• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

It'd actually be pretty cool to see a stage like the intro, where it's a darker environment but your characters iconic parts glow your spots color. Call it XMB!

Twinduct

I hope once we get to the final match something happens along the lines of the whole screen goes black, some pixelated version of the PlayStation 1 Bootscreen shows up. the screen glitches as Polygon man fades in. After the first round the screen goes black again, The PS2 boot screen starts and etc.

Also wish they pay homage to that PS9 advert.

This intro is far more exciting than a lot of the earlier trailers were. Besides the original E3 trailer they really should've gone with this aesthetic earlier instead of the ho-hum 'stand on a stage and strike a pose' aesthetic while bland techno music plays in the background they went with for the character reveals.

Also Polygon Man is the perfect choice for this. Even if really it should be Crash Bandicoot he's exacting his revenge on if you think about it :U

EDIT:

CC has left us with these

and avatars for those who want http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44187064&postcount=19935
You guys forgot to include the infamous "I seriously hope Nintendo sues" post.

prwxv3

This intro is far more exciting than a lot of the earlier trailers were. Besides the original E3 trailer they really should've gone with this aesthetic earlier instead of the ho-hum 'stand on a stage and strike a pose' aesthetic while bland techno music plays in the background they went with for the character reveals.

Also Polygon Man is the perfect choice for this. Even if really it should be Crash Bandicoot he's exacting his revenge on if you think about it :U

EDIT:

You guys forgot to include the infamous "I seriously hope Nintendo sues" post.

Its on CC's poster.

Iacobellis

I hope once we get to the final match something happens along the lines of the whole screen goes black, some pixelated version of the PlayStation 1 Bootscreen shows up. the screen glitches as Polygon man fades in. After the first round the screen goes black again, The PS2 boot screen starts and etc.

Also wish they pay homage to that PS9 advert.

I JUST GOT THE BIGGEST CHILLS IN THE WORLD! That would be the best way imaginable to start the boss level.

Ran rp

The attract trailer is one of those feel good trailers that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like the Ground Zeroes trailer. Edit: Maybe chilly is a better word for the Ground Zeroes trailer, haha. That one gave me a whole bag of feelings.

Iacobellis

PSY・S;44202785 said:
The attract trailer is one of those feel good trailers that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like the Ground Zeroes trailer.

Hey, it's you again! I keep listening to Finale over, and over, and over again. I guess it's a sin at this point that I didn't preorder PSASBR yet?

Ran rp

Hey, it's you again! I keep listening to Finale over, and over, and over again. I guess it's a sin at this point that I didn't preorder PSASBR yet?

Yes.
Nah.
But you should pre-order or download it from the PS Store if you want the bonus costumes.

Iacobellis

PSY・S;44202914 said:
Yes.
Nah.
But you should pre-order or download it from the PS Store if you want the bonus costumes.

I was in the closed beta, but had trouble finding a real appeal to this. What does single player offer?

the reply to his post were more funny than the actual one

also these:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37335097&postcount=2519

Haha, I've never seen that before. Being in England, I slept through the reveal and basically woke up to all that kerfuffle with neither the time nor the will to read the numerous threads and all the pages they contained. Looks like I missed out on a lot of gold.

Someone posted this gif in the next page - first time seeing this too!

fFOHo.gif

So good.

Ran rp

I was in the closed beta, but had trouble finding a real appeal to this. What does single player offer?

Arcade mode will allow you to play through the rivalry story of each of the characters and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's supposed to be several hours worth content outside of multiplayer. What didn't you like about the closed beta, and did you play the recent public beta? The game has been nearly perfected from the initial closed betas, imo.

Sounds like something dangerously approaching dubstep, yet not quite there. So I feel okay about liking the song.

Reminds me that the world is long due a Daft Punk album. A PROPER one. Human After All was dirge and soundtracks don't count; need those glory days of Discovery back.

Iacobellis

PSY・S;44203219 said:
Arcade mode will allow you to play through the rivalry story of each of the characters and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's supposed to be several hours worth content outside of multiplayer. What didn't you like about the closed beta, and did you play the recent public beta? The game has been nearly perfected from the initial closed betas, imo.

I don't think I bothered with the public beta. I did play a demo on the PS3 at GameStop, though. I just didn't find something compelling that makes this drastically different from Smash Bros..

