• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Ryuhza

Banned
Hey, check it out you guys. There's a big collaborative effort that's started up on the official PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale forums to get Crash and/or Spyro in the game.

The members, rather than making complaint threads, screaming for nerfs, or demanding that the Halo guy be in the game, have actually put together a surprisingly strong collective effort to get their voice heard by Activision, Santa Monica Studios, and Sony. The effort is growing fast and we'd like to keep it going lest it dies off.

Even if none of you are interested in having Crash or Spyro in the game, I still urge you to give this a bit of your time, just to help the voice of the community be heard in way that can't be ignored. Details and easy ways to help are in the above link. Please lend a hand.

Camjo-Z

Hey, check it out you guys. There's a big collaborative effort that's started up on the official PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale forums to get Crash and/or Spyro in the game.

The members, rather than making complaint threads, screaming for nerfs, or demanding that the Halo guy be in the game, have actually put together a surprisingly strong collective effort to get their voice heard by Activision, Santa Monica Studios, and Sony. The effort is growing fast and we'd like to keep it going lest it dies off.

Even if none of you are interested in having Crash or Spyro in the game, I still urge you to give this a bit of your time, just to help the voice of the community be heard in way that can't be ignored. Details and easy ways to help are in the above link. Please lend a hand.

Is there really a point to doing this though? Everybody and their grandmother has known Crash was the number one character everybody wanted in the game. I summed my thoughts up in an earlier post:

The problem isn't that Activision isn't aware that people want Crash and Spyro, it's that they don't want to let Sony use them. I have no idea why not, I would think that they'd make plenty of cash seeing as they're THE most requested characters.

So while it's nice to think that this will make a difference, it's not like Operation Rainfall where the company involved didn't realize how much interest there was - they just don't want to do it.

Ryuhza

Banned
At the very least, we'd like to get to a point where Santa Monica Studios can't just blow us off. We've gotten a couple tweet responses, but it isn't enough.

Skyzard

Banned
Had a pretty funny bugged game just now where a Kratos couldn't perform his super, I thought I had ninja timing but nothing was happening when he tried it. First time I saw that.

Has there been any word from the EU PS-Blog? Confirmed/denied/no comment? I guess not, as it would surely be something worth advertising if they had any intention.

Also getting GOW:A, so it would be a fantastic bonus.

Unfortunately no, the only thing i've read about it so far is Seth's comment on the US blog:

+ s6-Boi on February 27th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

will this be the same in the uk when i buy god of war ascension?

+ Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

I hope so, but I don’t know the details of what’s happening in the UK and European territories yet–my understanding is that they are still under discussion, but let them know what you want :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...nfinished-swan-level/comment-page-2/#comments

Doesn't look very likely, but fingers crossed.

OmegaZero

So I'm trying out something with Emmet:

Use his revolver twirling opening.
Use his revolver twirling taunt.
Use the ending where he blows on his revolver.

Use only his revolver and throws until Level 2 or 3.

It's been hilarious so far.

pantsmith

Was doing a bit of reading up on the game's development (my fingers are still crossed for a sequel) and was surprised to learn that Naughty Dog was actually posed to make the game, before responsibilities shifted to Superbot.

Naughty Dog specifically evokes a certain orange marsupial in jean shorts (they've been pretty open about wanting him back in their hands), and it wouldn't surprise me that the reason we haven't heard much on the Crash end of things (the most obvious absence on the roster) is that they aren't just negotiating to use him- they're negotiating for his rights back entirely. All-Stars would have been a great game, if not the perfect game, to show off getting their hands back on him, so it seems strange that we don't have a definite answer on him- you would think he'd be the first person they started working towards getting into the game.

I know this sounds like wishful thinking, but I'll take it one step further: what if we've yet to hear anything because they want to save him as a surprise for the PS4 at E3- not just for the game but for Sony in general? Crash is probably their biggest nostalgia card, and would help combat whatever Nintendo and Microsoft have up their sleeves. Obviously Spyro is out of the picture for the time being, but Crash might be worth the money to Naughty Dog AND Sony.

Gorillaz

Was doing a bit of reading up on the game's development (my fingers are still crossed for a sequel) and was surprised to learn that Naughty Dog was actually posed to make the game, before responsibilities shifted to Superbot.

Naughty Dog specifically evokes a certain orange marsupial in jean shorts (they've been pretty open about wanting him back in their hands), and it wouldn't surprise me that the reason we haven't heard much on the Crash end of things (the most obvious absence on the roster) is that they aren't just negotiating to use him- they're negotiating for his rights back entirely. All-Stars would have been a great game, if not the perfect game, to show off getting their hands back on him, so it seems strange that we don't have a definite answer on him- you would think he'd be the first person they started working towards getting into the game.

I know this sounds like wishful thinking, but I'll take it one step further: what if we've yet to hear anything because they want to save him as a surprise for the PS4 at E3- not just for the game but for Sony in general? Crash is probably their biggest nostalgia card, and would help combat whatever Nintendo and Microsoft have up their sleeves. Obviously Spyro is out of the picture for the time being, but Crash might be worth the money to Naughty Dog AND Sony.

Well...Activiison was at the PS4 meeting....that doesn't mean much but that could be a positive.

Also I wondered about them buying back full rights to crash myself. It's something that really needs to be done on Sony's part. Also holy shit I couldn't imagine ND making a new Crash Bandicoot.

OmegaZero

I guess they like to learn things the hard way.

