• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

KevinCow

Banned
I find it weird that the part they color on Jak is the red scarf and lens of his goggle thing, and not his BRIGHT YELLOW HAIR.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Its pretty strange to me that people would be excited for Polygon man. All it ever was was a single commercial and a weird looking picture in a few magazines for like a month before getting swiftly killed. I'm all for niche, but this thing is so niche he practically never even existed. It would have been nice to have someone that had at least a little bit more of an impact on gaming. Like maybe something that was actually in a game or was marketed as a thing for more than a couple of months.

I mean if his few advertisements left an impression on you then hey that's great. But for the majority of other people that didn't even know of his existence before now I'd like to hear more about what they think of him.

SmithnCo

Its pretty strange to me that people would be excited for Polygon man. I mean all it ever was was a single commercial and a weird looking picture in a few magazines for like a month before getting swiftly killed. I'm all for niche, but this thing is so niche he practically never even existed. It would have been nice to have someone that had at least a little bit more of an impact on gaming. Like maybe something that was actually in a game or was marketed as a thing for more than a couple of months.

I mean if his few advertisements left an impression on you then hey that's great. But for the majority of other people that didn't even know of his existence before now I'd like to hear more about what they think of him.

The dude looks menacing and has a "reason" to want revenge on the current PS stars. If he wasn't swiftly killed, it would actually lower the impact I think, which is bringing back this super obscure character that never got any recognition and who is probably pissed about it. That's how I see it anyway.

I think breaking the fourth wall like that is better than say, bringing in one franchise's main baddie or something, someone that's probably been defeated in their original game already.

Loudninja

PS blog comment
+ Seth Killian on November 8th, 2012 at 11:24 am said:
Beyond arcade mode with intros, endings, and rival cut-scenes for every character and all the multiplayer stuff, All-Stars has tons of interesting challenges and trials (both overall trials and character-specific stuff). Certainly it’s hundreds of hours of content there, and a very extensive set of unlocks, from titles, to taunts, to character-specific intro and outro moves, musical themes, badges, etc. Hope this helps.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ld-opening-cinematic-and-final-boss-unveiled/

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
The dude looks menacing and has a "reason" to want revenge on the current PS stars. If he wasn't swiftly killed, it would actually lower the impact I think, which is bringing back this super obscure character that never got any recognition and who is probably pissed about it. That's how I see it anyway.

I think breaking the fourth wall like that is better than say, bringing in one franchise's main baddie or something, someone that's probably been defeated in their original game already.

That's how I feel about it.

Also, Polygon Man could be a great hook for the sequel roster expansion: He is pissed that he failed in stopping the All Stars in the last game, so he reaches deeper into their respective worlds, and brings their nemeses into the mix as playable combatants.

Dr. Nefarious
Clockwerk
Specter
Navarro (or Eddy Raja, for kicks)
King Bohan
Zeus (who wouldn't want to fight as Zeus?)
Those creepy evil Sackboys from LBP Karting (those guys look great)
the Blue Princess (lol)
Zarok
Gol and Maia Acheron
The Beast
Kessler (for reals, this time!)
Vergil (not really Dante's nemesis, but close enough)
Sev or Rico (lol. They'll be joining the hero side, Radec teams with the villains, of course)
Vamp
Kazuya

etc, etc. The roster would blow up to 40 characters, and you could still add some additional folks that couldn't make the cut this time around (Alundra, Rau, Max, Jeanne D'Arc, etc).

I think Polygon Man could be a great recurring thread for the All Stars series.

Magnus

Well damn. I consider myself a pretty big Playstation brand fan from way back in the UR NOT (RED-)E/Underground days. And I have no fucking clue who this Polygon Man is.

Carl

Also, Polygon Man could be a great hook for the sequel roster expansion: He is pissed that he failed in stopping the All Stars in the last game, so he reaches deeper into their respective worlds, and brings their nemeses into the mix as playable combatants.

Dr. Nefarious
Clockwerk
Specter
King Bohan
the Blue Princess (lol)
Zarok
Gol and Maia Acheron
The Beast
Sev or Rico (lol. They'll be joining the hero side, Radec teams with the villains, of course)
Vamp
Kazuya

etc, etc. The roster would blow up to 40 characters, and you could still add some additional folks that couldn't make the cut this time around (Alundra, Rau, Max, Jeanne D'Arc, etc).

Fuck, now i want that :(

Dr. Nefarious
Clockwerk
Specter
King Bohan
the Blue Princess (lol)
Zarok
Gol and Maia Acheron
The Beast
Vamp
Kazuya

shit, i'm not even interested in this game, but that sounds pretty good.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My wife asked if the reason why Kratos and Sweet Tooth are rivals is because Sweet Tooth reminds Kratos of Ares, what with the flaming hair and all. I never actually thought of it that way, but that'd be really funny.

I can see Kratos roaming this new, weird world, and seeing a flaming head in the distance, and be like, "Ares! I will send you back to Hades! Oh, who are you? No mind! I'll kill you like the rest of Ares minions!"

