• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Vysetron

Neo Member
Vysetron, If you have the game tonight we should have a few battles, I added you on PSN already

I wish I could, but my store around here isn't open until tomorrow, and I'll be grabbing it in the afternoon. I could put in a few hours then though!

Oh, and if we're looking for people to do writeups for characters I'd be willing to do Parappa or Dan, in that order ideally. I can only commit to doing one though.

Caffer

Neo Member
Maybe they're actually researching the answers before giving out bullshot :O

A lot of people associate twitter with quick responses, but with this I could see it taking longer for a response.. but then again I'm not on the inside. So I really wouldn't know.

I have my copy preordered and i think it will be shipped tomorrow, if i win i won't be able to cancel the preorder so i think they should have done the trivia contest 2/3 days earlier...then again this is a giveaway, they weren't forced to do it so...

A.E Suggs

ehh, I would love a Demon's Souls character as an RPG rep or at least a stage, just give me a soldier with the Flute Armor and let me name him and I'm happy.

Demon souls doesn't have a real main character though. Unlike people requesting a monster hunter character for MVC3 sony doesn't own demon souls so anything from that game would feel weird here.

Rose was undeniably the best character in the game from what I remember. My reasoning early on was that, if Cloud were to make it in PASBR, then Rose should get in over Dart for sure.
I agree with this, overall rose was more important to the story as well. I want to believe its possible but dart being the main doesn't make this look good.

KalBalboa

Banned
I wish Walmart would let me pick up a pre-order at the store tonight after midnight. I'm likely going to get my GameStop in the AM.

Does anyone know how the dlc vouchers will work? Will they be on the receipts?

KalBalboa

Banned
You look like Emmett? :eek:
fq7D2.jpg

Remind me not to fuck with you lol.

This got me to laugh pretty hard.

SykoTech

Guess I'll be missing the midnight train. Don't have the money on my account right now, and the download would probably too long for me anyway. This weekend it is then.

Musiol

Shit, Nariko is just my new goddes. So good character. I fell in love with her. Also, Vita version is godlike. Game of the forever.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You look like Emmett? :eek:
fq7D2.jpg

Remind me not to fuck with you lol.

My eyes glow and everything! Have you never seen a black person before??

Edit, and yeah, Lee is the shit. I'm dreading the final episode of The Walking Dead game. I just know some shit is going to go down; it's The Walking Dead!

Yea I'm happy to see more brothers represented in this game or any game at all. It's a bit played out seeing CJ and Barrett from FFVII get the spotlight.

KalBalboa

Banned
Yea I'm happy to see more brothers represented in this game or any game at all. It's a bit played out seeing CJ and Barrett from FFVII get the spotlight.

For a split second I thought this was in reference to Emmett Graves and how his brother is the antagonist in Starhawk.

6927015130_284e4cc37b_n.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

Especially because they're kind of stereotypes. CJ was the shit, though. I want more black protagonists like Lee, and less black sidekicks like Cole Train. Is that too much to ask, gaming industry? Is it?!

Anyway, I can't wait to finally get my hands on this damn game. Although, I'm oddly zen about the work day. It's been moving pretty fast, despite my anticipation for downloading PBR. I know the worst part is going to be waiting for the download to finish.

Oh man, if Barret Wallace made it into the game I'd get a stonker of such magnitude it would make even Mandingo green with envy. I love that guy.

Barret that is.

As long as Rico stays faaaaaaaar away.
he is black right?

It will be interesting if Kat is ''whitewashed''. I have absolutely no idea if she is supposed to be white, tanned or black anymore.

I've had this preordered for a while but was thinking I might not be as interested in it at launch due to there being a lot of other stuff out, but I'm actually really looking forward to this. I think going with the Vita version will lead to me playing it more too.

Hayters gonna hayte

i_see_what_you_did_there_poster-r8f044f42410c44898ead34192059346f_y1u_400.jpg

Man I'm as hype as Smash Brothers Melee launch right now. It felt like this day was never going to come. We would eat the scraps Paul Gale deceptively gave us day by day and wait for what the gods at Superbot would reveal(if any).

Now we're fucking hours away from this game.

I hope a year later at this time we're still playing this game and actually have Crash.

Georgious

Banned
So is there any word as to how my copy will magically appear on my Vita? Because my PS3 version arrived today and there's no indication as to what to do. The "Disk Benefits" gives me a loading error. I'm assuming nothing will work until all the digital copies are on the PSN?

So...what are you guys going to do first?

Arcade?
Training?
Trials?
Online?

I'm going to do Sackboy's story, try out challenges, then go online

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Arcade?
Training?
Trials?
Online?

Whatever help me to unlocking a lot of contents. I want to learn all characters moves before deciding who I should main. I would love to main Cole and Evil Cole, but we'll see.

Arcade?
Training?
Trials?
Online?

My best friend and I decided we're gonna play each other online first thing. See what happens. Then I was planning on hitting up basically every arcade but maybe I should take a look at those trials.
I'll figure out my main naturally as I just play the game, so no worries there. I do want to unlock specific alts and minions first though. So that's how I'm choosing who's arcades to play first

Kouichi

I'm going to start with the Good Cole trials to learn about the character, then I'm going to training mode to test some things, and then finally play his arcade story in the hardest difficulty.

Drencrom

As long as Rico stays faaaaaaaar away.
he is black right?

Such a shitty and annoying character, it's like GG wanted the player to fucking hate him.

I've been playing some KZ2 tonight to take my mind of PABR, it seems like i'll get it on Wednesday (tomorrow if i'm lucky) :/

Mik_Pad

Banned
Demon souls doesn't have a real main character though. Unlike people requesting a monster hunter character for MVC3 sony doesn't own demon souls so anything from that game would feel weird here.

I agree with this, overall rose was more important to the story as well. I want to believe its possible but dart being the main doesn't make this look good.
I think Sony owns Demon's Souls maybe someone can help me with this one.

I know that DS doesn't have a standard main character but I think some of the armors or characters are iconic enough to represent it and as I said maybe they could let you name the character and it woul make it more personal.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

Arcade?
Training?
Trials?
Online?

I'm starting with Ratchet.

Training
Arcade
Trials

Then move on to Cole and do the same as above.

Online is far down my list. I'm generally a single player gamer, and I'm mainly going to be playing online for the GAF Tournament.

I think Sony owns Demon's Souls maybe someone can help me with this one.

I know that DS doesn't have a standard main character but I think some of the armors or characters are iconic enough to represent it and as I said maybe they could let you name the character and it woul make it more personal.

Sony owns Demon's Souls. Namco owns Dark Souls.

Top Bottom