• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Just finished Jak 1 for the first time. I actually quite enjoyed it. It wasn't anything fancy. It was nice and simple and had a good charm to it. Platinum was pretty easy as well. Game didn't even last two days, and I've been working this weekend.

Looking forward to messing around as Jak in PS All Stars. Gonna start the second game tomorrow.

Zabuza

Banned
Just finished Jak 1 for the first time. I actually quite enjoyed it. It wasn't anything fancy. It was nice and simple and had a good charm to it. Platinum was pretty easy as well. Game didn't even last two days, and I've been working this weekend.

Looking forward to messing around as Jak in PS All Stars. Gonna start the second game tomorrow

I really liked this series back when they came out, mostly the 1st one (the best one). I need to try out the HD collection sooner or later.

Jak is a perfect character for PSABR. His skills from across the 3 games will create a great moveset for him.

Seriously pushing for Ethan Mars to appear as a playable character is dumb as hell, but some of the animated portions in that video are priceless. Mars throwing dishes at Big Daddy and slide kicking PaRappa... I wanna see more of that sort of thing.

Ethan still isn't as bad as suggesting that Lego Batman should be in it.

Shahed

I really liked this series back when they came out, mostly the 1st one (the best one). I need to try out the HD collection sooner or later.

Jak is a perfect character for PSABR. His skills from across the 3 games will create a great moveset for him.

Why would you say the 1st is the best? Most games tend to improve quite a few things for their second outing.

Zabuza

Banned
Why would you say the 1st is the best? Most games tend to improve quite a few things for their second outing.

I guess you'll see. Jak 2 and 3 tried to focus more on being open world and I personally liked the more lighthearted and straightforward approach in the Precursor Legacy.

Pachimari

What is that list about? I have been wondering for days. Those who want to join the beta but don't have a code?

Jak will be my main by default. He's the ultimate icon and Jak 1 were definitely better than 2 and 3.

SSReborn

Yeah the series took a different direction with the sequels. Which I prefer to the first but I love all of them. Its one of those things where its just a matter of what you prefer

Shahed

I guess you'll see. Jak 2 and 3 tried to focus more on being open world and I personally liked the more lighthearted and straightforward approach in the Precursor Legacy.

I got curious so I thought I'd just watch the intro scene.

The hell? I'm in a city! Jak talks and goes all evil!

Not sure what to make of all that. I enjoyed the light hearted charm of the 1st game. Well I guess I'll see how it works. I've never failed to like a Naughty Dog game.

Zabuza

Banned
I got curious so I thought I'd just watch the intro scene.

The hell? I'm in a city! Jak talks and goes all evil!

Not sure what to make of all that. I enjoyed the light hearted charm of the 1st game. Well I guess I'll see how it works. I've never failed to like a Naughty Dog game.

I think they tried to make it more mature. It isn't all bad though. How does the HD collection hold up?

Gorillaz

Speaking of Jak/dax I am interested in what Naughty Dog had originally planned for in Jak 4.

I remember hearing they felt Jak 4 would have been too dark to make in a family friendly series. Also nervous of it not getting the love of the first 3.

Shahed

I think they tried to make it more mature. It isn't all bad though. How does the HD collection hold up?

Seems pretty okay to me. Just came off from playing the Sly Collection and the Jak games look better to me. My cousin owns the PS2 games and they look quite a bit improved

Saying that though, I'm not the best judge on stuff like that. As long as a game is playable, I don't tend to notice if the framerate has issues or screen tearing and the like.

Looking forward to messing around as Jak in PS All Stars. Gonna start the second game tomorrow.

Jak 3 is the best imo(the driving aspects are a lot of fun), overall I like both Jak 2 and 3 better than the first game though. Jak 1 felt like it brought a lot of influences from Crash over. I feel like the series became its own with Jak 2&3. They will definitely take you longer to complete as there more challenging(especially jak 2) and just longer games. Jak 2 has the infamous escape from the docks mission that makes people want to throw there controllers out the window. I remember it taking me about 15-20 trys.

