• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Such a shitty and annoying character, it's like GG wanted the player to fucking hate him.

I've been playing some KZ2 tonight to take my mind of PABR, it seems like i'll get it on Wednesday (tomorrow if i'm lucky) :/

I'm replaying it too in elite and gettin all intels/HG symbols along with Medievil. Still got 3 chapters to go and I know the last stage and Radec is gonna rape me so hard. The ''least deaths'' stats from my first run on normal is pretty telling. Every other mission is like 1-6 and the last one is over 40 -.-

I plan to go through Sackboy's arcade and trials. Maybe I'll give Toro another shot as I wasn't really feeling him yesterday. I want to play as Dante for a bit just to unlock the Kat minion, then I'll practice and head online. Hopefully I can play some of you tomorrow as well.

Kouichi

I think Sony owns Demon's Souls maybe someone can help me with this one.

I know that DS doesn't have a standard main character but I think some of the armors or characters are iconic enough to represent it and as I said maybe they could let you name the character and it woul make it more personal.

GarlVinland.png

My choice for a Demon's Souls rep.

B.O.O.M

turns out my friend on the inside was wrong (he just verified), and IT IS EST! YAY.

Sorry for the scare heh.

hehe alright then..9pm PST is still on! 4.5 hours to go

Since we are talking about characters we would like to see (or something, didn't read the whole conversation :p) Here's someone I would like to see personally, but I know that will most likely never appear cuz how obscure he is

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Thanks for the confirmation.

You're welcome.

I just also realized that I've only played on 7 of the 14 stages:

Metropolis
Columbia
Sandover
Hades
Invasion
Dreamscape
Dojo

I still have 7 stages that will be completely new to me when I finally get my hands on the game tonight. For some reason, that really pumps me up.

KalBalboa

Banned
It will be interesting if Kat is ''whitewashed''. I have absolutely no idea if she is supposed to be white, tanned or black anymore.

I didn't even realize today that there was a question about her skin tone. I just assumed she was pale and that the game's color correction touches for style explained why she, and everyone else, had a greyish brown tint.

gravity-rush-20111115014636320_640w.jpg

KatGravityRush-600x369.jpg

gravity-rush_1.jpg

Garl Vinland (or the standard knight) is like my dream PABR character.

The Dragon Bone Smasher would be a perfect melee weapon (item) too

4999027199_16de16986f.jpg

Anything Demon's Souls would be amazing

Oh man, how could they miss putting a Demon's Souls item in???

Omar, Clockw0rk or Seth,

Add Dark Cloud 2's Monica to DLC or PASBR2 please!

Monica.jpg

DLC and Bonus Costume
monica_art.jpg

Monica_template.jpg

YES!
YES!
YES!

Easily one of the top female reps, dammit. Super 2 HAS to be Max on his Ridepod.

A.E Suggs

I know that DS doesn't have a standard main character but I think some of the armors or characters are iconic enough to represent it and as I said maybe they could let you name the character and it woul make it more personal.

Ok my mistake then.

Edit:That idea is still a bit much though, I'd agree with a stage from the game. As much as i liked demon souls(never played dark souls) I can't see them getting an actual playable character from the game, especially when the avatar characters don't have set personalities.

Lord Phol

Or go all the way and Let you visually customize your character fully, armor and everything!

Takao

Banned
I didn't even realize today that there was a question about her skin tone. I just assumed she was pale and that the game's color correction touches for style explained why she, and everyone else, had a greyish brown tint.

gravity-rush-20111115014636320_640w.jpg

KatGravityRush-600x369.jpg

gravity-rush_1.jpg

Kat looks weird in other games.

Hot Shots Golf:
caECl.gif

LBP:
8192288690_c60d8d062c_b.jpg

hehe alright then..9pm PST is still on! 4.5 hours to go

Since we are talking about characters we would like to see (or something, didn't read the whole conversation :p) Here's someone I would like to see personally, but I know that will most likely never appear cuz how obscure he is

If this game had tailored rosters for each platform I'd definitely want Dead Head Fred in there.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Ok my mistake then.

Edit:That idea is still a bit much though, I'd agree with a stage from the game. As much as i liked demon souls(never played dark souls) I can't see them getting an actual playable character from the game, especially when the avatar characters don't have set personalities.
Yeah I understand what you are saying, maybe they could change stances like Toro but just changing weapons to represent different builds, I just want a DS character and be able to destroy everyone with soul arrows and riposte.

A.E Suggs

Yeah I understand what you are saying, maybe they could change stances like Toro but just changing weapons to represent different builds, I just want a DS character and be able to destroy everyone with soul arrows and riposte.

I wouldn't give up on one though, just cause I can't see it working doesn't mean they can't I can most def be proven wrong.

Looks like kat to me, maybe a little off but some of the characters when making transitions have that problem even in 2d games.

Lord Phol

Fully installed, ready to play! ..."the content is not available before the start date.". Glad I stayed up 2 and a half hours for that ><

Well have fun peeps, see you in game wednesday!

leroidys

Wander from SotC is my number one wanted character right now, but a Demon's souls rep would be a close second.

My top pick for a more obscure character is definitely either Keats or Ellen from Folklore.

Even if you HATED the game (and shame on you), you have to admit that they would be unique characters with a plethora of possible moves.

My eyes glow and everything! Have you never seen a black person before??

Edit, and yeah, Lee is the shit. I'm dreading the final episode of The Walking Dead game. I just know some shit is going to go down; it's The Walking Dead!

That's a funny coincidence, considering I'm similar in both age and appearance to TWD's Ben.

THE WALKING DEAD GAME SPOILER
You better not have dropped me.

Have any reviewers given impressions on Twitter or whatever?

IGN is all doritos over it. Few press guys here have hinted that their impression is positive.

Basically the consensus with early players impressions is this: multiplayer is really good, single player could be improved and is the weakest link, especially the story/arcade mode.

Ken

Picked up my copy from Gamestop and noticed you can play with people on the Vita version? At least that's what I think the little blurb on the back is implying. Does anyone know if you can have the PS3 version and the Vita version both playing at the same time locally? Will I run into snags for having the same account online on both systems? How do I even connect the two or does it have to be through online.

fernoca

Picked up my copy from Gamestop and noticed you can play with people on the Vita version? At least that's what I think the little blurb on the back is implying. Does anyone know if you can have the PS3 version and the Vita version both playing at the same time locally? Will I run into snags for having the same account online on both systems? How do I even connect the two or does it have to be through online.
Yeah, both can play together.

Not sure how it works in this case, but in Street Figther x Tekken you can play online..with yourself. :p
Basically, one side creates the game the other joins it.

fernoca @ Street fighter x Tekken OT said:
It works...kinda.
Seems there's a problem and for some reason you can't send invites to your friends (possible patch in the works? who knows... :p)

The workaround is that for one player to create a lobby and the other player look for the name of that lobby (lobbies appear by name and user). Lobbies can also be created to allow both PS3 and Vita players or just ones from the platfom you're playing.

I tried with...myself. :p
(quick pic)

So it's cool and a good alternative in case you lack an additional controller to play with friends (on SFxT yo ucna also turn the Vita into a controller). Now, don't know how it works in this game and if you can play local/offline with PS3/Vita versions. Hopefully it's easy to do.

Ken

Yeah, both can play together.

Not sure how it works in this case, but in Street Figther x Tekken you can play online..with yourself. :p
Basically, one side creates the game the other joins it.

Okay I'll fiddle around with it later because I'm short one PS3 controller for everyone to play but have one Vita.

Yes you can play with PS3 people with Vita. You need to be online tho. You should be able to have same account on both, the second players username just adds a number to it.

Georgious

Banned
So is there any word as to how my copy will magically appear on my Vita? Because my PS3 version arrived today and there's no indication as to what to do. The "Disk Benefits" gives me a loading error. I'm assuming nothing will work until all the digital copies are on the PSN?

Anybody?

Ploid 3.0

I think that's correct. Though I hard the vita version was on the disk, maybe it needs the network to confirm that the vita version is released on PSN, or you need special files from PSN to confirm ownership. Thinking about it they have to have a hook in it somewhere so that you can't just line up PSV's and install the games on all of them. Expect it to work at PSN launch.

Georgious

Banned
I think that's correct. Though I hard the vita version was on the disk, maybe it needs the network to confirm that the vita version is released on PSN, or you need special files from PSN to confirm ownership. Thinking about it they have to have a hook in it somewhere so that you can't just line up PSV's and install the games on all of them. Expect it to work at PSN launch.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Kind of strange that they've been so awesome with all information/shipping/etc but nobody knows the details of the vita cross play!

Top Bottom