Thats beautiful

It's actually pretty fun.
I'm really doing it as an exercise in pattern-recognization, as that's always been a weak point of mine when it comes to fighters. Reading through an opponent's moves and repeatedly catching them with revolver shots makes me feel badass.
It's an interesting move too, as its diagonal shots have much longer range then the neutral shots, making it a useful tool in the air (or when someone's air-recovering).

I've lost more or less the same amount of matches I've won (which overall isn't much since I get disconnected from matches constantly due to my terrible internet or the host quitting), but I feel like I'm getting better. I've noticed that people initially assume that I'm immediately going to throw down a turret or drop and chase me around, leaving themselves open to revolver shots.

My only regret is that I had to finish a few matches with his shotgun kill-confirm to win them.

Ryuhza

Banned
Well...Activiison was at the PS4 meeting....that doesn't mean much but that could be a positive.

Also I wondered about them buying back full rights to crash myself. It's something that really needs to be done on Sony's part. Also holy shit I couldn't imagine ND making a new Crash Bandicoot.

Dang, now you're going to get me all hopeful. Especially with Santa Monica Studio's ambiguous twitter responses to requests for Crash and Spyro, like this recent one.

Picture the new PS4 Trailer being shown at E3, then

"I'd like to make a small addition to the team....

the lights go out and the Crash theme plays"
The words
"Crash Bandicoot" by Naughty Dog." appear on screen.

ON PS4!

People go frigging insane!

Sponge

Banned
Anybody catch SSM replying to my tweet?

https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/307898219524931584

Sponge said:
@SonySantaMonica If the rumor about Abe was true please don't cancel him, It'd be an absolute shame to lose an all-star like Abe.

Sony Santa Monica said:
@SpongeTheSquid incredible game and character, we have the highest respect for Abe

Dang, now you're going to get me all hopeful. Especially with Santa Monica Studio's ambiguous twitter responses to requests for Crash and Spyro, like this recent one.

If people are gonna do petitions to SSM about Crash, they should straight up done one for Sony to buy Crash. Maybe even some kinda Kickstarter to give Sony the money to do it.

Interesting replies on Twitter. I just tweeted at them about hoping that Zeus and Isaac aren't the last All-Stars, and about how awesome it would be (though not entirely up to them) to get an FF character like Lightning or Cloud. Wonder if I'll get a reply.

Skyzard

Banned
You've gotten our hopes up now pantsmith :p

---non stop crashes --__--

---ps3 laser error I think, drive seems okay. Need to open it up and clean it :( Might have been what was causing the errors... or the errors might have caused it (only thing I used my PS3 for) :p

Glad I have a backup on Vita!

Camjo-Z

Guys, Sony's giving out Wild ARMs and Patchwork Heroes for free... clearly this means Rudy Roughknight and Titori are the next All-Stars! Get hyped!

Rudy_Roughnight.jpg
Titori_patchwork_heroes_by_sugod31-d4bolzk.jpg

Guys, Sony's giving out Wild ARMs and Patchwork Heroes for free... clearly this means Rudy Roughknight and Titori are the next All-Stars! Get hyped!

Foolish fool! They are obviously gearing up for Patapon character! I guess you should get 'The Guide for Succesful Marketing for PS All-Stars'.

Ryuhza

Banned
I'm fine with anyone as long as the execution is solid. However, I would like to see characters that would boost the game's popularity, like... well Crash.

Qwell

Hate to be that guy, but would anyone mind joining a versus game with me so I can snag the trophy, its the only online trophy I'm missing and none of my other friends have the game. PSN = Qwell and I'll be online for a bit, and feel free to add me for anything else. Been doing PC stuff mostly as of late, but I'm also on my vita quite a bit.

Qwell

Yah I just got my plat for the Vita tonight, and I could have sworn it worked using remote play so I was going to finish the PS3 version while watching TV with the wife, but alas, no remote play for the PS3 version :(

KalBalboa

Banned
Yah I just got my plat for the Vita tonight, and I could have sworn it worked using remote play so I was going to finish the PS3 version while watching TV with the wife, but alas, no remote play for the PS3 version :(

Yeah, someone said on these boards it supported Remote Play which had me pretty excited. I got my Vita platinum within a week or so of owning the game but only got the PS3 one last week.

Wait, really? The PSN update hit?

Oh, you know what? My bad. I think I misunderstood A.E Suggs's post above to mean that the costumes weren't released today, when all they actually meant was that the costumes weren't "revealed" today on the PS Blog or whatever. The PS Store updates never hit this early, so yeah, they're surely still coming today.

I'm busy from 6-10pm EST (the store will no way update before then) so you all better be posting pictures when the costumes do get revealed!

Ryce

It's so strange how SuperBot/Sony releases DLC for this game with absolutely no fanfare -- not even with a formal announcement. Sure, they're just minions and costumes, but a blog post letting everyone know that new stuff is coming wouldn't hurt. We only knew about the previous content through the Japanese site.

Step

And is not like they don't do formal announcements with LBP costumes, PSASBR should have more or at least the same treatment as LBP

J-Tier

Eh, not necessarily. As much as I love All-Stars, LittleBigPlanet sells far better and is thus a much more important property to Sony.

Which is odd. A game that has all of their properties together relegated to experimental low budget title. I love the game, but that fact still disappoints me.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what comes out of today's update.

Step

So he meant next tuesday after the 19th DLC, oh well that kinda sucks but at least that means there is something beyond Zeus and Isaac.

Top Bottom