• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: Bid On Items With Gold Trophies (CFW cheaters winning)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wow.... I am speechless. I don't have enough trophies to do shit but this program is fucking megatons. Is this the first time Achievement/trophies are used for something worthwhile?

Not quite

The defunct PlayStation Rewards, had 3 tiers, and new game purchases and trophies added to your tier

So you could reach the next tier by earning trophies and earning virtual items and later on tiers gave access to trips to certain gaming related stuff and in the end we all who participated got shirts =/

x3sphere

This is great, but basically only the top 1% can partake in it.

Should have made it so bidding Gold trophies increased your chances of winning, that way everyone could get involved.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That's how I thought it was based on the "bid trophies, have a chance to win items" description. Sounds like a much better way to go at it as well.

That reminds me of the Gametrailers auction house raffle. I would have loved it that way too.

This is great, but basically only the top 1% can partake in it.

Should have made it so bidding Gold trophies increased your chances of winning, that way everyone could get involved.

agreed

GraveRobberX

The best and simplest way would have been everyday whatever item was up, all gold trophies in your account before auction went live counted

Now each Gold Trophy = 1 Ticket

Everyone with even 1 gold trophy was eligible

More Gold Trophies = More tickets for that item

Just keep doing it till the last day

If you win, you are moved out from the pool

Hell they could have done some slick blog/twitter campaigns to increase your odds by adding in multiplers

Tweet the bid website, your Gold = Tickets get doubled, etc.

Such a waste

WinFonda

this is a great idea, but way too exclusive. basically you gotta be the top 15 in the USA to win. and if someone has that many trophies, there's very little chance they won't hear about this contest. as it is now, you should at least have to risk something by bidding. seems odd that you get refunded your gold trophy points if you get outbid too. but as already mentioned, it really should've been a raffle.

ah well, hopefully they expand more on this as a rewards program. Sony's on the right track.

If this is to suss out and reward gamers that dedicated their time to getting trophies, specifically top-tier trophies in the games they played, there ought to have been a conversion for those with Platinums. 1 Plat = X amount of gold or something like that.

Oh well... That Clicker costume would be the shit for Halloween though... :\

Edit: As for the Delsin Rowe outfit... I could just go to the Goodwill around the corner. Problem solved.

Splint

This really shouldve been a raffle with each raffle being a gold trophy. The 15 people who are going to win ..already won. They just havent bidded yet. Its like 99% of the PS fans do not even get a chance at winning. Most of the 1% think they have a chance, but they dont.

AshiusX

Banned
"We are sorry but, you are not eligible to participate based on your location. Bidding is only available to users in North American territories (USA, Canada, Mexico)."

I am from Canada for fuck sakes..........

Anyways, this should be like a lottery, not a fucking auction. Prevents so many people from even participating. You should be able to put in 50 golds in, and that gives you 50 chances, 1 gold gives you 1 chance, etc etc.

Like, its up to 540 golds. That leaves out probably 99% of the PS community. This site will be useless to the vast majority of people.

Great idea. Stupid way to go about it.
I agree, it could have been a great way for everyone to be involved in something spectacular instead the whole thing comes off as being alienating.

velociraptor

So I get 3 life size replicas of inflatable Nexus's?

8fBFc1p.png

=D LOL

what the hell.

Those props are awesome. Pity this is limited to just the very, very upper tier with crazy amounts of gold trophies. As others have said it would have been more fun to exchange trophies for raffle tickets or something.

GraveRobberX

what the hell.

Top Demon's Souls = European Version (Namco Bandai)
Middle Demon's Souls = Asian Version (Sony Japan)
Bottom Demon's Souls = North American Version (Atlus)

3 different publishers = 3 different version = 3 Trophy Sets!

(~.^)

aka THE HOLY TRINITY!

velociraptor

Top Demon's Souls = European Version (Namco Bandai)
Middle Demon's Souls = Asian Version (Sony Japan)
Bottom Demon's Souls = North American Version (Atlus)

3 different publishers = 3 different version = 3 Trophy Sets!

(~.^)

aka THE HOLY TRINITY!

I had assumed it would be three different regions, but the fact you brought three copies of the game can platinumed it thrice amazes me.

I am yet to try Demon Souls myself to be honest - I'm a little intimated by the difficulty of the game.

GraveRobberX

The top 50, some even though have American flag next to them, aren't from that region

Like #1 is from Germany, Hakoom = Middle East

I think Roughdawg is #1, they get whatever item that team fucking wants, w/o someone over bidding them

61ZkrY7.png

GraveRobberX

I only have 75 golds. Maybe I'll have a shot at one of the latest, least popular items.

Sorry to break it to you, even the shittiest of the shittiest item will hover around 500+ Gold Trophies

Most of the hot items will get bid in the 1,500+ range, then 1,000 range

The best shot like I have is the least popular item up there lol

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I have completely lost interest in this. I won't even bother checking it anymore.

