• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Island announced for iOS / Android / Coke Zero [Free / Summer]

Err, for those who don't know, Sony's had mobile games way earlier than this. Ratchet & Clank had like two mobile titles, and God of War had at least one. This isn't anything new.

Still hilarious though.

I believe this is the first PlayStation-branded game to actually come to iOS / Android.

That is, only thanks to the unprecedented partnership with Coca-Cola®.

J-Tier

Marketing for what?

As far as we know, none of those games have anything coming out for the rest of the year.

It's too late for most, and too early for the rest.

I guess their goal is to get more people to become aware of these characters.

Sadist

Can't wait for the next Uncharted now;

Hey Nate, you want a drink?

I don't know man, got any COCA COLA ZERO

*cue Drake holding a Zero bottle, complete with billboard smile*

Yasumi

Banned
I can't unremember the Coke Zero from the Mass Effect 3 streams. Looks like crap, but it was obviously just made to try to sell Coke and get PlayStation presence of mind.

KalBalboa

Banned
lvl-3---minotaursm.jpg

Cha

Okay, wow. This looks....err.. exactly how I'd expect a promo game to look. Would have been a little pissed off it it was actually developed by Sony. Carry on.

$h@d0w

Drake ate so much SUBWAY that he needs a tasty beverage to quench his thirst, what else but COKE ZERO!

Celegus

Madness said:
Which game characters are included?

The four main characters are Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet Karting), Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Cole MacGrath (InFAMOUS Train Ride) and Kat (Gravity Rush).
In addition to the above, four bonus characters (Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank) will also appear in the Coke Zero Moves.

Seriously, what does this even mean?

I actually hope that this will be successful just so that they dont have to do this shit again in future.

And money made from this game better make a proper instalment next time damnit.

JawzPause

Marketing for what?

As far as we know, none of those games have anything coming out for the rest of the year.

It's too late for most, and too early for the rest.

Ratchet & Clank is releasing this year, Infamous is coming out next year and LBP & Uncharted surely will have some more titles to be released on PS4/Vita. Teaming up with the biggest drink company in the world and spreading knowledge of Playstation's main characters surely cannot be a bad thing?

Lazaro

Sony Computer entertainment is probably just doing a little trial on iOS/android waters.

Microsoft is already bringing some franchises optimized for mobiles.

Nintendo please ignore your investors.

Omg tell me this is not real... Now i really want to know how much coca cola pay for these things.

It's definitely real, and it was released for the PSP in Japan.

The game is called "Everybody's Golf Portable: Coca Cola Special Edition."

Rvaisse

Realy weird thats its not PS mobile branded.
The Coke sponsor is laughable.
The non Vita port is insane. Even if its better for vita owners coz the game is crap for sure.
How the hell did they come to this?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
can someone explain why people are getting so bent out of shape over an advergame?

Camjo-Z

That's very funny, a PSAS game sponsored by Coke! I told you "it's real" but you didn't believe me! WHY didn't you believe me!

something tells me nobody will get that reference

Also no PaRappa!? WTF!!

Anth1888

Really don't understand the outrage here. We'll probably see the game shoot up the charts on the App Store and Google Play and it increases brand awareness for PlayStation and their IP's.

Also the Coke Zero partnership could be huge for Sony. Yes its annoying seeing it in the game but having the PlayStation name and logo on thousands of Coke cans is a huge marketing push for the brand.

Hope it works well.

Mokubba

Is there a reason why this should be on the Vita?

I don't understand the meltdown. It just looks like a free mobile game to promote playstation characters.

If this cost money then I would understand.

SmokyDave

can someone explain why people are getting so bent out of shape over an advergame?
Because gaming is now ruined. All other games on all other formats have evaporated and everybody has to play this, even if they don't want to.

Can't you see the sky falling in?!

sunnz

Get to play smaller and lesser version of SONY games to get a taste of said games, so if you do enjoy them and want to actually play the full games, you have to get a ps3 or vita or something.

I personally think it's a good idea. I do think SONY should also offer a 1 hour trial of its exclusives on gaikai on the PC, to let people experience a little of these games and it could persuade them to get a ps4, if they enjoy the games. Online streaming of-course.

That's very funny, a PSAS game sponsored by Coke! I told you "it's real" but you didn't believe me! WHY didn't you believe me!

something tells me nobody will get that reference

Also no PaRappa!? WTF!!

Ren and Stimpy. Did I win?

Of all the franchises, why did they have to do this to PSAllStars? :/
Is this what Yosp was talking about making PSAllStars in another form? :p

Top Bottom