Drago

Jak 1 = Jak 2 > Jak 3 imo

I'm about halfway through 3 and... I don't know. I just don't love it like I do the first two. :/

Maybe I'll try to replay it and go through the whole game next year

Loudninja

I even told SuperBot straight out that just a couple of days before those leaks hit, I met with my own source and received all of that same information…and then some, which is why I said in my Q/A that it was highly ironic that the leak came out when it did. I assured Daniel Maniago, Dean Rymer, and the rest of the gang that regarding DLC characters and other final specifics, they will be kept close to my chest.
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...ul-gale-network-has-a-new-xbox-360-exclusive/

Zabuza

Banned
So what if it is alot of DLC?

The game already has plenty of content right now, do you expect them not to support it or something?

I'd rather have them save it for the sequel. I'm just not a fan of DLC in fighting games for the most part. Balance the existing characters instead of adding loads of new ones.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Beta code please

Played this game today at musikfest on a Playstation truck & was instantly hooked.
It completely blew my mind at how great it is. I couldn't figure out how to dash but was whooping on fools as Drake, Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth, & Parappa!

This game destroys All Smash Bros games that came before & I am a fan of that series.

Beta code please

Played this game today at musikfest on a Playstation truck & was instantly hooked.
It completely blew my mind at how great it is. I couldn't figure out how to dash but was whooping on fools as Drake, Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth, & Parappa!

This game destroys All Smash Bros games that came before & I am a fan of that series.

Gimme. Need update on beta!

Zabuza

Banned
Beta code please

It's not better than Melee. No way.

Jawmuncher

So what if it is alot of DLC?

The game already has plenty of content right now, do you expect them not to support it or something?

I thought someone said Superbot wasn't said they weren't into adding new charcaters for the game.

We all know DLC is going to happen though.
I expect costumes more than anything. Especially for characters like Dante so they can have their "original" look and what not.

However with the PS3 patching system charcaters and such wouldnt be a major issue since they could be there in the game and you'd just have to pay the unlock from the patch itself.

My question with that though is if they're adding more charaters through DLC, depending on how many it sort of cuts away from doing a sequel. Since for the most part wouldn't you want the majority of characers in this game for the next one?

Loudninja

I thought someone said Superbot wasn't said they weren't into adding new charcaters for the game.

We all know DLC is going to happen though.
I expect costumes more than anything. Especially for characters like Dante so they can have their "original" look and what not.

However with the PS3 patching system charcaters and such wouldnt be a major issue since they could be there in the game and you'd just have to pay the unlock from the patch itself.

My question with that though is if they're adding more charaters through DLC, depending on how many it sort of cuts away from doing a sequel. Since for the most part wouldn't you want the majority of characers in this game for the next one?
I think they said that they didnt know some characters were popular with people so they will try to add them at DLC.

I think if Crash in he is DLC maybe.

KiNeSiS

Banned

Explain why?

Also brawl made Snake so crappy, Drake is what Snake should have been.
Snake had a few cool specials in brawl but was lacking as a whole. I was so hyped when he was announced & then disappointed after unlocking him.

Big Daddy is vicious especially his level 2 super!

Zabuza

Banned
Explain why?

Snake had a few cool specials in brawl but was lacking as a whole. I was so hyped when he was announced & then disappointed after unlocking him.

Melee is more refined and it just feels better. This is after extensive beta play. I enjoy PSABR though. And I really liked Snake in Brawl.

Opinions man everyone has one and they don't always match up.

Regarding DLC, I like the prospect of DLC adding much requested characters they didn't have time to fit into the main game. I know everyone would probably rather have them in the retail release but it becomes a race against the release date and they would have to keep delaying the game or wait until the next game to add those characters. I would only have a problem if those characters are available day one as dlc, but even then games go gold almost a month out and DLC could have been finalized in that time. In other words it's race against the clock for them getting content on the disc.

Loudninja

Explain why?

Damn I would like to try those 2.

Btw,they said that PS plus members will get early access,and the their will be a public beta as well.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I do like fighting when over the edge scrapping & surviving in brawl.
I thought I would hate only being able to KO with supers although I could have sworn I died without being hit with a super, & I believe I also defeated someone without a super as well.