Lol. Oh Kratos. You're such an asshole.

B.O.O.M

My wife asked if the reason why Kratos and Sweet Tooth are rivals is because Sweet Tooth reminds Kratos of Ares, what with the flaming hair and all. I never actually thought of it that way, but that'd be really funny.

I can see Kratos roaming this new, weird world, and seeing a flaming head in the distance, and be like, "Ares! I will send you back to Hades! Oh, who are you? No mind! I'll kill you like the rest of Ares minions!"

lol that indeed is an angle I haven't thought of as well..would be hilarious

Dreweyes

Lol pretty creative, makes sense.

I'm pretty sure it's mainly just because they were both created by David Jaffe though. ;)

fernoca

Getting this day one, but been avoiding demos, pictures, betas..until today. Best Buy had a demo on the Vita and tried it for under a minute :)p) and..quite cool. On Vita it looked so ...close to the pics and videos I've seen of the console verisons. Can't wait.

Not watching the intro, but good to see Polygon Man back. He was so...generic, even back in the days. XD

.la1n

I'll be damned if it didn't do a good job of getting me excited for the game. I really do hope we get some nice additions to the roster in DLC.

Thoraxes

The trailer was fine, but the lack of palette-swapping in the backgrounds really made the video feel like it just groaned on.

Intro made me realize there are actually a lot of great characters here. The thought of Dante vs Kratos vs Nariko vs Raiden is pretty cool I must admit.

Now that is a killer trailer, they should have done something like that for the reveal.

Haha I just noticed that the background of the trailer is the XMB default theme.

Mik_Pad

Banned

Tell your wife she is a genius! Great Idea!!

It really, really worries me that we still have yet to see any real 1v1 gameplay, and the roster and beta leave me feeling cold. Hopefully some decent characters come via DLC and 1v1 turns out fine but I'm having trouble staying positive.

What do you mean by ''real 1v1 gameplay''?

Heres 1v1 gameplay but I dunno if its real or not.

Also 2vs2>1vs1

When did this happen? I totally missed it and appreciate the link. Also, do you mean 2v2 in general or for just this game? Because 2v2 in general feels, well, dumb compared to 1v1.

EDIT: Oh, it was from wednesday. Well, my bad. Still weird it took so long though.

EDIT: Well this stuff already looks way, way better than the mess that was the 1v1v1v1 beta.

When did this happen? I totally missed it and appreciate the link. Also, do you mean 2v2 in general or for just this game? Because 2v2 in general feels, well, dumb compared to 1v1.

EDIT: Oh, it was from wednesday. Well, my bad. Still weird it took so long though.

There has been 1vs1 footage before. Earliest is from EVO way back and then there was some pretty bad offcam footage of a good game with game director Omar vs Clockwork.

2vs2 I really liked in the beta, Seth has told that 2vs2 is favourite inside Superbot and I think it makes more sense with so much AOE potential in many supers. I haven't of course played 1vs1 so I might like, who knows. I also think 1vs1 will have much less viable characters for more advanced play.

There has been 1vs1 footage before. Earliest is from EVO way back and then there was some pretty bad offcam footage of a good game with game director Omar vs Clockwork.

2vs2 I really liked in the beta, Seth has told that 2vs2 is favourite inside Superbot and I think it makes more sense with so much AOE potential in many supers. I haven't of course played 1vs1 so I might like, who knows. I also think 1vs1 will have much less viable characters for more advanced play.

Here's hoping you're wrong about that last bit, considering the last thing I want is randoms online losing my 2v2 game for me.

tkscz

Umm... why are fat princess and evil Cole rivals exactly? Did evil Cole eletricute an entire village or did he make fun of her? It just seems random.

Umm... what are fat princess and evil Cole rivals exactly? Did evil Cole eletricute an entire village or did he make fun of her? It just seems random.

He ate her cake.
image.php

Here's hoping you're wrong about that last bit, considering the last thing I want is randoms online losing my 2v2 game for me.
Play with friend or gaffers :3.

I really shouldn't have put the word randoms in there at all. Anybody losing (or winning) my game for me just rankles. It sucks. That and I barely know anybody into fighters that has a ps3.

Well I ofc hope it's good on both 2vs2 and 1vs1. It's just impossible to tell before people get their hands on the game and it has some serious playtime.

Well I ofc hope it's good on both 2vs2 and 1vs1. It's just impossible to tell before people get their hands on the game and it has some serious playtime.

Really gotta thank you for that footage, though, it's taken me from being totally down on the game to being cautiously optimistic. Rosters still weaksauce though.

Last boss should have been the PS1 demo dinosaur, fighting in the FFVIII ballroom realtime PS2 demo.

I've been constantly joking that it was going to be the PS1 Demo Dinosaur for a long time. It's a shame that he isn't going to be in the game as the final boss, I guess he always has the opportunity for the sequel.

Top Bottom