• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Would it be ok for you guys if old Snake was a costume for Raiden instead of a character?

Haha, I kinda wanted that TBH, it could be a callback to
the Raikov mask from MGS3

Besides Gray Fox, theres

Raikov

n6tcnql6.jpg

normal_mgs220~0.jpg

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patr.jpg

0_(77).jpg

Also besides Hakama Pants theres this: Heihachi the Hunter? Tribal HeiHachi?
ttt2_heihachi__s_alternate_outfit_by_kevindmv-d5dimcj.jpg

I also would like an Electro-style costume for Cole and Evil Cole, but that is impossible
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110103201028/spiderman/images/f/fe/Ultimate_Electro_SD.jpg

OMG OMG OMG I WAS PLAYING AND IT THE GAME FROZE, AND THEN THE PS3 TURNED OFF AND BEEPED 3 TIMES, AND THEN THE RED LIGHT WAS BLINKING!!

What happened?? I'm so scared, I'm so scared.

Step

OMG OMG OMG I WAS PLAYING AND IT THE GAME FROZE, AND THEN THE PS3 TURNED OFF AND BEEPED 3 TIMES, AND THEN THE RED LIGHT WAS BLINKING!!

What happened?? I'm so scared, I'm so scared.

That happens to me pretty much all the time when browsing, I guess because the ps3 was forced to turn off, it will show you a warning just let it check and restore the files the next time you boot it.

TheMink

That happens to me pretty much all the time when browsing, I guess because the ps3 was forced to turn off, it will show you a warning just let it check and restore the files the next time you boot it.

Yeah it will restore your files then you will be right as rain.
People who played Skyrim on ps3 are quite familiar with this screen.

Ryce

If there was ever a third batch of downloadable costumes, I think it'd be interesting to see crossover outfits in the vein of Street Fighter X Tekken.

Skyzard

Banned
Has it been crashing more than previously for you guys?

Although I didn't used to play much on PS3 but I see it crashing quite often these days :/ Most of the time you hear the disc skipping and there is a black screen (after the match). Usually just the game crashes as I can still exit normally - although I just did that and it crashed the PS3 lol. Sometimes the PS3 hard crashes straight away.

Doesn't save level-ups quite often as well (usually when I get loads of bonus points for completing targets) - separate to when it crashes.

-=-==-=-=--

Just had the first game (FFA ranked) where everyone got quite a lot of kills 9+ Pretty hectic, so fun when it matches you with a group that has quite close skill levels.

The only reason I would mind Snake appearing as a Raiden alt costume is because his moves won't apply at all :/

And that tribal Heihachi pic is bad ass.

Also Kratos is more powerful in this than the Ascension demo I played yesterday. He's not as annoying as Raiden or Evil Cole though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Although I didn't used to play much on PS3 but I see it crashing quite often these days :/ Most of the time you hear the disc skipping and there is a black screen (after the match). Usually just the game crashes as I can still exit normally - although I just did that and it crashed the PS3 lol. Sometimes the PS3 hard crashes straight away.

Doesn't save level-ups quite often as well (usually when I get loads of bonus points for completing targets) - separate to when it crashes.

-=-==-=-=--

Just had the first game (FFA ranked) where everyone got quite a lot of kills 9+ Pretty hectic, so fun when it matches you with a group that has quite close skill levels.

The only reason I would mind Snake appearing as a Raiden alt costume is because his moves won't apply at all :/

And that tribal Heihachi pic is bad ass.

Also Kratos is more powerful in this than the Ascension demo I played yesterday. He's not as annoying as Raiden or Evil Cole though.

Like I said a page back... Superbot literally makes the game worse with new patches. This time it's a freezing glitch at the matchup screen.

Step

Like I said a page back... Superbot literally makes the game worse with new patches. This time it's a freezing glitch at the matchup screen.

To be fair, at least now the rival stage has music for me and they added another song for it too.

OwlyKnees

So... has Superbot or anyone ever made mention of why you typically only see three-four stages per play session?

I swear, I can play for hours and I'll only get the same three or four levels over and over. If I switch it off and play again later in the day, it'll be another set of three to four repeating. Little frustrating, as it adds to the repetition. I might add that I only play unranked 2v2, so that may be a reason.

Still not cool, though.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Enjoy, Face it Tiger..! Drake is a fun starting character btw.

:( here's hoping upcoming patches are plentiful/thorough..

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So... has Superbot or anyone ever made mention of why you typically only see three-four stages per play session?

I swear, I can play for hours and I'll only get the same three or four levels over and over. If I switch it off and play again later in the day, it'll be another set of three to four repeating. Little frustrating, as it adds to the repetition. I might add that I only play unranked 2v2, so that may be a reason.

Still not cool, though.

I hate this, you get stuck on a rotation and your stuck with the same stages over and over. I hate time station and sandover, so when those keep popping up it's awful.

TheMink

Original 40GB Spiderman bundled fatty

I always skip the restore process. Maybe I should let it restore?

I've just never had the light flash red for me.

Anywho, everything seems fine now.

You can skip the restore? Huh, it says i might take hours but ive never had it take longer than 5 min.

The the flashing red light was a common occurrence with Skyrim. It should be totally fine.

Doesn't save level-ups quite often as well (usually when I get loads of bonus points for completing targets) - separate to when it crashes./QUOTE]

Mine has crashed a couple times like that, but it hasn't happened in awhile. The second bug you described, though, happens to me ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I'll gain like 70 levels for getting 67,000 RP or something but the game never saves the levels I gain; when I go back to the character select screen (it's only ever happened online), it's like I never gained the levels at all.

I can't verify this, of course, but I've come to think that it's because even when it says you earned all that RP by completing goals, you didn't actually do it -- that the bug itself is in telling you that you got all that RP, not in giving it to you and not saving it. My guess is that once you get all that RP you didn't really earn, the game figures it out once you end the match and resets drops you back to what you're actually supposed to be at.

Like I said, I don't know for sure if I'm right or not, but 60,000+ RP seems like way too much RP to legitimately gain from one match.

Drakeon

So, I just picked this up on my Vita from the PS Plus sale, and have almost platinum'd it, I just need the friendly competition trophy, any of you fine folks able to assist me for a quick minute with that?

SmithnCo

Haha, Awesome games J. I almost felt bad for them during that last match.

I tried to use Nariko a few times but she isn't that great... Her first two supers are just terrible. Her chain pull doesn't combo into her good BnB either which sucks.

Step

So, I just picked this up on my Vita from the PS Plus sale, and have almost platinum'd it, I just need the friendly competition trophy, any of you fine folks able to assist me for a quick minute with that?

Do you still need help with the trophy?

KalBalboa

Banned

Fun as hell, isn't it? Perfect for a portable, too. I got my Vita platinum during breaks at the office.

KalBalboa

Banned
Yes it is, loving it so far. Loving Nathan Drake. Did his level 1 super change? I thought I had been kicking a barrel for it, but now its a propane tank? was that part of an update?

No, that barrel is is standard circle move. You can do it from mid-air, too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I gotta to love superbot and their glitchy patches. Ever since I updated the game with recently patch. My PS3 got frozen three times. Seriously, who would release those garbage patches with a lot of glitches and bugs.

Haha, Awesome games J. I almost felt bad for them during that last match.

I tried to use Nariko a few times but she isn't that great... Her first two supers are just terrible. Her chain pull doesn't combo into her good BnB either which sucks.

Ha yeah we started to be pretty solid there. Our 1 v 1 games were the perfect combination of frustrating and fun haha.
I'm starting to really get the hang on Spike now that I mostly use his level 1 super. He's not too shabby at all

Redhood

Hey gaf I need help with the Versus trophy. Can we schedule some matches? My time zone is 4+ GMT. PSN ID is barry_matharoo add me. just write that you are from GAF. I play this on vita!

Also Has anyone seen this video of alpha version of playstation battle royale when it was called title fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiaDSmbgyMg

My fav so far would be Either Kat or Nariko.

Hey gaf I need help with the Versus trophy. Can we schedule some matches? My time zone is 4+ GMT. PSN ID is barry_matharoo add me. just write that you are from GAF. I play this on vita!

Also Has anyone seen this video of alpha version of playstation battle royale when it was called title fight!

What! That looked a lot better... Wow, that Uncharted level.

Skyzard

Banned
The train stage looks pretty decent, what happened :(

Drake needs a better alternative outfit to be honest. Heihachi is still a pain to play on Vita (with his quick circle to square moves) - managed to get used to it with PS3 somewhat thankfully.

Strange this game's UI gets so much hate from people who never have to use or see it.

SmithnCo

I'm surprised they didn't reuse at least part of the train stage, it looked really good. More "Uncharted" than the plane one I think.

Camjo-Z

I'm surprised they didn't reuse at least part of the train stage, it looked really good. More "Uncharted" than the plane one I think.

I don't think what they showed in that video was actually all that playable, it seems like it would have been difficult to make a competitive fighting game with all the stuff going on. Either that or the super mechanic hadn't actually been implemented yet, Fat Princess throwing Kratos into the screen seemed more fitting for a Smash-style game.

Also I think I might be getting God of War: Ascension, which is weird because I never actually liked GoW that much. The multiplayer beta was fun tho and the free Zeus and Isaac thing pushed me over the edge, so you win this time Sony marketing.

Also I think I might be getting God of War: Ascension, which is weird because I never actually liked GoW that much. The multiplayer beta was fun tho and the free Zeus and Isaac thing pushed me over the edge, so you win this time Sony marketing.

This needs to happen in EU too, i've had GOW:A pre-ordered for a while now and free Isaac and Zeus would sweeten the deal.

Step

Seriously, I never had Sony ads in my country but now I'm watching GoW:A ads everytime, the ads + the dlcs characters closed the deal.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Wow I forgot about this trailer... there was a ton there that didn't make the cut. Looks like they were playing different types of game modes. I wonder what the hell happened along the way that all of that had to be cut.

Skyzard

Banned
It's gonna cost like £7.99 for the set going on the previous dlc pack. Not too bad I guess.

Btw if it glitches during connection and gives you a different character sometimes you can play with a costume that you don't have - just played with Kat's new dlc after choosing Heihachi - who is SO good now that I know about forward square. Can hold his own with Kratos - the knockdown usually gets most people (only a small chance to roll away). I wish they'd replace all the hitconfirms with that - like 10-15ms to roll? Anyway, no more of that silly stomp charge slide - which is a hit confirm but it's so rarely works...they could leave it in :) (and other tough ones).

OwlyKnees

This needs to happen in EU too, i've had GOW:A pre-ordered for a while now and free Isaac and Zeus would sweeten the deal.

Has there been any word from the EU PS-Blog? Confirmed/denied/no comment? I guess not, as it would surely be something worth advertising if they had any intention.

Also getting GOW:A, so it would be a fantastic bonus.

Top Bottom