• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: Bid On Items With Gold Trophies (CFW cheaters winning)

x3sphere

Sadly not surprised.

Hopefully Sony ban their consoles

The PS3 security got so completely owned that it's possible to alter / forge the console ID that's sent to Sony when connecting to PSN. So, a console ban won't do much. Account ban is the best they can do really.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You know there's roughly 300-400 Golds here lol
(PSN, PS3 DD, and PS+ Offerings missing!)

601923_4126400778767_1276334237_n.jpg

If I didn't take constant breaks and semi-retired in 2012 + worked in 2009 for 9 months, I would be hovering around a 1,000 Gold

Oh wells

Order

You know there's roughly 300-400 Golds here lol
(PNS, PS3 DD, and PS+ Offerings missing!)

601923_4126400778767_1276334237_n.jpg

If I didn't take constant breaks and semi-retired in 2012 + worked in 2009 for 9 months, I would be hovering around a 1,000 Gold

Oh wells
My entire game collection is as big as that Vita pile.

GraveRobberX

I have 22 gold trophies. I'm...not going to win anything am I?

If Trophy Hackers were not a viable option, the items would hover 400-1000+
(The 1000+ items would have been the costumes)

The Diablo Witch Doctor & Killzone Sniper look like the most priced items Gold Trophy Bidding wise

It's the props like Skyrim stuff that will be in the middle-ground

Now the concept art is the item which will be the most interesting

I'm interested to see who the second winner is for that Clicker Costume

If it's another cheater, Oh Boy, the blog post for bidforgreatness will be on fucking fire
Sony will be really fucking handcuffed then

Noi

I'd have thought the AC4 costume would be the most highly valued. Though then again, the cutlass is being auctioned off separately.

Isn't the new security chief for the PSN a former US cyber security center director who worked for the U.S Department of Homeland Security?

Does this issue go directly to him (Philip Reitinger) since I would assume hacking would be under his security branch

darkwing

Isn't the new security chief for the PSN a former US cyber security center director who worked for the U.S Department of Homeland Security?

Does this issue go directly to him (Philip Reitinger) since I would assume hacking would be under his security branch

the hack happened before him and he can't do anything now, the PS3 security is so borked right now, it's more open than something something

as someone said, best is an account ban

GraveRobberX

How does it work, why does it choose that playtime specifically? This intrigues me more than it should.

The specific program they ran through to pop all those trophies, they must have left the completion time as 1 week 11 hours, so they can at least bypass some of the trophy sites checks as to consider them as a cheater

This guy just went complete overboard and didn't take the time to shuffle each game to make them look different

They were to lazy even if they were cheating to go through each trophy set and individually change their earn and completion rate

As you can see they have some games @ 2 weeks and 3 days too

Yasawas

Oh man, I assumed that there was one legit save file they were somehow all using, I didn't realise it was all faked. This is maybe the lamest thing I've seen today, I don't understand people.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Man, going through Redsoxfan95's profile is great.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/159-Guitar-Hero-5/redsoxfan95

Somehow I don't think he played through Guitar Hero 5 that fast.

Trophy times are a few seconds apart... For things that took hours. And lots of coordination with multiple people. And somehow he collected 500 stars in career BEFORE 25 stars in career. OH MY GOD. He plays so fast he goes backwards.
My favorite is one of the Naruto ones, down near the bottom.

Thanks for all your time! - Your total play time is over 30 hours.
"29 seconds to obtain."

Hilarious!

GraveRobberX

theoretically 1 person can get all the stuff? just buy creating new PSN accounts and using a CFW PS3

They would need an ungodly amount of time, can just brute force it

You need the game either DL version, ripped version that on a huge external HDD or send files through Proxy/FTP servers

Then you would have to go through many steps just to get Platinum

There's some work involved

It's not like tomorrow someone can show up the maximum amount of Gold trophies possible and clean out the lot

#3, #4 on the leaderboard respectively have 2,322 (#3), 1,879 (#4) Gold Trophies
Those are the Top US players, unless someone says they are international and just use the US Flag as a given

So if you see anything over that amount, it's a cheater

We got 10 minutes to go for Clicker, lets see who wins, as I said before if cheater, blog post will be on fucking fire lol, if legit, some of the pitchforks will come down, but the first winner will still be in trouble

This is why everyone asked Sony to have an official leaderboards, I mean third parties have to take up the damn burden and set shit right
If MS has a dedicated team, Sony can too

1 minute countdown till Clicker winner
Validating winner, looks redsoxfan got removed from the first prize, cause his name ain't appearing

Damn concept art @111 Gold Right off the bat
Now @840, Gawd Damn, Bidding for this shit just started, ROFL

The Clicker costume was @705 Gold, Concept Art is more already, so fucking weird

libregkd

The Clicker costume was @705 Gold, Concept Art is more already, so fucking weird
No kidding. I was thinking that maybe the concept art woul dbe a bit lower than actual items. I guessed wrong.

It seems the user who won the Clicker costume, after checking their profile is actually legit.

GraveRobberX

No kidding. I was thinking that maybe the concept art would be a bit lower than actual items. I guessed wrong.

It seems the user who won the Clicker costume, after checking their profile is actually legit.

I still keep getting the validating the winner on both items

So who won the Clicker?

Hmm not bad #19 in the US got the Clicker costume, has roughly 200 Gold Left, HAHA!

So 1 Cheater, 1 Legit

Looks like Sony isn't showing the winners anymore, the bitching made them hide winners
So rather than be more open and forthcoming, they will go the shady route, amazing!

No kidding. I was thinking that maybe the concept art woul dbe a bit lower than actual items. I guessed wrong.

More folks just hearing about it now I would assume? Extra attention the negative publicity has hand an effect maybe? It's a really cool concept. They should have just went with the raffle idea though. This can be the start of something really awesome if people don't screw it up.

TheCro

Neo Member
I don't even know what I'd do with any of this if I won it. I wouldn't wear the costume because I wouldn't want the value to go down (lol), but I wouldn't even sell it either so who gives a shit about the value? Don't know how I would put a costume on display unless I bought a mannequin and that would just be weird to have. It'd probably go in the closet or a box somehwere.

I don't even know what I'd do with any of this if I won it. I wouldn't wear the costume because I wouldn't want the value to go down (lol), but I wouldn't even sell it either so who gives a shit about the value? Don't know how I would put a costume on display unless I bought a mannequin and that would just be weird to have. It'd probably go in the closet or a box somehwere.

One of the reasons I imagine the costumes went for less than the concept art

Has the AC cutlass or skyrim mace sold yet?

Often times things that are easier to display are worth more to people

Concept art would frame up nicely

jcm

I still keep getting the validating the winner on both items

So who won the Clicker?

Hmm not bad #19 in the US got the Clicker costume, has roughly 200 Gold Left, HAHA!

So 1 Cheater, 1 Legit

Looks like Sony isn't showing the winners anymore, the bitching made them hide winners
So rather than be more open and forthcoming, they will go the shady route, amazing!

It could be they are just trying to decide what to do about the cheater. Probably need to check with legal before they can cancel his bid and maybe account ban him.

It could be they are just trying to decide what to do about the cheater. Probably need to check with legal before they can cancel his bid and maybe account ban him.

That would be wonderful and make me feel better about the trophy hacking

Not good but better

baekshi

Banned

lol

if it takes this long, i can't imagine how long it would take 100's of that are so obvious and probably participated

test_account

XP-39C²
The PS3 security got so completely owned that it's possible to alter / forge the console ID that's sent to Sony when connecting to PSN. So, a console ban won't do much. Account ban is the best they can do really.
You cant forge the console ID, you need a valid one taken from another PS3. Then its basically just the same as using another PS3. Getting one of these console IDs is not that easy, so a console ban is actually effective.

EDIT: I really hope that they catch those who cheat and not let them have the item they won. I wonder how they will handle this though, if the 2nd highest bidder (if he/she is legit) gets the prize instead.

x3sphere

You cant forge the console ID, you need a valid one taken from another PS3. Then its basically just the same as using another PS3. Getting one of these console IDs is not that easy, so a console ban is actually effective.

EDIT: I really hope that they catch those who cheat and not let them have the item they won. I wonder how they will handle this though, if the 2nd highest bidder (if he/she is legit) gets the prize instead.

Ah, well I guess they switched to a whitelist-based method then, because awhile back you could sign in with a bogus console ID.

test_account

XP-39C²
Ah, well I guess they switched to a whitelist-based method then, because awhile back you could sign in with a bogus console ID.
Are you sure that it was a bogus console ID and not a valid one? I know that someone released a method on how to unban your console, but that method was to change the console ID to a legit one (which was included in the method, so everyone could do it). But after that console ID was banned, the method didnt work any more (unless they gave out a new valid console ID of course). At least from what i know. I havnt followed everything around this, so i cant say for sure how it was before :)

x3sphere

Are you sure that it was a bogus console ID and not a valid one? I know that someone released a method on how to unban your console, but that method was to change the console ID to a legit one (which was included in the method, so everyone could do it). But after that console ID was banned, the method didnt work any more (unless they gave out a new valid console ID of course). At least from what i know. I havnt followed everything around this, so i cant say for sure how it was before :)

Yeah sorry, you seem to be right. There was an app that claimed to spoof the ID but reading up now and it was just using a valid one. I never looked at the PSN circumvention stuff too closely - jumped on the PS3 homebrew bandwagon early on but kept the unit disconnected.

Top Bottom