I-hate-u

How cool would it be if the final battle of each character represent the game they came from? Like Kratos would be H/S battle vs Polygon, Radec would be fps battle against Polygon and Sackboy would be a platformer battle against Polygon.

Ran rp

Sounds like something dangerously approaching dubstep, yet not quite there. So I feel okay about liking the song.

Reminds me that the world is long due a Daft Punk album. A PROPER one. Human After All was dirge and soundtracks don't count; need those glory days of Discovery back.

Meh, it doesn't sound too much like your average dubstep song. It's just that one drum that you hear in a lot of electronic music. It's more reminiscent of electro/house/dance tracks you'd hear from a bunch of other French musicians like Justice. And Daft Punk are one of his biggest influences btw.

But yeah, I'm patiently waiting for Daft Punk to return with a proper studio album./off-topic

I don't think I bothered with the public beta. I did play a demo on the PS3 at GameStop, though. I just didn't find something compelling that makes this drastically different from Smash Bros..

Ah. Well the super system changes the formula well enough for PSASBR to stand out on its own, and if you're a big fan of PlayStation then it should still appeal to you. It doesn't have to be the polar opposite of Smash Bros to be enjoyable, unless you don't really like Smash either.

*peeks head in through door*

So THIS is where you guys have been hiding! I thought everyone had gone all 28 Days Later on me.

*unfolds chair*

Welp, looks like Imma be stayin' here for a week and three days.

I'm so upset that I couldn't nab any of the Dino/Raiden/PaRappa avatars :'(

Iacobellis

PSY・S;44204272 said:
Meh, it doesn't sound too much like your average dubstep song. It's just that one drum that you hear in a lot of electronic music. It's more reminiscent of electro/house/dance tracks you'd hear from a bunch of other French musicians like Justice. And Daft Punk are one of his biggest influences btw.

But yeah, I'm patiently waiting for Daft Punk to return with a proper studio album./off-topic

Ah. Well the super system changes the formula well enough for PSASBR to stand out on its own, and if you're a big fan of PlayStation then it should still appeal to you. It doesn't have to be the polar opposite of Smash Bros to be enjoyable, unless you don't really like Smash either.

I guess you're right. I do enjoy the fast paced action, Brawl was such a disappointment to me because of how floaty it was and the lack of true secret unlockables.

Also, I am enjoying Madeon much more than your mainstream Dubstep artists like Skrillex. It reminds me of the electronic music popular in the late 90's to early 2000's. Love that stuff so much, perfect for Ridge Racer and Gran Turismo.

*peeks head in through door*

So THIS is where you guys have been hiding! I thought everyone had gone all 28 Days Later on me.

*unfolds chair*

Welp, looks like Imma be stayin' here for a week and three days.

I'm so upset that I couldn't nab any of the Dino/Raiden/PaRappa avatars :'(
If you REALLY want wifebeater Dino you can have him :lol. I could rock Heihachi again.

If you REALLY want wifebeater Dino you can have him :lol. I could rock Heihachi again.

Nah; you can keep it. You earned it with your quick typing skills.

Maybe I could use my extremely limited knowledge of image editing to avatarize Vergil-alt Dino. I'll probably mangle it, though :/

Ran rp

I guess you're right. I do enjoy the fast paced action, Brawl was such a disappointment to me because of how floaty it was and the lack of true secret unlockables.

Also, I am enjoying Madeon much more than your mainstream Dubstep artists like Skrillex. It reminds me of the electronic music popular in the late 90's to early 2000's. Love that stuff so much, perfect for Ridge Racer and Gran Turismo.

Well his music isn't dubstep at all. His style is pretty much what you described.

Brawl was also a disappointment for me.

Wow I forgot some of the reactions, the game takes some things Smash Bros did for sure but saying its the same game but reskined is a a pretty big stretch. All the posts latter about how some of the supers in this game are direct copies of Braw final smashes hilarious too.

You could argue that Radec's level 3 is a rip-off of Snake's final smash.

Platy

Awesome trailer .... but part of me wanted the final boss to be

Aku_Aku_02.JPG

But was an interesting choice... interesting how a single assist trophy is the final boss on this game ;D

Still .... I'm more happy with the background cameos than the actual game rooster =/

Awesome trailer .... but part of me wanted the final boss to be

Aku_Aku_02.JPG

But was an interesting choice... interesting how a single assist trophy is the final boss on this game ;D

Still .... I'm more happy with the background cameos than the actual game rooster =/

That should totally be an alt skin

Top Bottom