Man I love sandover village with all characters. Its so damn tiny that opponents group up easily, which is ideal for pretty much every level one super, including radacs. And you have that nice getaway down in the water when you need it.

Yeah, some strategies work better on different maps, me personally, I like to play FP, so when I do my down + triangle, I always curse myself for going through all the platforms into the water =(

Noi

Yeah, some strategies work better on different maps, me personally, I like to play FP, so when I do my down + triangle, I always curse myself for going through all the platforms into the water =(

Wait, do moves like FP's butt stomp and Sweet Tooth's Stomp go through all possible platforms? I'd noticed that ST kept hitting me through them in Sandover, but I since I haven't played as either character, I thought they could choose to stop at one.

SmithnCo

That's why you gotta let go of down while falling! You'll land on the first platform you get to.

J-Tier

Wait, do moves like FP's butt stomp and Sweet Tooth's Stomp go through all possible platforms? I'd noticed that ST kept hitting me through them in Sandover, but I since I haven't played as either character, I thought they could choose to stop at one.

They can go through them but if you let go sooner, they stop at the next platform. I just really want that crumple state that FP puts people in, but it's very tough to be consistent on that stage.

@SmithnCo I try xD

Noi

That's why you gotta let go of down while falling! You'll land on the first platform you get to.

They can go through them but if you let go sooner, they stop at the next platform. I just really want that crumple state that FP puts people in, but it's very tough to be consistent on that stage.

@SmithnCO I try xD

Gotcha. I really should try out the rest of the cast sometime, just knowing what moves they can do and how they work helps a lot. I pretty much exclusively play as Radec cause I love zoning characters in every fighting game, and I don't even like Killzone!

I don't have THAT much trouble in Sandover cause I go for potshots from below with the laser and shotgun. Plus the hill on the left covers some nice ground for stickies and sniper shots when it's not fully occupied. I never bother with the level 2 on it though.

Edit: Looking over the Beta thread's movelist, it only just now hit me that Murray is Sly's level 1. Wtf? Smack that thing with the nerf stick, Superbot!

That fanfic was pretty funny, loved the last part:

Playstation has changed. It’s no longer about originality, memories, or deserving characters. It’s an endless series of proxy battles fought by SuperBot and third party devs.That war – and its consumption of possible characters – has become a well-oiled machine. Playstation has changed. New IP characters advertise for new IP games, battle on new IP stages. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Playstation has changed. The age of fan service has become the age of advertisments… All in the name of increasing sales for upcoming games. And he who controls the sales… controls history. Playstation has changed. When the battlefield is under total control… War becomes routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom