• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: Bid On Items With Gold Trophies (CFW cheaters winning)

LiK

so if you don't win do you get your trophies back for the other auctions?

edit: nm, you probably don't or else they wouldn't tell you to skip the ones you don't care about.

gnat_

It wouldn't make much difference if they did it on platinums. If you got the plat, by definition you got all the golds in the game too.

Noi

Likely not gonna win jack but

w28sosD.png
Makes me feel like a winner even if just for a minute. :p

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Can they tell who the cheaters are?

Sony don't care

Most have multiman + proxy server + Xploder + random time stamps through CFW (custom firmware)

Some stayed offline for a long fucking time, once they got access to PSN through lowering their FW from legit to Custom and going back up again, they Synced all their trophies

psnprofiles has over 10,000 cheaters noted with 2 leaderboards, one without, one with

I lose 70 spots, within the cheaters leaderboard...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I have like one platinum and maybe 20ish gold trophies. This is out of my pay grade.

Minions

Yeah most winners will be Trophy Hackers or the guys at the top who are team based and earn trophies at an outstanding rate

Oh wells

I know I won't get anything, not worth it, when even dedicated as I am, there's almost 370+ people ahead of me in trophies... so yeah, this is wasn't thought out properly

Be smart to use Gold Trophies as a raffle, 1 Gold = 1 Raffle Ticket

So it levels the playing field

Oh wells, I'll go back to earning Trophies, no biggie

Yeah 644 Golds aren't going to get me shit

I agree... each gold bid should give you a % chance at winning.... that would mean everyone has a chance to win. The way it is set up now just rewards people that (in most cases) exploited ....

Oh well.

GraveRobberX

By the way Hakoom is from Middle East, if it's only NA, how can he bid

The first to smoke everybody gold wise is Roughdawg #3 ps3imports team

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sony don't care

Most have multiman + proxy server + Xploder + random time stamps through CFW (custom firmware)

Some stayed offline for a long fucking time, once they got access to PSN through lowering their FW from legit to Custom and going back up again, they Synced all their trophies

psnprofiles has over 10,000 cheaters noted with 2 leaderboards, one without, one with

Oh... well that's a bummer. Cheaters are such wastes of oxygen. Always have been, always will be.

Noi

Sony don't care

Would the teams even bother with this though? I'm not seeing it highly promoted, and it's not like the teams even likely have a "legit" NA address for this, not to mention the likely argument from who would get the item itself.

The actual individual people, sure, you have a point. But eh, it's not like they have enough trophies to get /everything/.

gnat_

Question: Are the gold trophies consumed on the bid itself? Or only if you are the winning bid?

In other words, if I bid all my 500 gold trophies on today's item, but I am outbid and lose, do I get to re-bid my 500 gold trophies again for a later item?

GraveRobberX

Would the teams even bother with this though? I'm not seeing it highly promoted, and it's not like the teams even likely have a "legit" NA address for this, not to mention the likely argument from who would get the item itself.

The actual individual people, sure, you have a point. But eh, it's not like they have enough trophies to get /everything/.

Teams buy item, goes on ebay, sell said item, share profit

It will be a logistical nightmare for sure, but it can be done

I had the opportunity to join multiple boosting & trophy groups whose main goal was to just to earn as many as possible, as quickly as possible, fun/enjoyment be damned

I just like Trophies, I carry the banner here on GAF so the other side has a say, I know most on GAF hate the ever living shit out of them

I'll try for one, if it gets close to my Gold Trophy amount and like one minute to go, to snipe an item away

For real though, Sony should have thought this out more

Noi

Question: Are the gold trophies consumed on the bid itself? Or only if you are the winning bid?

In other words, if I bid all my 500 gold trophies on today's item, but I am outbid and lose, do I get to re-bid my 500 gold trophies again for a later item?

I just got outbid and got my 480-something credits back, so yes, you can use them again.

Edit: New highest bid for the KZ outfit is 540, booooo. Out of my range.

GraveRobberX

Yes indeed. My asian copy has a shameful ~50% trophies. Can't be assed to get the weapon trophies again

If you can get to SL 300

I can drop you all the stones, including the Damned Pure Bladestone, so SL 280-320 Range

So yeah, I have helped roughly 25 people on ps3trophies.org with the Pay it Forward campaign

I had access to EU version only for a month, but I have my Deluxe NA and Asian copies which I'm never selling
So if you can get there and message, I'll help you get you your Platinum!

baekshi

Banned
For real though, Sony should have thought this out more

They don't give a fuck, they don't care fix their report function on the site and they simply don't care to take a minute look and ban them after looking at a report - which you can't even do on their own website. Try using their chatting up with their "support" and they'll tell you to use report function instead on their site and keep insisting it's there but isn't actually and is broke with dead link redirecting back.

And those people at twitter just ignore or the tweet just piles up nowhere.

GraveRobberX

OMG i should have focused more on getting trophies.

I tried to be a Shepard for GAF, and lead them to Salvation, by taking in the good word that is Trophy Hunting/Collecting/Whoring and our lord and saviour the Devout Platinum Trophy we worship too.

My good word fell on deaf ears, now you heathens and blasphemers should repent for thou art forsaken not to bask in the glory that is trophies

[Damn I went fucking overboard here, HAHA!]

Oh I forgot, so many Platinums and Game Shares are going to be bought from today till last day
The underbelly of trophy community is going to make so much fucking money off this

Mikey Jr.

"We are sorry but, you are not eligible to participate based on your location. Bidding is only available to users in North American territories (USA, Canada, Mexico)."

I am from Canada for fuck sakes..........

Anyways, this should be like a lottery, not a fucking auction. Prevents so many people from even participating. You should be able to put in 50 golds in, and that gives you 50 chances, 1 gold gives you 1 chance, etc etc.

Like, its up to 540 golds. That leaves out probably 99% of the PS community. This site will be useless to the vast majority of people.

Great idea. Stupid way to go about it.

Wow.... I am speechless. I don't have enough trophies to do shit but this program is fucking megatons. Is this the first time Achievement/trophies are used for something worthwhile?

That's pretty badass, although I doubt I have a chance at getting anything out of it... It's not like i'm geeky enough to beat some of the trophy hoarders.

This is pretty sweet. Kind of wish I kept up with trophies but it takes up soooo much time on top of work & school back then. No complaints over the way it was done as whoever has a large amount of trophies like that did exactly what I couldn't. Waste a lot of time on that thing.

Love to have a few of those sexy props though...

Noi

Anyways, this should be like a lottery, not a fucking auction. Prevents so many people from even participating. You should be able to put in 50 golds in, and that gives you 50 chances, 1 gold gives you 1 chance, etc etc.

That's how I thought it was based on the "bid trophies, have a chance to win items" description. Sounds like a much better way to go at it as well.

Top Bottom