• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Jak buff? Wtf no way.

I see em all the time. Must be missing them by chance.

It's not like I never see them, but they're very rare. I'm level 326 or something and It takes like 20 or so matches before I see something other than Raiden/Sly/Radec/Drake/Kratos

I'm guaranteed at least two of those in almost every fight. Though I love doing the ballet dodge against Radec's sniper rifle and grabbing him and sitting on him. Take that you Snap dragon!

SmithnCo

I can hold my own usually with him, but I rarely see anyone come in 2nd or 1rst. I can't recall ever seeing someone online winning as Jak.

Yeah, it may just be good for 1v1, but that AoE is a damn good move. He could get trounced by longer projectiles though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I can hold my own usually with him, but I rarely see anyone come in 2nd or 1rst. I can't recall ever seeing someone online winning as Jak.

Jak is a top tier character almost guarantee that. Play with a few on here to see why.

It's not like I never see them, but they're very rare. I'm level 326 or something and It takes like 20 or so matches before I see something other than Raiden/Sly/Radec/Drake/Kratos

I'm guaranteed at least two of those in almost every fight. Though I love doing the ballet dodge against Radec's sniper rifle and grabbing him and sitting on him. Take that you Snap dragon!

Yeah those guys are definitely the most used, but FP is definitely used a fairbit... and again by the end of it, FP will be a top 5 character I'm sure.

KalBalboa

Banned
Jak is a top tier character almost guarantee that. Play with a few on here to see why.

I actually have played with a bunch of GAFers. His Level 1 super is just inferior to most other character's, and he takes a while to reach the AP necessary to even use it. He moves great though and he's a lot of fun to play as.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I actually have played with a bunch of GAFers. His Level 1 super is just inferior to most other character's, and he takes a while to reach the AP necessary to even use it. He moves great though and he's a lot of fun to play as.

Just saying, if you've played with the right jak, you will understand why he does not need a buff whatsoever. He is impossible to combo against if used right, and he's a damn good ranger. This same conversation has been brought up several times in this same thread. If Jak gets a buff, people will be crying for him to be nerfed in a few weeks.

edit- Read this page about halfway down.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45553697&highlight=#post45553697

KalBalboa

Banned
Just saying, if you've played with the right jak, you will understand why he does not need a buff whatsoever. He is impossible to combo against if used right, and he's a damn good ranger. This same conversation has been brought up several times in this same thread. If Jak gets a buff, people will be crying for him to be nerfed in a few weeks.

Do you think any character in the game needs a buff?

edit- checked that link and it seems kind of anecdotal. I'm sure you can get better with him, but you can also get better with any other character in the game to the point where Jak is, again, going to be outclassed. At least that's been my experience with friends and online. I don't think he needs a major change or anything, but maybe if he gained AP 5% faster or something.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Do you think any character in the game needs a buff?

edit- checked that link and it seems kind of anecdotal. I'm sure you can get better with him, but you can also get better with any other character in the game to the point where Jak is, again, going to be outclassed. At least that's been my experience with friends and online. I don't think he needs a major change or anything, but maybe if he gained AP 5% faster or something.

I disagree. Does anyone need a buff? I think Sir Daniel and Big Daddy are border line useless right now. I think pretty much across the board, anybody who doesn't have a hit confirm should get one or should remove the majority of them. Raiden has about 10 hit confirms for his level one. He can hit confirm from a grab, a regular hit, from a combo, etc. It's absolutely ridiculous. Jak is a ridiculously powerful character if you use him right, if he had a buff he would be OP. You have not played the right Jak yet. Does that mean he's harder to learn than say other characters? Sure. I really don't think Kratos is as OP as what people bitch about in here... the one thing is his over square is stupidly accurate, but his specials really aren't all that great IMO. That being said his learning curve is so easy. His combos are jokingly easy, his attacks are super quick and long range. He has a counter, range weapons, good air attacks, can combo from a throw, etc. It's similar to Fat Princess, who if you play the wrong one or tried her you would think she sucks, but she's ridiculously powerful if used properly.

edit- btw anybody ever played against anewvoodoo? What a tool. Guys so high level, talks so much trash, but at the end of the day is terrible at the game.

