• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Maybe after the game goes free for PS+ members something will pop up....

:'(

PS this page so far is such a throwback to classic PSAS Gaf haha

KalBalboa

Banned
My roomies and I play about once a week now. I used to be online 4 days a week, but a lot of games have come out since last fall. My pile of shame now includes Bioshock Infinite.

DigitalOp

Banned
Ill admit.. I fell of the community a while ago too.

While I still played it, I haven't been back to check it out in the past 2 weeks.

Despite how it did financially, I really do believe Sony will do a sequel sometime during the PS4's life. When the game gets to Plus, I can see the community getting a good sized jolt

KalBalboa

Banned
Honestly, this game is funnest when played with friends who aren't die hards. I'll always pick a character I stink with and my friends will gravitate to their normals, and we usually have close matches.

Online 2 v 2 was always a blast too. I love having cross play at my finger tips.

J-Tier

Honestly, this game is funnest when played with friends who aren't die hards. I'll always pick a character I stink with and my friends will gravitate to their normals, and we usually have close matches.

Online 2 v 2 was always a blast too. I love having cross play at my finger tips.

Truth. I still play this game locally with friends.

So this community is dead huh? Fine! I dont need you anyways! I'll start my own PS All Stars OT. With blackjack and hookers!

Man, I got beaten by my friends Isaac. Isaac is one of the safest characters ingame.

netguy503

I'm currently downloading a 1124 MB patch for this game. Haven't played it in awhile but have played it since the Dead Space DLC so it's not that. Can anyone tell me what that's about???

Hope it makes arcade mode more bearable as I haven't platted this game yet because of it. :/

SmithnCo

I'm currently downloading a 1124 MB patch for this game. Haven't played it in awhile but have played it since the Dead Space DLC so it's not that. Can anyone tell me what that's about???

Hope it makes arcade mode more bearable as I haven't platted this game yet because of it. :/

A balance patch. Nothing real big, really, the patches are just really big because they include previous ones.

netguy503

A balance patch. Nothing real big, really, the patches are just really big because they include previous ones.

This game is kinda bad and doesn't deserve the HDD space it takes up. Yea, the patch didn't add new trophies or anything. I think I'm done with this game. :/

SSReborn

The Gods of Santa Monica have abandoned us, now there is no hope..

g14--article_image.jpg

This game is kinda bad and doesn't deserve the HDD space it takes up. Yea, the patch didn't add new trophies or anything. I think I'm done with this game. :/

Actually the game deletes all the old patches. So game's size is about 1128 MB max.

Then again..... It is still stupid practise..... Redownloading everything is stupid........

TheMink

The most fun i had with this game is when I played 4 player local.

As soon as it gets competitive it loses its fun because you get people posting the same balance list evey page. As has been proven to us by being completely ignored, every list was a complete waste of time as i knew it would be.

I have no issue with wishful balance lists as they are somewhat enjoyable to make, but coupled with the amount of complaining this thread was filled with was staggering. (Additionally people with limited to no fighting game experience were the most vocal. As is usually the case ironically. If you lose every match i wouldnt be surprised if you wanted to complain about crap thats OP. An exageration maybe, but im almost certain its a contributing factor. Those posters dont post anymore though.)

I grew more and more irritated every time someone said anything along the lines of "all they have to do is this this this this this and the problem will be fixed!"

It just doesnt make sense. An entire team dedicated to making this game good couldnt balance the game even after 2 patches.
But one guy on the internet has it figured out yo.

I look at lists, i think "thats logical" but the reality is we dont have any idea what the snowball effect is of those changes.

I get the frustrations, i really do, i mean how is it possible to miss the fact that Toro is virtually useless. Didnt take 10 days of playing the game to realize that.

But all the complaining just sucked the life out of my desire to continue playing. Everyone taking a game so seriously that, quite frankly, wasnt ever going to be highly competitive.

Ironically i think the online component of this game is what did it in. Obviously you couldnt possibly consider not having online in this day and age, but at the same time the only reason a character or method of playing is so irritating is becuase it keeps happening to you in a competative nature.
I didnt even know Meta Knight was OP until i read it online. Because i never played really seriously, didnt research, didnt capture frame data and if i only played local how would i ever know?
You know because someone who does take the game serious shows it.
You play 4 player at home nobody gives a crap because stuff just happens.

Aaaaaannnnywaaay guess thats it.

Camjo-Z

I have no issue with wishful balance lists as they are somewhat enjoyable to make, but coupled with the amount of complaining this thread was filled with was staggering. (Additionally people with limited to no fighting game experience were the most vocal. As is usually the case ironically. If you lose every match i wouldnt be surprised if you wanted to complain about crap thats OP. An exageration maybe, but im almost certain its a contributing factor. Those posters dont post anymore though.)

I grew more and more irritated every time someone said anything along the lines of "all they have to do is this this this this this and the problem will be fixed!"

