• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Island announced for iOS / Android / Coke Zero [Free / Summer]

mgcastro

Create brand awareness with a Temple Run clone?

You hand your multi-million seller IP's to be placed in a questionable quality product and pretend it will bring good mind share?

Noi

g461D6J.jpg

Fraud spotted.

quetz67

Banned
So what does this mean for the future of the Vita? Are Sony finally starting the process of becoming a thirdparty on handheld plattforms?

Why would anybody want to play this on Vita? I want to play GA 2 and Uncharted 4 on Vita with awesome graphics and buttons.

This is a cheap advertising game made for touchscreen and the absolute casual phone gamer.

GET HYPE
drake1.jpeg

:bow bnaughty gods!!!! NATHAN DRAKE~~~!!!!!! ANYTHING UNDER 9.5/10 IS UN A C C CE P T A B LE

u jelly

STEP YO GAME UP

WELCOME TO THE PLAYSTATION WORLD

---
~Stumpokapow
BORN SONY DIE SONY
LBP KARTING > MARIO KART

"... that's a big-ass fiddle" ~Cole McGrath, InFamous 2 (Metacritic 83)

"No one will care when I gut you like a stinking fish!" ~Nariko, Heavenly Sword (EXCLUSIVELY FOR SONY PLAYSTATION 3, SUCK IT HATERS)

#YearOfPlaystation #CokeZero #PS4Lyfe #SonyStyle #dayone #MakeBelieve #SuckItHaters

So what does this mean for the future of the Vita? Are Sony finally starting the process of becoming a thirdparty on handheld plattforms?
You're asking if some free-to-play Coca Cola ad game means Sony are 'going third-party' for handhelds?

No. No it doesn't mean that.

GET HYPE
drake1.jpeg

:bow bnaughty gods!!!! NATHAN DRAKE~~~!!!!!! ANYTHING UNDER 9.5/10 IS UN A C C CE P T A B LE

Vgzy37B.gif

GtRXVVo.gif
GtRXVVo.gif
GtRXVVo.gif
GtRXVVo.gif

u jelly

O1xYGMI.png

STEP YO GAME UP

WELCOME TO THE PLAYSTATION WORLD

---
~Stumpokapow
BORN SONY DIE SONY
LBP KARTING > MARIO KART
uncharted3drakesdecepz38j0.gif

"... that's a big-ass fiddle" ~Cole McGrath, InFamous 2 (Metacritic 83)
godofwariii-finalbosskq8ia.gif

"No one will care when I gut you like a stinking fish!" ~Nariko, Heavenly Sword (EXCLUSIVELY FOR SONY PLAYSTATION 3, SUCK IT HATERS)
UWupXmd.jpg
g461D6J.jpg
Huh? Did i ever said anything close to this?

I wonder what's next. If they are all popular iOS titles mixed with a playstation characters..... I want God of War x Angry Birds.

Sendou

Screenshot showing the platforming part.

CIYC8P3.jpg

Wait there's a giant Coca-Cola Zero bottle in the right top corned when you play? This is just a gift that keeps giving.

Why exactly is this 'sad'? I see a few people have used the term here already. So explain to me why is it sad?

It's sad because they're still not big enough to not be allowed to be butchered like this. Sony apparently doesn't believe that attaching shit products to an IP has an effect but I'd argue differently.

It's not at all bad actually. Yes it's a Temple Run clone but Uncharted works well to fit into that genre of endless runner. If you pick up the coke blobs and fill the bottle you get a little mini game where you try and land on these landing pads that bounce you in the air to collect coins.

It's pretty fun if you can try it. Looking forward to seeing how the others play.

Alienous

Explains the long ass title.

"Playstation All-Stars ... uh ... Arena"

"Playstation All-Stars ... Racing! Yeah, racing"

Too bad Battle Royale tanked.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
No. It's really quite simple. People play the games and become acquainted with Sony franchises. A number of these people will then perhaps investigate other games with these characters. And what do they need to buy to play those games ... ?

Many millions of people will now know who Drake, Sackboy and Cole is. It's a great move. And of course, when Gaikai is released, they'll be able to play the actual games on laptops, phones, tablets, pads and TVs.

Why are people not seeing the connection between promoting franchises on none PS branded hardware and Gaikai offering PS branded franchises on none PS branded hardware? It's so frigin' obvious.

Great move Sony. It begins ...

We will see. I think the quality of this game have to be incredibly high for that to happend, and that most cusomers will just ask why they need to buy a dedicated game players for those if they already can play some of them on their phone.

J-Tier

The Coca-Cola partnership probably made this project incredibly cheap for Sony anyways. It may be shitty to us, but there's no loss for Sony.

olimpia84

They're not trying to sell to people that already own Sony systems.

So are they trying to get people to own systems like the Vita this way? By releasing a shitty phone game with the Coca Cola logo plastered all over the place? Why ridicule top franchises like Uncharted this way?

Camjo-Z

I think some people are taking this a lot more seriously than they should. Mario didn't flop when he had some awful edugames released on SNES, Sonic didn't go belly up when he shilled Lifesavers and Nike shoes in online Flash games, I doubt a Coke-sponsored mobile game is going to destroy Uncharted & co.'s brand strength.

KalBalboa

Banned
Explains the long ass title.

"Playstation All-Stars ... uh ... Arena"

"Playstation All-Stars ... Racing! Yeah, racing"

Too bad Battle Royale tanked.

It broke a million as of a few months ago, so I wouldn't say "tanked."

Under performed, for sure.

I think some people are taking this a lot more seriously than they should. Mario didn't flop when he had some awful edugames released on SNES, Sonic didn't go belly up when he shilled Lifesavers and Nike shoes in online Flash games, I doubt a Coke-sponsored mobile game is going to destroy Uncharted & co.'s brand strength.

Not when it's actually pretty fun to play. If it was a turd of a game then you could see it hurting the brand but... it actually works perfectly well for what it is.

What the fuck is Gravity Rush.

And here you have raising brand awareness :p

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Wait there's a giant Coca-Cola Zero bottle in the right top corned when you play? This is just a gift that keeps giving.

It's sad because they're still not big enough to not be allowed to be butchered like this. Sony apparently doesn't believe that attaching shit products to an IP has an effect but I'd argue differently.

The Coke bottle is part of the game though as per the other screenshot from my phone I posted.

zI28Rdv.jpg

This becomes even more sad when you think that they actually used Sony's biggest gaming IP's there.
I could see if it was like Uncharted 4, out now exclusivekly for iOS and Android, but it's not.
It's just a simple mini game collection with some product tie in. Its a little consumerist, sure, but its A) nothing new and B) something so small and insignificant.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think Stump is trolling Naughty Dog and PS fanboys there lol, just a guess that could be wrong.

i bleed coke zero, haters gonna hate but don't be late to appreciate da crisp taste of nathan drake + coke zero THIS SUMMER IOS AND ANDROID IN THE HOUSE

J-Tier

So are they trying to get people to own systems like the Vita this way? By releasing a shitty phone game with the Coca Cola logo plastered all over the place? Why ridicule top franchises like Uncharted this way?

You're not the target demographic anyways. The goal is most likely brand awareness. Whether or not they end up buying a Sony product, isn't the point at the moment (though definitely an end goal). Casual kids knowing who Nathan Drake and Cole McGrath are though...that's a step forward for them.

B.O.O.M

'Butchered'? lol what? So you think this will affect the quality and/or impressions the next Uncharted game will get? Puh..leaaase, get real. Unless you worship this franchise as some kind of religion or something I don't see why it would affect the image of the game or your satisfaction with the franchise going forward.

RedStep

You're right. It was a Halo-branded King of the Hill game where the Warzones to conquer were your local 7-Eleven™ stores, and you had to use Doritos™ or Moutain Dew™ barcodes to refill your "ammo" and get back to the fight. Big difference.

Uh, yeah, and that (which I didn't really ever look into) sounds fucking dumb and embarrassing as well. Your point?

You are straight up crazy if you think this is going to be harmful to the brands or embarrassing.

I never said anything about it being harmful to the brand, I said that it's embarrassing. It is. That is not something that a game developer put together for players, it's shitty minigames to sell Coke with Coke bottles in literally every frame.

Why should people have to come in here and compliment it instead of saying "that sucks" if it does? Can we not give our opinions on movies or games anymore either?

Sendou

'Butchered'? lol what? So you think this will affect the quality and/or impressions the next Uncharted game will get? Puh..leaaase, get real. Unless you worship this franchise as some kind of religion or something I don't see why it would affect the image of the game or your satisfaction with the franchise going forward.

It won't but it's sad to a point where you might as well call the IP butchered. Certainly when Naughty Dog poured their love into finely crafting Uncharted this is not where they expected it to end. Next time I think about Uncharted I'll think off this piece of shit rather than the last positive experience I had with it (Golden Abyss). That matters.

J-Tier

Nice concept art.

Sounds like a PSone era sci-fi racer title though. Apparently if your spoiler is correct, it's about as bad.

It's his opinion. A lot of people think it's a great game as well. Don't take it as fact yo.

It won't but it's sad to a point where you might as well call the IP butchered. Certainly when Naughty Dog poured their love into finely crafting Uncharted this is not where they expected it to end. Next time I think about Uncharted I'll think off this piece of shit rather than the last positive experience I had with it (Golden Abyss). That matters.

What? Really?

Top Bottom