Have started a rivalry with these guys. Rematched and destroyed them multiple times, but as soon as they win one they just quit right out. Can't stand people who game like this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I disagree. Does anyone need a buff? I think Sir Daniel and Big Daddy are border line useless right now. I think pretty much across the board, anybody who doesn't have a hit confirm should get one or should remove the majority of them. Raiden has about 10 hit confirms for his level one. He can hit confirm from a grab, a regular hit, from a combo, etc. It's absolutely ridiculous. Jak is a ridiculously powerful character if you use him right, if he had a buff he would be OP. You have not played the right Jak yet. Does that mean he's harder to learn than say other characters? Sure. I really don't think Kratos is as OP as what people bitch about in here... the one thing is his over square is stupidly accurate, but his specials really aren't all that great IMO. That being said his learning curve is so easy. His combos are jokingly easy, his attacks are super quick and long range. He has a counter, range weapons, good air attacks, can combo from a throw, etc. It's similar to Fat Princess, who if you play the wrong one or tried her you would think she sucks, but she's ridiculously powerful if used properly.

edit- btw anybody ever played against anewvoodoo? What a tool. Guys so high level, talks so much trash, but at the end of the day is terrible at the game.

Have started a rivalry with these guys. Rematched and destroyed them multiple times, but as soon as they win one they just quit right out. Can't stand people who game like this.

Playstation Battle Royale Ranked Random are shitty anyway. Too many ragequits, too many teabagging, too many kratos and raidens. I have no respect for most of people who played there who behaved so childish.

Sometime I would send few messages to ragequitters and called them out. I always got interesting responses and rage messages. (when I didn't send any)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Playstation Battle Royale Ranked Random are shitty anyway. Too many ragequits, too many teabagging, too many kratos and raidens. I have no respect for most of people who played there who behaved so childish.

Sometime I would send few messages to ragequitters and called them out. I always got interesting responses and rage messages. (when I didn't send any)

Well that's how it all started. They were teabagging after an early lead so we called em out for a rematch and destroyed them. Since then we've run into them in randoms and occasionally we'll lose one. Tonight we ran into them, my friend and cousin(who I always play with) were playing, voodoo lost. He messaged for a rematch. After a few rounds and a win for them they called it a night talkin a ton of trash. Is what it is I guess.

Drencrom

Does teabagging annoy you?

pompidu

Good Cole is far from useless. He is in the higher half of tierlist no question. Dan is useless tho.

Good Cole is great at avoiding supers, Has great lvl 1 since he has very easy hitconfirms to it with side circle and the random finisher of his square square square combo. Be can gain AP by absorbin projectiles with his neutral circle so slow projectile starts are free ap for him (Sackboy, Radec sniper, Spike ect). He has great tools from afar and close. Lvl 2 is good, Lvl 3 is great. He is just a good character.

Absorbing projectiles is useless since 99% of the battles involve raiden or kratos. His lvl1 seems to only work when it wants to and 99% of the time can only get one kill out of it (unlike raiden and kratos where you can get 3). His lvl2 and lvl 3 are very good though.

Absorbing projectiles is useless since 99% of the battles involve raiden or kratos. His lvl1 seems to only work when it wants to and 99% of the time can only get one kill out of it (unlike raiden and kratos where you can get 3). His lvl2 and lvl 3 are very good though.

His level 1 works just fine so I don't know what you are talking about.

Anyone up for some games?

I got my second platinum of this game on Vita. I'm pretty sure I'm 100% done with the single player content now at least before new characters arrive :lol.

plainr_

Hey cool, good to see you alive, thanks again for the art!

No prob. I'm glad to be back. It's torture being a lurker. lol

How come nobody uses Fat Princess? Is there anything that truly sucks about her? She gives me kicks and laughs. I'm slowly going up the ranks. We need to start a Team Girth or some shit for fat princesses to congregate.

Fat Peach is my main fighter. Other than her shitty LVL3, she is beastly.

DigitalOp

Banned
Ill be honest, I kinda forgot this thread got moved but Im still in here lol

Yes, We need Kat and Emmet to show face right.... about..... now....

And when does the Kratos+Raiden nerf patch go live? I wanna see how everything is "balanced" after that

Ill be honest, I kinda forgot this thread got moved but Im still in here lol

Yes, We need Kat and Emmet to show face right.... about..... now....

And when does the Kratos+Raiden nerf patch go live? I wanna see how everything is "balanced" after that

Just give them far less AP gain. That and make the weapon stop homing in. Give some thought to it.

If it was up to me, I'd give Raiden a Sean level nerf just for shits and giggles.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
My four year old girl beat all of us (myself and older siblings) with Raiden multiple times last night. We have a no Kratos policy in my house, except when I said everyone could be Kratos and I played Nariko and won.

We all suck, but I'm learning evil Cole and getting pretty good. I'll never play online, sounds like it would be the same few characters over and over.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I wonder effective Kratos and Raiden would be with a 35% nerf on AP Gain. And Raiden given more startup time on his attacks.

Hopefully that startup could remove his hit confirms.

Yeah, it's a Kratos/Raiden spamfest and just isn't fun. I would be interested in 1v1 ranked though.

1v1 ranked simply can't work in the state it's in right now. Raiden is far too overpowered for 1v1s. Again at the end of the day his hit confirms are ridiculous. Put it this way. He can start his combo with a grab, sapping your ap and giving it to him, he can combo you a bit building more ap for him, finally he can hit confirm and kill you. At the end of this you've lost AP, he's gained almost all of his, and you're down by a kill. Nobody else has anything that ridiculously powerful.

Hopefully that startup could remove his hit confirms.

1v1 ranked simply can't work in the state it's in right now. Raiden is far too overpowered for 1v1s. Again at the end of the day his hit confirms are ridiculous. Put it this way. He can start his combo with a grab, sapping your ap and giving it to him, he can combo you a bit building more ap for him, finally he can hit confirm and kill you. At the end of this you've lost AP, he's gained almost all of his, and you're down by a kill. Nobody else has anything that ridiculously powerful.

If I see another Raiden and Kratos Combo, I'm gonna use the laggers anthem. 3kb will be my download my connection speed is wack. I got that NAT TYPE 3. Hell if I get another Raiden player, I'm gonna jack wifi from my neighbor neighbor neighbors router. I'm going to make them all think I got Internet from Cricket with 900 ms. I almost want to make a new account just to be known as the legendary lagger.

Thanks for the games, Napalm. Sorry about your belt. :/

Btw, what would be the best way to approach a Sly that sets up a trap (cardboard double of himself). No matter what i try as Drake, it always results in him teleporting behind me and smacking me and i'm none the wiser. It would be fine if it only countered melee attacks, but it's the same with projectile based attacks. I'm not really sure what i'm supposedto do in that situation. What's the weakness of the move, is it time limited or something, like Evil Cole's trap?

Edit: Do grabs work?

SmithnCo

Nice, win a match and have "one-button" Raiden disconnect on me.

Anyway, I feel like this needed a clan system or something to invigorate it a little more. Average clan's scores for a leaderboard would have been fun. A sequel needs something like this, and lobbies with spectate.

I actually thought the nerfs were too much for a long time there and stopped using him. I still think he needs to be looked at, but the nerfs weren't as detrimental to my game as I thought, can still get to that level 3 most matches. But I've started to opt for level 1s more often, you can get people with the ele pad most times

LOL, I hate level 1. I guess the pad is the definite key to landing it, huh?

Sigh, I haven't played this since the tournament I went to. I'm just in a slump. Maybe I'll wait until the patch to pick it up again...

Hey guys, I got this with my new Vita for Christmas. I'm super nooby at it still, but it seems really fun. I'd like to play multiplayer with some of you guys sometime, add me!

PSN ID: SOGInferno

Has anyone complained about evil cole yet. I swear I have the worst luck with match ups, where I'm dead center of the map and they're just spamming their fireballs.

SmithnCo

Has anyone complained about evil cole yet. I swear I have the worst luck with match ups, where I'm dead center of the map and they're just spamming their fireballs.

I don't see many online, the most popular BY FAR is Kratos. Evil Cole is a little less good up close, but you have to watch out for his charged punch.

I used to use Evil Cole because he had fun combos, but I had to rely on the charged punch all the time and it took a while to build meter, so I switched to Sweet Tooth.

OmegaZero

I've never had an issue with their fireballs. Just head one direction while evading through rolls, jump dodges, or whatever.

That charge punch on the other hand....
It's easy to counter the E.Coles that just throw it out, but the ones that bait you into getting hit by it make me rage sometimes.

SmithnCo

Sweet Tooth is fun in FFA, he builds the level 1 so fast and it has a confirm as well. The mine is a great escape weapon or trap. That 2 is so garbage though, I'm sure they designed it so that you take a risk by going for the 3, because you give up about 4 level 1s once you get that 2.

Sweet Tooth is fun in FFA, he builds the level 1 so fast and it has a confirm as well. The mine is a great escape weapon or trap. That 2 is so garbage though, I'm sure they designed it so that you take a risk by going for the 3, because you give up about 4 level 1s once you get that 2.

I've said it many times, but my record is 9 kills with Sweet's Super 3 :D

I love Sweet Tooth

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I've been feeling nostalgic for the times of speculation and joking around, back when we barely knew anything about this game. I hope we get another sequel, if just for another round of that.

Top Bottom