It just doesnt make sense. An entire team dedicated to making this game good couldnt balance the game even after 2 patches.
But one guy on the internet has it figured out yo.

I look at lists, i think "thats logical" but the reality is we dont have any idea what the snowball effect is of those changes.

I disagree. There were things we've all been saying since Day 1 that consistently went ignored for seemingly no reason other than favoritism regarding characters. Even in BETA people were pointing out how broken Kratos and Sly were and the only responses were "you can block and punish!" or "Sly can't block or roll, he's balanced!" Then the full game came out and even more cheap characters were discovered like Raiden, Evil Cole, and Sackboy (who was arguably THE most broken character in the game at launch). Instead of taking player feedback into account, they instead implemented patches that bizarrely took Sackboy from top to bottom tier (then later brought him back up to mid tier through a BUG), made Raiden even better than he was before, and gave Evil Cole and Kratos meaningless slaps on the wrist just to piss off people hoping they'd be changed.

They then proceeded to do increasingly dumb things like make the already mid/low-tier characters Nariko and Toro even worse than before (which has made Toro the de facto joke character of the game), add a second God of War character that nobody asked for and seems to only be there to make Big Daddy look even worse, and release large patches that manage to break something EVERY TIME whether it be menu music, credits, or whatever.

All sense of skill has been systematically stripped from the game, because when I play the game now I know that I either lost or won solely based on what characters were chosen. The balance is that bad. Superbot (and by extension, SSM) have done a horrible job supporting PSAS in the way it needed it most, balance. No one suggests that they have all the answers, but to see the devs consistently disregard calls for much-needed buffs and nerfs from the fanbase has been extremely aggravating.

TheMink

I dont know if my post was too subtle, but i dont care to argue with you on this subject. Im quite aware of the issues.

I had the most fun when winning mattered the least.

The more you scrutinize it, the less fun you will have.

I dont know if my post was too subtle, but i dont care to argue with you on this subject. Im quite aware of the issues.

That's why I use Sir Dan. I never win, but I have a heck of a lot of fun playing.

Camjo-Z

I wasn't looking to argue, I hope it didn't come off that way. I just wanted to make it clear WHY there's so much complaining from people like me - I've never seen a serious fighting game with quite this many balance issues before. When I see things like the SimCity debacle, I see people getting outraged for a short period and then forgetting about it, and nothing ever happens. Until the day SSM says "we're not supporting PSAS anymore" I'll be glad to keep letting them know what the problems are and how it can be improved.

And it's hard not to scrutinize it when every ranked/unranked match I play these days is two assholes playing top tiers and quitting if they start to lose.

We should have more FFA GAF games just for shits and giggles. My spam Toro is unbeatable after all, to hell with tier lists.

I'd be up for this. My Toro will make your Toro feel the sting of a thousand scorpions!

I dunno if I can play with you because of timezone etc.
But mine PSN: aakkonen
Also you can add that you are from Gaf if I dont recognize name. :I

We really should do Toro - Sir Dan - Jak -Nariko/Big Daddy matches.
:p

I STILL haven't had the chance to play with you guys, so I'd love to if we can still eke any more life out of this game. I may be terrible at it, but it'd still be fun.

What time do you guys usually play?

I'd be down for some games if Nariko is actually feasible, lol.

I played using Radec against Nariko level 5 AI on 1v1.

10 lives.

She didnt get ANY kills. :p

(And I tested with Toro aswell. He atleast got some kills XP)

Oh, I dont have any specific time of playing. Soooo.... Yeah

TheMink

I wasn't looking to argue, I hope it didn't come off that way. I just wanted to make it clear WHY there's so much complaining from people like me - I've never seen a serious fighting game with quite this many balance issues before. When I see things like the SimCity debacle, I see people getting outraged for a short period and then forgetting about it, and nothing ever happens. Until the day SSM says "we're not supporting PSAS anymore" I'll be glad to keep letting them know what the problems are and how it can be improved.

And it's hard not to scrutinize it when every ranked/unranked match I play these days is two assholes playing top tiers and quitting if they start to lose.

I'd be up for this. My Toro will make your Toro feel the sting of a thousand scorpions!

Well I wasnt even really talking about you in particular. Most posters (not you) just come off as hateful complainers. I havent seen them round these parts in the better part of a decade though.

Im actually really entertained by your ballence lists.
Its nice because its based on actual data. Not just a gut feeling.

6 months of experience!

Mink, maybe you would like to play with us sometimes and maybe get actual community alive here?

Frankly, I want more players. I kinda prefer 3+ people on multiplayer games.

TheMink

6 months of experience!

Mink, maybe you would like to play with us sometimes and maybe get actual community alive here?

Frankly, I want more players. I kinda prefer 3+ people on multiplayer games.

I absolutely would, im just so busy. >.<

We will make something happen for sure. Havent played in half a decade.

Top Bottom