The fighting itself is more enjoyable & the special moves are so fun. I love drakes jumping special where a tile breaks & he collapses on whoever is under him. Also Sweet Tooth has some wicked hand to hand mixed with gun-play. For this type of game the fighting is quite vicious....

I honestly never got around to playing the series but was aware of it's existence. I kind of wish I played the first game, I'm have tempted to pick the game up along with the Ratchet & Clank HD collection to see what I'm missing.

I'm glad that both of these sets of characters (Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter) have been added into the game because they're both important games in the history of the PS2.

I honestly never got around to playing the series but was aware of it's existence. I kind of wish I played the first game, I'm have tempted to pick the game up along with the Ratchet & Clank HD collection to see what I'm missing.

I'm glad that both of these sets of characters (Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter) have been added into the game because they're both important games in the history of the PS2.

So. Don't kill me guys. But I never played the Jak and Daxter games (beyond the first one) or any of the Sly Cooper series.
This game is really doing it's job though. I really want to try out Sly! I'm hoping I can get Sly 4 though and not have any problems understanding what's going on...But maybe not :/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

The Jax series is the perfect example of how Naughty dog mostly follows the trend, not sets them, but does it well enough that they still really make good games.

Linear mascot platformers featuring animals are the big thing? Well lets make a bandicoot into hip mascot give him basically 2d platforming level design turned 3d. Animal mascots are out and open world platformers are a big thing now? Well lets turn crash into an almost human and give him an open world. GTA is big? Well lets take jax and put a focus on driving in the open world and also giving him guns. Covered based shooters are all the rage now? Well lets make a cover based shooter with Uncharted.

I really do love all their games and they are extremely well made, but for some people open world fun loving collectathoning is their favorite thing. 2 and 3 really are good too, but they are so different from 1, and they probably haven't aged as well as Jax 1 since the GTA and shooting genres have evolved so much, while platforming has basically been figured out ever since mario 64.

Really if anyone wants to get the general gist of the evolution of game design from the mid 90s til right now, playing every naughty dog game back to back would be one of the best ways to do it. At least they don't fall behind the trends like some companies, and they may actually be trying to set the the trends with their next game.

Drago

I still need to play through the Sly collection. I already have 4 on preorder, haha

There's a lot of Sony games I want to catch up on. I want to get through a good amount of them hopefully next year

So. Don't kill me guys. But I never played the Jak and Daxter games (beyond the first one) or any of the Sly Cooper series.
This game is really doing it's job though. I really want to try out Sly! I'm hoping I can get Sly 4 though and not have any problems understanding what's going on...But maybe not :/

Well I haven't played anything from the Sly series or Ratchet & Clank's PS2 era so I have quite a lot of catch up too. :p

KiNeSiS

Banned
Any chances of Jehuty?
Tony Hawk would be cool if not for the rapping dogs skate board attacks.

Tales From The Sun stage?
This game needs some Touken Retsuden love maybe some Jushin Thunder Lyger or Kensuke Sasaki.
Mark Of Kri Male With Bird or Female Warrior.
Gene from God Hand....

All of these suggestions are better than IGN's & I'm not even trying....

Well I haven't played anything from the Sly series or Ratchet & Clank's PS2 era so I have quite a lot of catch up too. :p

Pick up the Ratchet and Clank collection when it comes out. One of my all time favorite game series, it's really fantastic.

Random: I was just thinking about Evil Cole. It was really dumb to complain about him at the time. We know nothing about him, and Superbot has really been delivering the awesomeness so I kinda feel bad for being a downer about it haha

Zabuza

Banned
Any chances of Jehuty?
Tony Hawk would be cool if not for the rapping dogs skate board attacks.

Tales From The Sun stage?
This game needs some Touken Retsuden love maybe some Jushin Thunder Lyger or Kensuke Sasaki.
Mark Of Kri Male With Bird or Female Warrior.
Gene from God Hand....

All of these suggestions are better than IGN's & I'm not even trying....

Yeah but like IGN's there's zero chance of these happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom