• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Archon473

Yeah everyone should find one if its possible for their character btw.

The Super AP requirements are detailed in the BradyGames guide. Once the guide is published, I'm sure someone will list every character's and you can build essentially a Level 1 combo plus know the AP goals for each Super.

BTW, I'm not sure if anyone else thought of this, but Kat might get fully fledged voice acting for the rival cutscene (the opening/ending could be comic style like the game), rather than the Link/Mario style she has in Gravity Rush.

Unless, of course, they forego the CG cutscene for another panel one.

Man today I went to several stores around my area while at work on the clock and they didn't have it. One store the guy never heard of it and tried to make a joke like "Battle star galatica??" Lol NOT!

Now I'm stuck with pre ordering off of PSN but I really dislike not having the physical game in my hand but i would be able to play it once it downloads and I wouldn't have to leave my house.

The nearest Walmart is 24 hours but then I can't preorder games there I heard and I won't get the bonus costumes. The bad part is I wouldn't put it past them if they have incompetent workers there that probably won't even look for the game.

Question for anyone who has the game or can just answer it.

Spike's level 1...Can it really be shot out as opposed to just swinging the net? That's what the official website says but I'm not seeing it

Lord Phol

Are we talking Richard Epcar Ansem or Billy Zane Ansem?

'Cause I'm not sure how much Billy Zane-brand ham I can handle before I throw the disk out the window.

The disc-throwing one I guess xD, had no idea that Billy Zane did the voice acting. Just liked it more when there was this one mad fellow with a few one liners trying to unleash darkness upon the world, and not all this Xenowhatwhat and "Real" Ansem silliness.

Are we talking Richard Epcar Ansem or Billy Zane Ansem?

'Cause I'm not sure how much Billy Zane-brand ham I can handle before I throw the disk out the window.

How bout master Xehanort and have Nimoy do no other voice work than just say ''DARKNESS'' in few hundred different ways. Thats all we need.

The disc-throwing one I guess xD, had no idea that Billy Zane did the voice acting. Just liked it more when there was this one mad fellow with a few one liners trying to unleash darkness upon the world, and not all this Xenowhatwhat and "Real" Ansem silliness.

The only good Xehanort is Young Xehanort due to his wicked lightsaber skillz and his absolutely amazing battle theme.

How bout master Xehanort and have Nimoy do no other voice work than just say ''DARKNESS'' in few hundred different ways. Thats all we need.

Don't you mean DAHRKNESSSSSHHH? He would have to have at least one other line so they could incorporate DE KEEBUHLADE into his voice work ;)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Question for anyone who has the game or can just answer it.

Spike's level 1...Can it really be shot out as opposed to just swinging the net? That's what the official website says but I'm not seeing it

I saw him do it in that IGN Livestream. It was on the practice stage, if I remember, correctly. His wave went across the screen and took out two people.

Gonna get the game in a few hours. So excited. I thought i would be never interested but when a friend called me to tell me that he will be getting a few copies in few hours i got so excited. Shame it don't have Solid Snake and Kazuma Kiryu. Hope they bring those as DLCs or something.

Edit: Awesome OT btw.

Lord Phol

The only good Xehanort is Young Xehanort due to his wicked lightsaber skillz and his absolutely amazing battle theme.

Wow.. ligthsabers, reeeeeally? (ur right about the battle theme though).
Yeah and I just watched some footage of kingdom hearts 1, you can kind of disregard most of my earlier statements, was nostalgia takling >>. Though I still enjoy his visual design.
Still think kingdom hearts 2 and beyond is a mess storywise

TheMink

Gonna get the game in a few hours. So excited. I thought i would be never interested but when a friend called me to tell me that he will be getting a few copies in few hours i got so excited. Shame it don't have Solid Snake and Kazuma Kiryu. Hope they bring those as DLCs or something.

Edit: Awesome OT btw.

Thanks boss!

TheMink

Kingdom Hearts II is my favourite game in the series and one of my Top 10 favourite games, so nothing anyone says can sway me. *crosses arms defiantly*

Dont worry breh im on your side, and its my favorite game of all time ;)

Final Mix+ even MORE :D

Btw who do i slap for deciding that Europeans and Americans spell "favorite/favourite" differently -_-

your spelling shows up as completely incorrect on my computer.

A.E Suggs

BTW, I'm not sure if anyone else thought of this, but Kat might get fully fledged voice acting for the rival cutscene (the opening/ending could be comic style like the game), rather than the Link/Mario style she has in Gravity Rush.

Unless, of course, they forego the CG cutscene for another panel one.

I thought of something similar, I still wonder what her voice will be like.

Dont worry breh im on your side, and its my favorite game of all time ;)

Final Mix+ even MORE :D

Btw who do i slap for deciding that Europeans and Americans spell "favorite/favourite" differently -_-

your spelling shows up as completely incorrect on my computer.

One of the perks of being Canadian is that we get fancier words, like favourite, colour, and honour. Also, Grey.

You're a good person for liking KHII, by the way. I'm sick of people hating on it for its story and Action Button >:[

Lord Phol

It's finally working? I'm not going to turn on my console though, should be downloaded in the morning automatically.

Works for me! 5982MB, halfway there woop woop!

Kingdom Hearts II is my favourite game in the series and one of my Top 10 favourite games, so nothing anyone says can sway me. *crosses arms defiantly*

It's a great game it really is, and gameplaywise superior to KH!
But it's still silly ;)

Siliconera Interview with Omar

Do you feel all of the leaks hurt the game’s publicity or affected the game’s buzz?

Omar Kendall, Director: I do. I think they did. I understand why they occur. Our first leak started out in a focus test, you know. We were really interested in getting fan-feedback for this game, because we feel like fans are the ones that are going to show up day-one to go out and buy this thing.

I tend to think, maybe guys like me, who are just looking for a new fighting game, will show up, but what will really drive this game are the fans. If I like Sly Cooper. If I like Parappa the Rapper. This is their game. And so, we wanted their feedback. And we started talking about the game, we started conducting surveys, we started having playtests.

And it was really out of that conversation about the game with fans that information started leaking out. I understand the enthusiasm, but it did hurt the marketing plan for the game.

You still have a chance to surprise people with DLC.

Yeah, we’ve still got some surprises on the disc, honestly that people haven’t pried out of us just yet. [Laughs] So we look forward to the game coming out and people getting a chance to experience those surprises.

What’s Superbot going to do after this?

I think we’ll see. PlayStation All-Stars doesn’t necessarily directly coincide to battle royale with four players. There are a variety of games we could potentially make to satisfy that “PlayStation All-Stars condition”. Like the capture the flag game I mentioned. It really just depends on what the fans are looking for and conversations with Sony, and how that shakes out. I’m really interested in seeing what fans are saying, and going from there.

What have you learned from fans so far, because you’ve done so many playtests. What have they influenced directly?

That’s a good question… I think [Laughs] My biggest takeaway from the relationship with fans is how insatiable they are. Fans are never satisfied. Maybe this is just a symptom of the Internet. Fans are never satisfied. And at times, it’s liberating or challenging. You can never please everyone.

You can take two paths as a creative. You can shut them off and go your own way, or you’re a maniac like me who reads every message, every forum post, every comment on an article, and is constantly motivated to try to satisfy as many people as possible. And this entire process over the last two years and relationship we’ve had with our fans has definitely convinced me never to stop trying.

Full interview here.

TheMink

One of the perks of being Canadian is that we get fancier words, like favourite, colour, and honour. Also, Grey.

You're a good person for liking KHII, by the way. I'm sick of people hating on it for its story and Action Button >:[

Indeed, ive herd people say "all bosses are mash triangle to win" which is stupider than saying regular attacks dont do anything in PSAS.

It has my favorite/favourite bosses :3

Indeed, ive herd people say "all bosses are mash triangle to win" which is stupider than saying regular attacks dont do anything in PSAS.

Man if Sora gets added via DLC...I will gladly take that Roxas/Riku alt costume and have a Sora/Sora team for 2 v 2 haha

Yeah, outside of the Mysterious Figure in BbS, Final Xemnas is the series' best boss. Plus, the reaction command near the end of the battle (the laser deflection one) was just plain awesome.

Have any other digital preorders came out at midnight exactly? Are we sure that it will happen? I'm a little paranoid because I really want to play this tonight.

Man if Sora gets added via DLC...

Just... just stop :(.

Byronic Hero said:
Lightning seems like the more likely S-E candidate :(
Believe it or not I think all original KH characters are 100% Disney.

To keep me entertained another poll! If there indeed is 2 characters as paid DLC coming along with Kat and Emmett: who are the worst ones that you could see them doing?

For me it's Jen Tate and fucking Shepard.

To keep me entertained another poll! If there indeed is 2 characters as paid DLC coming along with Kat and Emmett: who are the worst ones that you could see them doing?

Crash Bandicoot.

Or anyone else who isn't Wander.

Mr. Fix

Dart.
;-;
Oh, worst? Anyone who isn't Wander/ Big 4/ Dart.

Top Bottom