• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Mine's K. VLR GAF UNITE!

I wish I could play right now, but I've gotta study all night. Some other time... :(
Awesome, I have Siggy.

I think he'd be okay if they either made him not able to change direction mid combo, or lowered the time between hits. Good Kratos players are real good.

I'm pretty rusty, your Jak is awesome though.

Yeah, good Kratos players are ungodly (pun intended) good. Like, make you not want to play anymore good.

Thanks, when you play as just one character, you either get really good or you find someone else to favor.

Hit me up whenever you want to play more. I'm always open for some team-based fun.

Aceun

Just wanted to echo what Mink said. The "online" portion of the game does make me wonder if there is a certain charm that's lost.

Looking back, the best moments I've had were playing along 3 people who I knew well. The game became less about the mechanics and more about understanding how the other players approached their characters. It was the meta game that became really fascinating not the second-to-second core mechanics.

I also love the moments when I discover someone playing "rare" character and losing badly because I was just not used to fighting against that playstyle. It made me remember just how diverse the the character roster really is.

I am starting to wonder if this is the case of Internet killed the All-Star. From the initial deflated hype due to leaks, to the incessant whining/unfair comparisons, and entitled balance requests, it all created a very tough platform for this game to whether the storm.

Yet, it still makes me optimistic because on the couch you can still have so much fun. I smile when I hear Jak's theme in Sandover. I love hearing "P to the A to the R to the A." The snarky quips from Dante and Cole as they finish you off with their level 1s. There's still so many magic moments that keep happening. I keep going back to All Stars, because at its core it does a lot of things right and the charm... has always been there.

I-hate-u

Hey I was wondering if anyone can help me get the friendly competition trophy. None of my online friends have it so it would be much appreciated.

Zen

Banned
Still loving the game, character imbalance only really matters at the highest level where everyone is very close in terms of refinement. A lot of that big patch had good steps in the right direction, but even if they stopped patching it at that, I've gotten more than my money out of it. Still playing a few matches a week.

yf1luAZ.jpg

Step

After the Yakuza 1+2 announcement for Wii U, it would be so scary the meltdowns if Kazuma joined SSB intead of PSASBR, just like we lost Snake.

After the Yakuza 1+2 announcement for Wii U, it would be so scary the meltdowns if Kazuma joined SSB intead of PSASBR, just like we lost Snake.

Eeeeeeeeh not really? Yakuza is not that big. Definately not Metal Gear big.

Honestly, who could be true surprise character anyways? I think even Bayonetta wouldnt be that surprising.

Spyro for Smash since Skylanders sells ok enough. I would say Crash buuuuuuut he is a goner.

I know but it would be like the ultimate insult to injury.

Meh. I said Yakuza is not that big anyways. So it really wouldnt be "ultimate" insult.

Besides we wouldnt be even injuried. We are already dead because of Fat P getting too much love, announcing Evil Cole as seperate character, New! Dante, Bioshock commercials, making Sir Dan shitty, making Kratos OP, adding Zeus because fuck us, Isaac being cheap because he isnt finished, Emmett lol, nerfing Jak & Nariko, buffing Raiden, glitches, not getting Snake even thou we should since we got 2nd rep DLC, no Cloud, no Spyro, no Crash & not even bothering to do any updates anymore.

Step

I guess Seth is pretty much the best/only option.

Edit: God I hate how it looks like that after each update the game crashes more often.

Camjo-Z

If people are doing an FFA tonight then I'm in!

EDIT: Actually I'm not! Everyone steals my PS3 playtime and I can't find my Vita!

Step

That match with Dan vs. Raiden was great though, haha

I'm really lucky sometimes with Dan haha, I was like "oh crap if I atk I'll die, if I don't I'll die, if I move too" that last level one had my last hopes.

I'm really bad at this game but it is still really fun.

Good matches. Hopefully we can play more often.

As for DLC? Trust me. July seems earliest. Otherwise they simply didnt have enough time to do anything. If we wanna be realistic thou it could also be 6 months from last DLC. Which would mean september.

:I

Top Bottom