• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Drencrom

Oh man.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

"I AM THE GOD OF GOLF!"

I think the people in this thread are the only ones going to buy this game...

Only one Midnight launch in my area (near Los Angeles) and it's mainly for "Hitman". My friend has no midnight launches and nobody really knew about the game... this is sad.

Hopefully the reviews are decent and can get it more support

Only one Midnight launch in my area (near Los Angeles) and it's mainly for "Hitman". My friend has no midnight launches and nobody really knew about the game... this is sad.

How are the ads? I havent seen any on TV. Russian ad was great.

krpiper

Stupid question but if I hit download at midnight and the download in background I can turn off my ps3? Or should i set the play station+ plus option at like 2 am and have it download that question

I-hate-u

Its my opinion that Sony should have put Killzone type of money in this game, jam pack it with a lot of characters, dramatically increase production (like visual fidelity) values on all levels and then add a blazing marketing campaign compared to Uncharted 3. It would sell like hot cakes.

But noooope. Sony gotta be Sony and fall flat on their face.

B-Dex

I'm hyped got mine paid off at a shop though. So I'll join in tomorrow morning.

I've seen ads on TV so they are doing some advertising.

WatTsu

How are the ads? I havent seen any on TV. Russian ad was great.

I have seen exactly one television ad. It was a truncated version of the YouTube short that debuted last month, and it aired during The Simpsons (or maybe Walking Dead, or one of the Sunday night shows I watch). That's it.

cyborg009

Banned
I have seen exactly one television ad. It was a truncated version of the YouTube short that debuted last month, and it aired during The Simpsons (or maybe Walking Dead, or one of the Sunday night shows I watch). That's it.

it was Simpsons

I wonder what Superbot next project will be?

Nakiro

Wander from SotC is my number one wanted character right now, but a Demon's souls rep would be a close second.

My top pick for a more obscure character is definitely either Keats or Ellen from Folklore.

Even if you HATED the game (and shame on you), you have to admit that they would be unique characters with a plethora of possible moves.

Folklore was just amazing. Too bad the studio went under.

If you guys can change the characters in the box art, who would you guys have? Kratos, drake, cole and sackboy on top. Ratchet and jak on the bottom with Sly.

Kratos, Drake, Raiden, Tooth, Heihachi, Nariko on top

Coles on the sides (lol)

Sackboy in bottom middle, Ratchet, on left, Jak on right, with Parappa and Spike too

SSReborn

Its my opinion that Sony should have put Killzone type of money in this game, jam pack it with a lot of characters, dramatically increase production (like visual fidelity) values on all levels and then add a blazing marketing campaign compared to Uncharted 3. It would sell like hot cakes.

But noooope. Sony gotta be Sony and fall flat on their face.

I actually think the game turned out pretty good in the way it looks. One thing that I do really like is that each level seems to have its own artstyle and it changes the way the characters look when they are in it.

Their could have been a better budget for the Arcade mode though the Rival Cutscenes don't look that great to me. They look just decent if anything and look kind of rough (similar to how Starhawk and Twisted Metal's in game cutscenes looked but slightly better) I also don't like how the waves in the background look in those scenes either. The intro/outros are okay to me and I'm pretty indifferent to them.

Also this game could have been improved in terms of UI and interface certain things seem kind of rough around the edges or bland; speaking of which with my experience so far the UI themes aren't based upon who you play as the most but are just random every time you start up the game. I don't know if they count it by who you play with in Ranked Online the most (haven't got the chance to play much of that yet because no one has the game) but it always seems to be random.

I actually think the game turned out pretty good in the way it looks. One thing that I do really like is that each level seems to have its own artstyle and it changes the way the characters look when they are in it.

Their could have been a better budget for the Arcade mode though the Rival Cutscenes don't look that great to me. They look just decent if anything and look kind of rough (similar to how Starhawk and Twisted Metal's in game cutscenes looked but slightly better) I also don't like how the waves in the background look in those scenes either. The intro/outros are okay to me and I'm pretty indifferent to them.

Also this game could have been improved in terms of UI and interface certain things seem kind of rough around the edges or bland; speaking of which with my experience so far the UI themes aren't based upon who you play as the most but are just random every time you start up the game. I don't know if they count it by who you play with in Ranked Online the most (haven't got the chance to play much of that yet because no one has the game) but it always seems to be random.

I do wish Sony would have put a bigger budget behind this, but I think the heart is all here in this game. It's a successful first try where it matters most (outside the roster...) and if Sony wont back this game up for a deserved sequel, then screw them to hell.

I am going to hate it if this is a one off game. I know I want a sequel.

SmithnCo

I think it will be a modest-to-good success, with probably a decent slow burn on it. Hope we get a PS4 sequel. I wouldn't mind a series like this that doesn't take 5+ years for every game to come out.

I-hate-u

I see big ambitions for games like this. This game if done correctly could turn to a huge key franchise in Playstation portfolio that sells like 7 million across 2 platforms. I have not seen enough push behind the game that exceeds the likes of Twisted Metal and Starhawk and thats sad.

If I have never seen this game before and someone asked me what a playstation cross over fighter would be like, I would expect a game like this with 30+ characters, high end ps3 graphics and like Uncharted, and modes inspired from little big planet customization that enhance the experience.

I'm frustrated. Stuck at work and found out the GameStop down the street isn't doing midnight release, but the one by my house is. Unfortunately I can't switch out the pre-order because I'm here at work. That and I have classes all day tomorrow.

Grrr

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Wander from SotC is my number one wanted character right now, but a Demon's souls rep would be a close second.

My top pick for a more obscure character is definitely either Keats or Ellen from Folklore.

Even if you HATED the game (and shame on you), you have to admit that they would be unique characters with a plethora of possible moves.

I've been championing Ellen for inclusion in this game since the beginning. She could have such a unique move set.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
That's a funny coincidence, considering I'm similar in both age and appearance to TWD's Ben.

THE WALKING DEAD GAME SPOILER
You better not have dropped me.

Well, you're missing out. glowing eyes are surprisingly useful. Especially when it comes to scaring away white folks!

Man, I'm so looking forward to the Walking Dead episode tomorrow. I'm going to be so torn as to what to play! I usually play TWD on the weekends, but this is the final episode. I don't know if I can wait, but PBR is my most anticipated game this gen.

EDIT: DAMMIT, double post!!

EDIT2: I always thought Kat was a "ganguro girl."

J-Tier

Well, you're missing out. glowing eyes are surprisingly useful. Especially when it comes to scaring away white folks!

Man, I'm so looking forward to the Walking Dead episode tomorrow. I'm going to be so torn as to what to play! I usually play TWD on the weekends, but this is the final episode. I don't know if I can wait, but PBR is my most anticipated game this gen.

EDIT: DAMMIT, double post!!

Haha. Anyways, yeah, I'm going to be torn too. Ep 5 for an awesome experience AND a platinum...or PSASBR...the baby we've been waiting for for many, many long months.

Georgious

Banned
This game is really great so far. The character moves and considerations are really carefully thought out - I'm glad my expectations were well placed!

I wish there were more characters, and I wish people were online already! There isn't that much reason (for me) to play single player other than unlocking costumes...

The Big Daddy does so much AP damage that his super meter recharges almost instantly, it's pretty insane.

graywolf323

ugh I don't want to miss out on the preorder costumes but I'm going to be rather frustrated if I cave and preorder it off PSN now only to be notified tomorrow I won one of the twitter giveaways

the fact people have been asking since they announced the contest and they've never even responded about if winners would be notified before Tuesday is really annoying

Top Bottom