• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

the gamefaqs board for this is really weird...I still play all the time, would love to hear from Sethie boy about the rest of those costumes soon. Maybe SSM just wants to brainwash everyone and forget this game happened. Hopefully we can get a PS4 brawler type thing.

TheMink

the gamefaqs board for this is really weird...I still play all the time, would love to hear from Sethie boy about the rest of those costumes soon. Maybe SSM just wants to brainwash everyone and forget this game happened. Hopefully we can get a PS4 brawler type thing.

Yeah, i hope we get another brawler thing.

Maybe just a new IP so we don't have to care about characters that aren't included lol

Social activityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Gamefaqs can be silly but sometimes random things make me laugh.

Thou I hate how Gamefaqs users think Radec is the worst :p

And since we are alive ATLEAST FOR THE MOMENT I wanna ask public opinion.

Nariko, Jak, Big Daddy & Sir Dan. Who is best of these and who is worst?
Id like to hear public opinion.

Camjo-Z

Big Daddy is worst because he has no redeeming traits at all. He's a slow, heavy hitter who doesn't get more AP from his attacks to compensate, and his Supers suck. His Level 1 will rarely get a kill, his Level 2 gets HIM killed more often than not, and good luck getting enough AP with Big Daddy to reach Level 3. Even Sir Dan and Nariko can get to Level 3's in a 3 minute match without much trouble.

On the flip side, Jak is probably the best of those four. His moveset still sucks but he can be annoyingly difficult to hit and his Level 3 is actually pretty good. His Level 2 can also be somewhat useful thanks to the added stun effect on startup.

Big Daddy is worst because he has no redeeming traits at all. He's a slow, heavy hitter who doesn't get more AP from his attacks to compensate, and his Supers suck. His Level 1 will rarely get a kill, his Level 2 gets HIM killed more often than not, and good luck getting enough AP with Big Daddy to reach Level 3. Even Sir Dan and Nariko can get to Level 3's in a 3 minute match without much trouble.

On the flip side, Jak is probably the best of those four. His moveset still sucks but he can be annoyingly difficult to hit and his Level 3 is actually pretty good. His Level 2 can also be somewhat useful thanks to the added stun effect on startup.

I agree with this. Big Daddy's roll is also hilariously bad, and both his traps and stuns are just worse version of moves that better characters have.

It's kind of sad, to be honest, since I was looking forward to playing as him so much. They probably should've gone with an Infinite rep like Booker & Elizabeth or Songbird (shut up; it'd be awesome!) TBH.

Ok, thanks for your opinions. Ive been working on my tier list and problem was nominating 3 worst characters. It appears that Jak will be saved.

Ah Jak, his moves and supers are quite good but his AP gain is abysmal.

Nariko is.... Im not even sure what is the main problem. AP gain? Moves? Supers? All of em?

Sir Dan has decent AP gain, but my god his supers. He is probably the worst FFA character ingame.

Big Daddy is ok for me, but LOL at his clumsiness. Rolling, hitting wall and bouncing on butt, SLOWEST & USELESS TRAP EVER. Zeus also makes Big Daddy just sad with superior super armor & AP gain.

Camjo-Z

Ok, thanks for your opinions. Ive been working on my tier list and problem was nominating 3 worst characters. It appears that Jak will be saved.

I can help you with the worst character!

JB_Toro_jpg_436x242_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

I can help you with the worst character!

JB_Toro_jpg_436x242_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Lol nope. Not even in the worst tier. Dun dun duuuuuuu

He is on second worst tier.

Toro may have bad supers, but his move set is surprisingly good. Justise stance allows good comboes and AP bursts. Torobi stance allows annoying enemy. Oni stance is crowd killer.

He also has good decent AP gain at the least.

As for others tier place, here it is:

S-Tier: Raiden, Sly, Kratos

A-Tier: Dante, Cole, Sackboy, Isaac, Ratchet, EvilCole, Kat, Drake

B-Tier: SweetTooth, Zeus, Heihachi, Emmett, PaRappa, Radec, FatP

C-Tier: Spike, Toro, Jak

D-Tier: Nariko, SirDan, BigDaddy

Please comment. Id like to discuss about this more. :p

Desmond

Hey guys, getting back in to this game, haven't had the time before. Anyone wanna play some 2v2, and help me get the "win a versus match online trophy" ?

PSN DessieB93

Hey guys, getting back in to this game, haven't had the time before. Anyone wanna play some 2v2, and help me get the "win a versus match online trophy" ?

PSN DessieB93

Still interested? I'm a bit rusty, since i've been mostly preoccupied with several long games in the last months, but we can manage to win at least one match. :)

I'm already on your FL (everlong416), shoot me a message when i'm on.

Desmond

Still interested? I'm a bit rusty, since i've been mostly preoccupied with several long games in the last months, but we can manage to win at least one match. :)

I'm already on your FL (everlong416), shoot me a message when i'm on.
Really appreciate the help!

Now to replay arcade mode with 8 characters to get my platinum trophy. :)

Guys I've fallen into the abyss that is the white rope belt. Is there a way out of this? Is there anything lower :(

Nope. Maybe 0 points of white belt. Or technically no belts at all.

But cmoooooon, that kind of score means you were 4th on like... 100 matches row?

Also this seems relevant enough to say that I got mah first black belt. Wooo.
And of course there isnt gonna be rewards for a long while.. >_>

OmegaZero

As for others tier place, here it is:

S-Tier: Raiden, Sly, Kratos

A-Tier: Dante, Cole, Sackboy, Isaac, Ratchet, EvilCole, Kat, Drake

B-Tier: SweetTooth, Zeus, Heihachi, Emmett, PaRappa, Radec, FatP

C-Tier: Spike, Toro, Jak

D-Tier: Nariko, SirDan, BigDaddy

Please comment. Id like to discuss about this more. :p
I'll bite:

How is Evil Cole A tier? He doesn't even have a throw confirm anymore. A Good Cole is much more dangerous imo.

I'll bite:

How is Evil Cole A tier? He doesn't even have a throw confirm anymore. A Good Cole is much more dangerous imo.

Just because Good Cole is more dangerous, it doesnt mean Evil Cole isnt.

Evil Cole has good AP, large blast radius with some of his attacks, still has nasty comboes and need do we forget his Giga Punch? Giga Punch alone makes him dangerous 1v1 opponent.

.....And still doesnt have throw confirm?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzZ03C8u5PY

Dibbz

Nope. Maybe 0 points of white belt. Or technically no belts at all.

But cmoooooon, that kind of score means you were 4th on like... 100 matches row?

Also this seems relevant enough to say that I got mah first black belt. Wooo.
And of course there isnt gonna be rewards for a long while.. >_>

Not sure about 100 fights in a row but it's in 2v2 that I get my ass kicked so hard with my friend. We got to yellow then fell into a terrible spiral of defeats and haven't seen the light in ages. Feels bad.

Not sure about 100 fights in a row but it's in 2v2 that I get my ass kicked so hard with my friend. We got to yellow then fell into a terrible spiral of defeats and haven't seen the light in ages. Feels bad.

ooooooooooooooh, 2v2....

Yeah.... 2v2 is bullshiet...

In FFA, if you come 2nd against someone who has same belt as you, you only lose 1 point. In 2v2 its -4...

As a brown belt player in 2v2, all loses pretty much are -10. Worse is winning. You only get +2. In FFA min win point gain is atleast +3.

My god the belt system is bottocks >_>
Why is it so punishing????

SmithnCo

Thought I was done with the online . Only now seeing the 'This is Living' trophy. :/

I got that normally on PS3 but I think for Vita I cheesed it a little but getting a couple kills then running away for the rest of the match, kinda requires some luck.

Gorillaz

Sorry to bump this but I can't believe how much the online community for this game has gone to shit. It was already bad and broken before but now it truly is terrible. SSM must have the servers on auto pilot and not really give a shit

Sorry to bump this but I can't believe how much the online community for this game has gone to shit. It was already bad and broken before but now it truly is terrible. SSM must have the servers on auto pilot and not really give a shit

I'll recap: If SSM actually are bothering with this game, dont expect anything until September. If a fking stage took 6 months to make, make that as min. time until they are ready to show us support.

Dont forget, they apparently fked up GoW:A servers, so naturally they have most if not all work on their online...

Funny thing is, this game still has working online, but by the time SSM has sth it might really die by then...

Also, more opinion asking:
Should OP characters be nerfed or make shitty characters super OP to rebalance?

SSReborn

I'll recap: If SSM actually are bothering with this game, dont expect anything until September. If a fking stage took 6 months to make, make that as min. time until they are ready to show us support.

Dont forget, they apparently fked up GoW:A servers, so naturally they have most if not all work on their online...

Funny thing is, this game still has working online, but by the time SSM has sth it might really die by then...

Also, more opinion asking:
Should OP characters be nerfed or make shitty characters super OP to rebalance?

Maybe if it gets put onto Playstation Plus to replace Infamous 2, LBP2, and Ratchet All 4 One it can gain a boost to the community.

whitehawk

Banned
They really need to get rid of kill confirms. It ruins the game. Level 1s should be about good timing. Raiden's in particular is extremely annoying.

Dibbz

oh ma gawd the lag is killing me. I understand that lag is going to be a part of any online game but shit son I press block and it doesn't register and I get walloped. Maybe I should play during the day and hope to get people in Europe instead of people from overseas.

They really need to get rid of kill confirms. It ruins the game. Level 1s should be about good timing. Raiden's in particular is extremely annoying.

Agreed. Ratchet's is particularly infuriating. Somebody will get me, throw me into a corner and fire off a lvl 1. Then teabag like they just killed me off of skill alone. That's not skill, that's bad gameplay elements.

Aceun

A PS+ version could give it a nice boost.

I vote they eliminate kill confirms for level 1s entirely. A lot of the "economy" meta game is lost because setups meet minimal risk.

3 should be easiest, 2 easier, and 1 difficult with aligned level of cost. Instead, players can just focus on level 1s on certain characters with no penalty.

Now I'm not saying that setups should be eliminated. On the contrary, I think more skill based maneuvers that are prone for error should be rewarded. I include Dante's cancel confirm in this category vs pretty much anything Raiden does (ESPECIALLY HIS COUNTER CONFIRM... ugh)

Oh hey we are almost at page 250

Removing all kill confirms? Dream on. They would never do such a good thing. Never... ;_;

Oh Raiden... Tbh, online players rarely use Raiden's counter KC. Lv5AI Raiden however uses it EVERYTIME.

Geeeez... No wonder this game is picked on. Our community is all about complaining >_>

Please tell me this isnt even that bad complaining. Surely some other games have worse communities?

Geeeez... No wonder this game is picked on. Our community is all about complaining >_>

Please tell me this isnt even that bad complaining. Surely some other games have worse communities?
When the game you are complaining about has legitimate issues, it's understandable to be upset. I mean, the problems PSAS has will keep it from ever being a real competitive fighter, which was what Superbot was going for.

But with unbalanced characters, dumb playing styles, and constant glitching, there's way too much wrong with the game to not get some criticism.

Top Bottom