I'm level 16 and have 120 golds. I have been a PS fan for a long time, and I don't game the system by playing stupid shit like Barbies horse adventure 5 times just for trophies. I get trophies because I like the game.

Apparently that doesn't matter.

Its only for "the greats". The greats who are playing every single shovelware game for easy trophies.

A lottery system like I mentioned would have been way better.

Here is what I would have done.

1. Open up ALL auctions at once. You can bid on any item you want, and it keeps track of how many you big on, and how much.

2. You can increase your bids over the month, as you earn more golds.

3. All auctions are secret. You have no idea how many people have bid for a certain item.

4. Each gold gives you essentially a ticket. You have 600 golds? Then 600 tickets. Put it all into one, or spread it across.

If you have 600 gold, you have WAY better chances of wining than someone with only 50, but at least the entire PS community can get involved.

GraveRobberX

That KZ outfit is gonna demand at least 1,000+ by tomorrow

The concept art looks like the cheapest of the bunch

The prop items will hover anywhere from 500-750

Any full outfit, 1,500+

I have an inkling that by tomorrow, you will see people with1000 Platinum and at least 5,000 Golds start appearing through CFW

There are shady sites who do business and this business will be booming for the next 2 weeks

I have an inkling that by tomorrow, you will see people with1000 Platinum and at least 5,000 Golds start appearing through CFW

There are shady sites who do business and this business will be booming for the next 2 weeks

Or maybe this is the point of this program? To catch hackers? It will be so obvious when some accounts suddenly have trophies popping up in the next 2 weeks.

Footos22

I have 470 odd golds. I'm not US so it doesn't matter anyway but I would have no chance also not even on the very last item.

Or maybe this is the point of this program? To catch hackers? It will be so obvious when some accounts suddenly have trophies popping up in the next 2 weeks.

CFW blokes will get binned due to the ToS:

The use of automated services, scripts, or other machines is strictly prohibited and will result in the termination of that account holder's access to the Site.

It's a lot more vague when it comes to people that buff their trophy stats with the same game multiple times via different region versions. Ultimately, Sony can decide that they are only going to count the trophy set per game, not per version of the game if it's the same, but there isn't anything currently in the ToS that states that.

test_account

XP-39C²
A great idea indeed, but i wont win anything. I dont have enough gold trophies, but i wont be able to bid anyway since i dont live in the US or in Mexico.

Artorias

Banned
Not quite

The defunct PlayStation Rewards, had 3 tiers, and new game purchases and trophies added to your tier

So you could reach the next tier by earning trophies and earning virtual items and later on tiers gave access to trips to certain gaming related stuff and in the end we all who participated got shirts =/

Was that the one through House Party? I got a ton of retail games through that, I was bummed when they stopped. Many of them were new releases even, that was awesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CTRL/CMD+F "Giraffe."

No results found.

Meh. Not bidding then. I wanted my own personal Giraffe.

03sho

Only just found out about the PsN profiles website. I understand that there are 2 seperate lists one with cheats only and one with both. How do you see of someone's cheated on a specific game?

I go to their profile and nothing comes up? Anyone know?

GraveRobberX

Only just found out about the PsN profiles website. I understand that there are 2 seperate lists one with cheats only and one with both. How do you see of someone's cheated on a specific game?

I go to their profile and nothing comes up? Anyone know?

Go to the Dirty Leaderboard Click #7 "BaDr911"

Look at how fast he beat Ni no Kuni
(You know a game that roughly take 60-100+ hours)

784HxtM.png

Yeah 1 hour to plat that, FUCK THAT NOISE!

Jarek23

Banned
I can't sign in!

It keeps telling me that bidding is only available in North America (US, Canada, Mexico) But I'm in Canada dammit!

Ah well, I don't think my 203 Golds will get me anything.

03sho

Go to the Dirty Leaderboard Click #7 "BaDr911"

Look at how fast he beat Ni no Kuni
(You know a game that roughly take 60-100+ hours)

784HxtM.png

Yeah 1 hour to plat that, FUCK THAT NOISE!

Haha I see. I notice that some users have their game titles in red and some black etc. what does that mean? Also, is that the only way to see if someone's cheated on a game? (Time it takes to complete)

GraveRobberX

Haha I see. I notice that some users have their game titles in red and some black etc. what does that mean? Also, is that the only way to see if someone's cheated on a game? (Time it takes to complete)

Before cheaters had red color to their name

Al their games went red color to notify you they cheated

Then when the Vita came out, with those extra glossy colors, psnprofiles gave those same color options to users for their lists
It became a way to signify that this account also had a Vita/PS3

That's the reason you see different colors, it's matched to your gamercard color

That's a pretty clever thing to do with achievements trophies.

FTFY

Shoul've known Europe would be excluded.

:(

You get better PS+ goodies, HUSH!

Top Bottom